• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    This video worked for me on both of my playthroughs. It's fiddly, though, so save the game state (not the game) right before the end of the battle in which your inkay levelled up and retry if it fails. It usually takes me fifteen or twenty tries.

this is super cool! thanks for your help :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    Hi, I can't get the pokemon ally in SOS call as you note in your pokemon's location document, it just call the same species of the wild pokemon. Is there any bug then?

Days
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    Servus, hoffentlich sind hier ein paar deutsche die mir helfen können. Ich kann photonic sun nicht starten. egal was ich mache, immer ist die ROM verschlüsselt. Bin der offiziellen anleitung gefolgt, aber das hat nicht gebracht.

Falls jemand helfen kann, dann gerne über discord. : Vallah Krise#2374

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey Buffel 👋
    Loving this hack rn. I'm currently doing a HC Nuzlocke on this game and am currently in vast poni canyon. I'm nearing the battle with necrozma, meaning I'll soon be able to catch Pokémon in the worm holes. I've looked in both the wilds encounters & special encounters docs and seen that i can't see what Pokémon are in which wormhole (not the ultra beast or legendaries, just the regular mons). Do you happen to know if they're unchanged?

I would check on pk3ds but I'm not home at the moment.
    Thank you very much if you read this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey Buffel 👋
    Loving this hack rn. I'm currently doing a HC Nuzlocke on this game and am currently in vast poni canyon. I'm nearing the battle with necrozma, meaning I'll soon be able to catch Pokémon in the worm holes. I've looked in both the wilds encounters & special encounters docs and seen that i can't see what Pokémon are in which wormhole (not the ultra beast or legendaries, just the regular mons). Do you happen to know if they're unchanged?

I would check on pk3ds but I'm not home at the moment.
    Thank you very much if you read this.
    Hey, one of the docs covers the changes to the wormhole mons (special encounters I think?) Aside from what's listed there they're unchanged, just at higher levels.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Hi Buffet! Really enjoying the hack so far! I'm not having any problems with the hack so far, but I was wondering if it's possible to make it so consumable held items (focus and sash, berries, etc.) aren't consumed once the battle is done. Berries are one thing but it can be annoying when going through the main game and using Pokémon with those items and having to grind BP to get more of the same item. Would it be possible to add that to the hack or is there a way for me to do that kind of thing on my end?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffet! Really enjoying the hack so far! I'm not having any problems with the hack so far, but I was wondering if it's possible to make it so consumable held items (focus and sash, berries, etc.) aren't consumed once the battle is done. Berries are one thing but it can be annoying when going through the main game and using Pokémon with those items and having to grind BP to get more of the same item. Would it be possible to add that to the hack or is there a way for me to do that kind of thing on my end?

Hey, it's possible but not easy to do. I could do it in a GBA game in a few minutes, but have no idea how it would be done on the 3DS unfortunately. I guess you could just cheat in a whole lot of them with pkhex. Just be aware the game will be laughably easy with infinite focus sashes!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    i have randomized the hack but photonic sun isn't appearing in kukui intro. I have installed the 1.2 update. whta do i do? How do i randomize the hack? i want to randomize wild pokemon, starters, static enc & wild held items

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Pokemon encounters
    I recently started playing Photonic Sun and in the first set of area's (all patches of grass in route 1 and the trainer school) I am not able to encounter any pokemon that are not in my Pokedex, are there only certain ones that can be gotten before you get to the point where Time of Day advances

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Pokemon encounters
    I recently started playing Photonic Sun and in the first set of area's (all patches of grass in route 1 and the trainer school) I am not able to encounter any pokemon that are not in my Pokedex, are there only certain ones that can be gotten before you get to the point where Time of Day advances
    Hey, the trainer's school should have the new mons immediately - I think it's just route 1 that has different encounters early on. Can you double check that:
    • There's a file named "2" in the mod's Photonic Sun\Standard\luma\titles\00040000001B5000\romfs\a\0\8 folder?
    • You've definitely got the mod files for Sun and not Moon? They're mostly the same aside from the wild mons file and the marts; both of those won't work with the opposite version's files, which is why I'm asking.

Days
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hey, the trainer's school should have the new mons immediately - I think it's just route 1 that has different encounters early on. Can you double check that:
    • There's a file named "2" in the mod's Photonic Sun\Standard\luma\titles\00040000001B5000\romfs\a\0\8 folder?
    • You've definitely got the mod files for Sun and not Moon? They're mostly the same aside from the wild mons file and the marts; both of those won't work with the opposite version's files, which is why I'm asking.

There is a file named 2 in the folder, I only have Photonic Sun downloaded, feel free to also shoot me a message on discord @Kyle_Speedruns#4323

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    There is a file named 2 in the folder, I only have Photonic Sun downloaded, feel free to also shoot me a message on discord @Kyle_Speedruns#4323
    Hmm, weird, that should be working. Could try re-installing the hack; sometimes that helps, silly as it sounds.

Days
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hmm, weird, that should be working. Could try re-installing the hack; sometimes that helps, silly as it sounds.

I had re-installed the hack on my computer and to the Luma file on my SD card, And I'm getting the same results of seeing the same mons and nothing new, while also seeing mons from the different grass patches in route 1 while still being in grass patch 1 of route 1. I also did DM you on Discord for easier contact

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I had re-installed the hack on my computer and to the Luma file on my SD card, And I'm getting the same results of seeing the same mons and nothing new, while also seeing mons from the different grass patches in route 1 while still being in grass patch 1 of route 1. I also did DM you on Discord for easier contact
    Hmm, I'm not sure what else to try, it sounds like everything is set up correctly. I'd prefer not to take this to DMs, it's better to keep things like this public in case someone else has the same problem.
    So for Rebalanced version how would you evolve charjabug?
    Same way as vanilla USUM, level up in the magnetic area (which IIRC is the power plant).

Days
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hmm, I'm not sure what else to try, it sounds like everything is set up correctly. I'd prefer not to take this to DMs, it's better to keep things like this public in case someone else has the same problem.

is it possible that the documents are outdated?

Years
  • Hey, I was wondering, is the 60 fps cheat not working a known issue, or did I do something wrong when installing the mod? Cause the cheat works on the unmodded game just fine, and your other hack, Eternal X, is okay when it comes to that kinda cheat too, and my phone is good enough to have any improvement from using said cheats.

I'm using Rebalanced 2.36, and I've updated the game, everything works so far, just not the 60 fps cheat.
    Could you help me, please? I'll try reinstalling the hack later and try again, but in case that doesn't work I would really appreciate some advice.

Also, your hacks are very cool!

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited:
    Back