• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I see. Thanks for clarifying!

I noticed that you made it possible to encounter Decidueye through SOS Calls by a wild Dartrix. I want to ask what the call rate is.
No problem! Dartrix has a call rate of 6, which is the same as an Oricorio. No idea what the actual % chance of calling an ally is, but 6 is a below average rate. I don't have access to actual chances of certain ally species appearing either, but Decidueye shouldn't be too rare - it takes up the top four ally slots in pk3Ds' editor, so it's about as rare as most other evolved SOS mons.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
No problem! Dartrix has a call rate of 6, which is the same as an Oricorio. No idea what the actual % chance of calling an ally is, but 6 is a below average rate. I don't have access to actual chances of certain ally species appearing either, but Decidueye shouldn't be too rare - it takes up the top four ally slots in pk3Ds' editor, so it's about as rare as most other evolved SOS mons.

Yeah, a call rate of 6 is pretty low, but it isn't the lowest. I think the lowest is 3? Anyway, I could also use other mechanics to make the call rate higher, like the adrenaline orb and a pokemon with intimidate or unnerve. I wanna shiny hunt Decidueye through this SOS Call. It's possible, isn't it?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Yeah, a call rate of 6 is pretty low, but it isn't the lowest. I think the lowest is 3? Anyway, I could also use other mechanics to make the call rate higher, like the adrenaline orb and a pokemon with intimidate or unnerve. I wanna shiny hunt Decidueye through this SOS Call. It's possible, isn't it?
I think 3 is the lowest yeah (other than zero of course). It's definitely possible to shiny hunt Decidueye that way, and it's probably faster than the Masuda Method.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Buffel, I apologize again for the bother, but I want to ask something about SOS Calls again. You added many SOS Calls that are custom to these hacks. My question is: did you remove the SOS Calls that were in vanilla USUM? To give just one example, in the vanilla games, Finneon can call other Finneons with a call rate of 9. In your 'Wild Pokemon Locations' document, Finneon cannot be found on any of the SOS Calls table charts. Does this mean that, in these hacks, Finneon can no longer call allies? Or did you simply just not include these info in the document because you didn't want it to be bloated with info that players of the vanilla games would already know?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Buffel, I apologize again for the bother, but I want to ask something about SOS Calls again. You added many SOS Calls that are custom to these hacks. My question is: did you remove the SOS Calls that were in vanilla USUM? To give just one example, in the vanilla games, Finneon can call other Finneons with a call rate of 9. In your 'Wild Pokemon Locations' document, Finneon cannot be found on any of the SOS Calls table charts. Does this mean that, in these hacks, Finneon can no longer call allies? Or did you simply just not include these info in the document because you didn't want it to be bloated with info that players of the vanilla games would already know?
All the vanilla calls are still there I think (there may be some exceptions but I can't recall). The document only lists different species that can be called, but every Pokemon that can be found normally can also call more of its own species in the wild, so that almost everything can be chained. You're spot on as to the reasoning - I didn't list these as it would have just doubled up the wild encounter list and bloated the doc. This also applies to mons that can't normally be found in Alola, which all have a call rate of zero in vanilla; in the hack they've got whatever I thought I was appropriate (e.g. all the regional rodents should have the same call rates).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
All the vanilla calls are still there I think (there may be some exceptions but I can't recall). The document only lists different species that can be called, but every Pokemon that can be found normally can also call more of its own species in the wild, so that almost everything can be chained. You're spot on as to the reasoning - I didn't list these as it would have just doubled up the wild encounter list and bloated the doc. This also applies to mons that can't normally be found in Alola, which all have a call rate of zero in vanilla; in the hack they've got whatever I thought I was appropriate (e.g. all the regional rodents should have the same call rates).

Oooh! So, an Alolan Rattata can still call another Alolan Rattata? But in these hacks, you made it so it is possible for it to call also its Kantonian form? And the Charjabug found in the Blush Mountain can still call another Charjabug, and its ally option is not limited to only Vikavolt?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Oooh! So, an Alolan Rattata can still call another Alolan Rattata? But in these hacks, you made it so it is possible for it to call also its Kantonian form? And the Charjabug found in the Blush Mountain can still call another Charjabug, and its ally option is not limited to only Vikavolt?
Yep that's exactly how it works!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Yep that's exactly how it works!

Thank you. I think I finally get it. All Pokemon found in the wild can call their own species and the info that you placed in the SOS Calls table charts simply state that those Pokemon have a chance to call a different species. But that does not mean they cannot call their own species.

I'm so stupid. Before, I thought that the SOS Calls tables mean there are new call allies, and therefore, I thought you completely replaced the vanilla's SOS Call system. But you actually added a lot onto it, instead of removing things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Thank you. I think I finally get it. All Pokemon found in the wild can call their own species and the info that you placed in the SOS Calls table charts simply state that those Pokemon have a chance to call a different species. But that does not mean they cannot call their own species.

I'm so stupid. Before, I thought that the SOS Calls tables mean there are new call allies, and therefore, I thought you completely replaced the vanilla's SOS Call system. But you actually added a lot onto it, instead of removing things.
No problem! Yep you've got it now, it's an expanded version of the vanilla SOS system.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Can you link me to a Ultra Sun this one is compatible with? I trying every one I can find but none of them, and every 1.2 update, won't change the title to Photonic Sun like it says in the document for Citra

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Can you link me to a Ultra Sun this one is compatible with? I trying every one I can find but none of them, and every 1.2 update, won't change the title to Photonic Sun like it says in the document for Citra
I can't do that as it's against the site's rules and also illegal. The hack will work with any version of Ultra Sun, provided it's not broken in some way. The title isn't changing because it's not supposed to, and the docs don't say it should; I suggest that you try launching the game to see if it's working or not.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
Heyo, I'd like to report a bug:

- Pidgeot is supposed to learn Hyper Voice at level 41, but when I used one in my most recent playthrough, it never learned the move at that level.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Heyo, I'd like to report a bug:

- Pidgeot is supposed to learn Hyper Voice at level 41, but when I used one in my most recent playthrough, it never learned the move at that level.
Hey, I assume it was mega evolved at the time? Seems mega Pidgeot's learnset wasn't updated. Thanks for letting me know, will fix it when I can.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Sep 13, 2021
(Ultra Sun rebalanced - Citra) I'm having an issue with the buy option inside the first pokemart of the game. When I press A the screen freezes but I can still listen to the music playing

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
(Ultra Sun rebalanced - Citra) I'm having an issue with the buy option inside the first pokemart of the game. When I press A the screen freezes but I can still listen to the music playing
Hi, please check the FAQ in the first post.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
Hey, I assume it was mega evolved at the time? Seems mega Pidgeot's learnset wasn't updated. Thanks for letting me know, will fix it when I can.

Wait, do Mega Evolved Pokemon actually just not pull from the original Pokemon's learnsets?
If so, that's absolutely bizzare, but also makes sense.

Back