• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Paras16699

Paras Shah
Years
  • A question - Is it possible to do something like retaining a 1-time use item after the battle?

For eg: Shedinja with Focus Sash. If it gets used during battle it gets returned after the Battle is over. Similar to online battles.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Suggestion: Make Prankster a normal ability instead of hidden for Murkrow. That will allow players to switch to that ability using the Ability Capsule and it could be a fun mon to play with when given Eviolite to hold.

Maybe give it some more Status egg moves in its normal learnset that it can take advantage of (eg: feather dance).

Also, how about adding Parting Shot to its moveset? Fits thematically IMO.
    A lot of Pokemon would benefit from having their ability slots swapped around, but I left them as is for simplicity. I know that reason doesn't really hold up anymore with all the Pokemon changes in the rebalanced versions, but if I start swapping ability slots now I'd have to go through every trainer in the game again to make sure their sets still work, which I don't really want to do. I can definitely tweak Murkrow's learnset to be better with Prankster though!
    Are any of the pokemon in this or EXWY shiny locked
    I removed almost all the shiny locks from EXWY (everything except Korrina's gift Lucario can be shiny), but didn't do the same for PSPM. IIRC pk3DS couldn't do it at the time, but it's something I could add in a future version.
    A question - Is it possible to do something like retaining a 1-time use item after the battle?

For eg: Shedinja with Focus Sash. If it gets used during battle it gets returned after the Battle is over. Similar to online battles.
    It's possible (the battle tree works that way so no reason it couldn't be done) , but it'd be an ASM hack so it's not something I could do unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Hello, it me, back at it again with the suggestions because hey, these are fun to make:

- Grant Pikachu/Raichu access to Extreme Speed by level up. These two actually gained the move from an event, and it does fits the speedy zappy mice. And hey, maybe it will give Light Ball Pikachu some actual viability since now it can quickly finish off any crippled target.
    - Give more Pokemon access to Sacred Sword (some of the Pokemon that could have it are Absol and Gallade). Considering that Sacred Sword pretty much lost its status as a signature move, you could give it to some Pokemon that fit it, such as Gallade with its extending sword arms, and Absol due to the sickle on its head and it being able to abuse it via Super Luck.
    - Change Klinklang's type from pure Steel to Steel/Electric. It's bizzare that it isn't already one in the base games, since it has a massive amount of Electric type moves that it can learn and its Pokedex entries talk about how it fires out energy from its red core.
    - Change Mega Sceptile's ability from Lightning Rod to something like Quick Feet or Infiltrator. Considering that it already has a x4 resistance against Electric type attacks, giving it straight up immunity to it seems redundant, and the Special Attack boost, while sometimes useful, could be better. That and it doesn't really make sense; why does a lizard with a tree on its tail become a lightning rod? Quick Feet or Infiltrator fit Sceptile a bit more and could give it some new niches it could take advantage of.
    - Bring back the Eternal X/Wilting Y versions of Cut and Strength, and give the moves to some more Pokemon (examples being Scyther/Weavile/Aegislash/Leavanny for Cut, and Incineroar/Slaking/Emboar/Pangoro for Strength). Your versions of Cut and Strength were actually really cool moves, and were both viable. Bringing the move buffs back and giving them to Pokemon that either could need it or the moves fit for could give some of them a more viable and safe to use Grass or Rock type move.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hello, it me, back at it again with the suggestions because hey, these are fun to make:

- Grant Pikachu/Raichu access to Extreme Speed by level up. These two actually gained the move from an event, and it does fits the speedy zappy mice. And hey, maybe it will give Light Ball Pikachu some actual viability since now it can quickly finish off any crippled target.
    - Give more Pokemon access to Sacred Sword (some of the Pokemon that could have it are Absol and Gallade). Considering that Sacred Sword pretty much lost its status as a signature move, you could give it to some Pokemon that fit it, such as Gallade with its extending sword arms, and Absol due to the sickle on its head and it being able to abuse it via Super Luck.
    - Change Klinklang's type from pure Steel to Steel/Electric. It's bizzare that it isn't already one in the base games, since it has a massive amount of Electric type moves that it can learn and its Pokedex entries talk about how it fires out energy from its red core.
    - Change Mega Sceptile's ability from Lightning Rod to something like Quick Feet or Infiltrator. Considering that it already has a x4 resistance against Electric type attacks, giving it straight up immunity to it seems redundant, and the Special Attack boost, while sometimes useful, could be better. That and it doesn't really make sense; why does a lizard with a tree on its tail become a lightning rod? Quick Feet or Infiltrator fit Sceptile a bit more and could give it some new niches it could take advantage of.
    - Bring back the Eternal X/Wilting Y versions of Cut and Strength, and give the moves to some more Pokemon (examples being Scyther/Weavile/Aegislash/Leavanny for Cut, and Incineroar/Slaking/Emboar/Pangoro for Strength). Your versions of Cut and Strength were actually really cool moves, and were both viable. Bringing the move buffs back and giving them to Pokemon that either could need it or the moves fit for could give some of them a more viable and safe to use Grass or Rock type move.
    With Klinklang I feel Motor Drive on it is good enough to make it sort of a quasi-Electric type. And with Mega Sceptile I think Lightning Rod is substantially better in terms of viability than Quick Feet; though I do agree it doesn't really make sense to turn a 4x resistance into an immunity I think the special attack boost makes it at least handy for switches. I agree with the others for sure though!

On sort of a similar note it occurred to me recently doing some Theorymon crafting that the Cranidos line has no access to Rock Head despite it fitting the line just about perfectly and synergizing really well with moves it has like Head Smash. Would it be reasonable for you to give them access to it? Or would that be too broken? I mean you already gave Rampardos a defense boost and Accelerock so it's not as though it's unviable in this.

Edit because I forgot I was going to mention this: I've been spending some time browsing Smogon's "OptiMons" meta which aims to make most Pokemon at least competitively viable and a number of the suggestions on there seem pretty decently fitting to me.
    -For Dusknoir it occurs to me that Bulk Up would be great to help with it having decent defensive bulk but really awful HP by shoring up its defense enough for that not to especially matter and Knock Off seems pretty fitting for it. Bulk Up also would be nice for Electivire and would make sense with its newfound Fighting type!
    -Dragon Dance I think could be really helpful for a number of slower Dragon types. Druddigon is the first to come to mind for me since that's one that Smogon actually covered in the meta but it also could be fun on Goodra (albeit perhaps broken) and with Alolan Exeggutor it would actually give it a decent way and reason to run the physical sets it seems intended for. There are others too but these are the ones that seem to me to be most reasonable.
    -I think Garbodor could use some buffs, in SWSH it actually gained access to Metal Claw (only learned that today) and OptiMons has it as a Poison/Steel type which is pretty fun and unique. Recover would help it and maybe Iron Head and/or Meteor Mash? Bullet Punch comes to mind also so despite its poor speed it could get in STAB priority but that could be a bit much.
    That's all I've got for now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    Playing through and noticed this, but Roggenrola spawns in the grass at Ten Carat Hill, despite the Wild Pokemon Location document not showing it

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024

100% agreed with the movepool changes! I really like Sacred Sword Absol, and it fits Gallade too. Not sure about Electric typing for Klinklang; I guess you could argue that its core is kinda like a generator as it spins to generate energy, but other than that pure Steel suits it IMO. I'll think about it!
    Quick Feet on a mega would be on par with Lightningrod; it can't hold a status orb, so you'd have to rely on the opponent statusing it most of the time. As for Infiltrator, it's hard to say if bypassing barriers is better than immunity to Thunder Wave; they're both somewhat common in the hack.
    I can definitely bring back the buffed HMs, but it'll take a while as there are a lot of Pokemon that benefit from them.
    Thanks for your suggestions!
    With Klinklang I feel Motor Drive on it is good enough to make it sort of a quasi-Electric type. And with Mega Sceptile I think Lightning Rod is substantially better in terms of viability than Quick Feet; though I do agree it doesn't really make sense to turn a 4x resistance into an immunity I think the special attack boost makes it at least handy for switches. I agree with the others for sure though!

On sort of a similar note it occurred to me recently doing some Theorymon crafting that the Cranidos line has no access to Rock Head despite it fitting the line just about perfectly and synergizing really well with moves it has like Head Smash. Would it be reasonable for you to give them access to it? Or would that be too broken? I mean you already gave Rampardos a defense boost and Accelerock so it's not as though it's unviable in this.

Edit because I forgot I was going to mention this: I've been spending some time browsing Smogon's "OptiMons" meta which aims to make most Pokemon at least competitively viable and a number of the suggestions on there seem pretty decently fitting to me.
    -For Dusknoir it occurs to me that Bulk Up would be great to help with it having decent defensive bulk but really awful HP by shoring up its defense enough for that not to especially matter and Knock Off seems pretty fitting for it. Bulk Up also would be nice for Electivire and would make sense with its newfound Fighting type!
    -Dragon Dance I think could be really helpful for a number of slower Dragon types. Druddigon is the first to come to mind for me since that's one that Smogon actually covered in the meta but it also could be fun on Goodra (albeit perhaps broken) and with Alolan Exeggutor it would actually give it a decent way and reason to run the physical sets it seems intended for. There are others too but these are the ones that seem to me to be most reasonable.
    -I think Garbodor could use some buffs, in SWSH it actually gained access to Metal Claw (only learned that today) and OptiMons has it as a Poison/Steel type which is pretty fun and unique. Recover would help it and maybe Iron Head and/or Meteor Mash? Bullet Punch comes to mind also so despite its poor speed it could get in STAB priority but that could be a bit much.
    That's all I've got for now.
    Rock Head Rampardos would be scary with that attack stat, but probably wouldn't be broken as it's still a slow Rock type. There are quite a few Rock Head Head Smashers already though (Aerodactyl, Aggron, Golem and Tyrantrum); don't want to overdo it with that combo.
    I do like those movepool changes, will definitely add them in. Steel typing is an interesting way to improve Garbodor; I couldn't come up with anything creative for it when I was buffing things, but that fits pretty well!
    Playing through and noticed this, but Roggenrola spawns in the grass at Ten Carat Hill, despite the Wild Pokemon Location document not showing it
    Thought I'd fixed that already, guess not. Thanks for letting me know!

Danvex203

Toge-lover
    Years
  • This update was cool! Definitely going to add that fire Sunflora to my extra team. I'm still hoping someday to see a Ghost/Bug Parasect but that's fine! There's actually a lot of cool mons right now, you're doing good with the extra improvements!
    Oh, and I got confused for a while trying to give a Skiddo an ability capsule but it wouldn't work! Apparently Grassy Surge was only for Gogoat and I thought the documents said them both had the ability.
    Well, that's all I wanted to say. Please keep up with the awesome work, I'm looking forward to more PSPM updates!
    Remember to drink water, 'kay bye!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    Thought I'd mention too that there's a Gentleman trainer in the Hau'oli City Hall that battles you with a single Level 14 Dunsparce, which is the exact Pokemon he used in the base game. Not sure if you missed him, or just didn't bothering changing such an unimportant trainer.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Okay so I got a small suggestion for today, but one that could maybe make a certain battle harder:

- Give Red's Pikachu 252 IVs in all stats, similar to Ghetsis' Hydreigon. His Pikachu, even with the nuclear potential thanks to its Light Ball, is still extremely easy to take out, leaving Red at a 5v6 very quickly. Giving it max IVs in every stat would make it somewhat of a threat, being able to either immediately faint or at least make a dent in one of the player's Pokemon and not be simple fodder. I decided with this since having Red have a Raichu would probably feel extremely weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2020
    Hello, just created this account to thank you for this incredible rom hack : it's one of the best I have ever played!
    The rebalanced version is really great with the stats and typing changes.
    Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Had some ideas for ability and move distribution looking through the latest update:
    -Though it doesn't fit especially well thematically, Sheer Force on Gengar in place of one iteration of Cursed Body (probably hidden ability) would be phenomenally strong. Nearly all of its best damage ad coverage options have secondary effects. On the other hand Serene Grace, though even less thematically fitting, could make it pretty nasty with regards to stat drops and status conditions.
    -Spike Cannon could maybe be made into a Water type move. Literally every Pokemon capable of learning it is a Water type, and a Water type Skill Link move for Cloyster would be devastating, plus it could give something new for physical Toxapex variants.
    -In usual competitive usage the key issue with Kingler tends to be that both boosted speed and boosted attack are needed in most cases in order to get off meaningful damage. You've given it a lot of buffs already but Shell Smash certainly comes to mind for me, though at that point it may get to be a little broken.
    -Pinsir gets Body Slam via TR in SWSH and I believe in Gen III it got Double-Edge via move tutor. That may not sound like much but with its Mega those would both be fantastic for it, particularly since while it gets Strength by level up now that's a Rock type move in EXWY and you'd mentioned bringing back the buffed HMs.
    -You've given a handful of Eeveelutions two standard abilities but not all of them. I'm not fully sure if that was intentional or not but I could very much imagine Regenerator or Natural Cure for Vaporeon, Competitive or Lightning Rod for Jolteon, perhaps Fluffy or Fur Coat for Flareon (never realized just how frail that thing is), Psychic Surge for Espeon (can't think of anything more reasonable unfortunately), and Misty Surge for Sylveon (maybe less broken than Espeon, I hope).
    -Have you considered Tough Claws in place of Weak Armor or Battle Armor for the Kabuto line? It definitely fits thematically and from a design standpoint, and I'd imagine it to be pretty potent as well.
    -Maybe it's a little out of place but considering Contrary Hitmontop would be great with Hammer Arm. I don't think there's presently a Contrary user that gets it or another speed-lowering move. It'll also be fantastic once the buffed HMs are added, the defense drops from Strength will go right along with its already surprising bulk.
    -Miltank gets High Horsepower by level up in SWSH, not sure if that was an oversight or intentionally excluded here.
    -I know Emboar already gets it, but maybe in exchange for Speed Boost in the hidden ability slot Blaziken could get Reckless? Great synergy with High Jump Kick, Brave Bird, and Flare Blitz, and if so you also could give it access to Submission.
    -I think Scrappy should be made a standard ability for Swellow; both Boomburst for special sets and the newly added Extreme Speed for physical get walled by Ghost types. In its place for a hidden ability it could get Speed Boost (I doubt that'd be too busted on something like Swellow) or Serene Grace to go along with its already good speed stat.
    -Since you haven't retyped Masquerain to Bug/Water like a lot of people do maybe an ability like Storm Drain could be good for it? Alternatively if you do make it Bug/Water Drizzle would be great, particularly with Hurricane. In fact it doesn't even need to be Water for Drizzle to make sense for it and it would be unique in that Drizzle is there to cancel out its Fire weakess.
    -To go with Contrary there are a handful of moves I could see Spinda getting but the first to come to mind are Psycho Boost and Close Combat. I know you've buffed it already but a Close Combat boost to its bad defenses and some snowballing potential with a move like Psycho Boost would be great.
    -At least thematically I could see Cacturne getting Stakeout, though I don't know what ability it would replace.
    -Not a move or ability suggestion, but Chimecho becoming Psychic/Normal to get more mileage out of its sound moves would be great.
    -Have you considered Strong Jaw on Walrein? A bit unusual but I think it could replace Oblivious pretty well to boost up its Crunch and Ice Fang.

That's all I've got for now, I'll edit if more comes to mind. I know you're busy with your Emerald rom hack though so no pressure!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    I have a few suggestions to make, based on what is currently on my team as I play through the game.

I love that Typhlosion is Fire/Ground, but either its ability or stats need to change. Its base Special Attack is better than its Attack, which makes Anger Point less useful of an ability, since its movepool seems to favor Special Attacks, with the exception of Stomping Tantrum and Double Kick. I would recommend either changing its ability, maybe to Flame Body, or have its stats change to favor Physical Attacks. From there, Earthquake and Fire Punch could be better suited for it; maybe even Flare Blitz.

Next, Zoroark gets access to Sludge Bomb as an Event Move in Gen 6, as well as TR in Gen 8. I think it would be smart to add it to its learnset for this mod to give it a little more coverage against Fairy types.

My other suggestion would be to give Glalie Strong Jaw as one of its abilities. Refrigerate is great, but allowing it a stronger Ice Fang and Crunch, as well as maybe Move Relearner Thunder Fang would definitely be a nice option. That, or even Sturdy, due to its large number of weaknesses, as well as two 4x weaknesses.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Okay there's one thing missing for the docs that should be in there, and a balance change because why not:

- The Pokemon Changes document doesn't mention Sunflora getting Drought, even though the patch notes say that it does.

And now for the suggestion:

- Reduce Shuckle's defenses a bit, and use them to increase its HP (maybe taking 15 from both defenses and then giving it +30 HP). Though it has insane defenses, Shuckle doesn't actually have much bulk, and that's due to it having low base HP. Giving it a buff to its HP stat in exchange for its defenses would give it a better fighting chance, since now it would be able to take hits better (that and since Shuckle already has 500 BST, I dunno if it would be wise to just straight up give it more stats).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This update was cool! Definitely going to add that fire Sunflora to my extra team. I'm still hoping someday to see a Ghost/Bug Parasect but that's fine! There's actually a lot of cool mons right now, you're doing good with the extra improvements!
    Oh, and I got confused for a while trying to give a Skiddo an ability capsule but it wouldn't work! Apparently Grassy Surge was only for Gogoat and I thought the documents said them both had the ability.
    Well, that's all I wanted to say. Please keep up with the awesome work, I'm looking forward to more PSPM updates!
    Remember to drink water, 'kay bye!
    Thanks! Grassy Surge would be a little too strong early on so it's Gogoat only.
    Thought I'd mention too that there's a Gentleman trainer in the Hau'oli City Hall that battles you with a single Level 14 Dunsparce, which is the exact Pokemon he used in the base game. Not sure if you missed him, or just didn't bothering changing such an unimportant trainer.
    Definitely missed him, every trainer is supposed to be edited. Thanks for reporting that!
    Hello, just created this account to thank you for this incredible rom hack : it's one of the best I have ever played!
    The rebalanced version is really great with the stats and typing changes.
    Keep up the good work!
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to let me know that!
    Had some ideas for ability and move distribution looking through the latest update:
    -Though it doesn't fit especially well thematically, Sheer Force on Gengar in place of one iteration of Cursed Body (probably hidden ability) would be phenomenally strong. Nearly all of its best damage ad coverage options have secondary effects. On the other hand Serene Grace, though even less thematically fitting, could make it pretty nasty with regards to stat drops and status conditions.
    -Spike Cannon could maybe be made into a Water type move. Literally every Pokemon capable of learning it is a Water type, and a Water type Skill Link move for Cloyster would be devastating, plus it could give something new for physical Toxapex variants.
    -In usual competitive usage the key issue with Kingler tends to be that both boosted speed and boosted attack are needed in most cases in order to get off meaningful damage. You've given it a lot of buffs already but Shell Smash certainly comes to mind for me, though at that point it may get to be a little broken.
    -Pinsir gets Body Slam via TR in SWSH and I believe in Gen III it got Double-Edge via move tutor. That may not sound like much but with its Mega those would both be fantastic for it, particularly since while it gets Strength by level up now that's a Rock type move in EXWY and you'd mentioned bringing back the buffed HMs.
    -You've given a handful of Eeveelutions two standard abilities but not all of them. I'm not fully sure if that was intentional or not but I could very much imagine Regenerator or Natural Cure for Vaporeon, Competitive or Lightning Rod for Jolteon, perhaps Fluffy or Fur Coat for Flareon (never realized just how frail that thing is), Psychic Surge for Espeon (can't think of anything more reasonable unfortunately), and Misty Surge for Sylveon (maybe less broken than Espeon, I hope).
    -Have you considered Tough Claws in place of Weak Armor or Battle Armor for the Kabuto line? It definitely fits thematically and from a design standpoint, and I'd imagine it to be pretty potent as well.
    -Maybe it's a little out of place but considering Contrary Hitmontop would be great with Hammer Arm. I don't think there's presently a Contrary user that gets it or another speed-lowering move. It'll also be fantastic once the buffed HMs are added, the defense drops from Strength will go right along with its already surprising bulk.
    -Miltank gets High Horsepower by level up in SWSH, not sure if that was an oversight or intentionally excluded here.
    -I know Emboar already gets it, but maybe in exchange for Speed Boost in the hidden ability slot Blaziken could get Reckless? Great synergy with High Jump Kick, Brave Bird, and Flare Blitz, and if so you also could give it access to Submission.
    -I think Scrappy should be made a standard ability for Swellow; both Boomburst for special sets and the newly added Extreme Speed for physical get walled by Ghost types. In its place for a hidden ability it could get Speed Boost (I doubt that'd be too busted on something like Swellow) or Serene Grace to go along with its already good speed stat.
    -Since you haven't retyped Masquerain to Bug/Water like a lot of people do maybe an ability like Storm Drain could be good for it? Alternatively if you do make it Bug/Water Drizzle would be great, particularly with Hurricane. In fact it doesn't even need to be Water for Drizzle to make sense for it and it would be unique in that Drizzle is there to cancel out its Fire weakess.
    -To go with Contrary there are a handful of moves I could see Spinda getting but the first to come to mind are Psycho Boost and Close Combat. I know you've buffed it already but a Close Combat boost to its bad defenses and some snowballing potential with a move like Psycho Boost would be great.
    -At least thematically I could see Cacturne getting Stakeout, though I don't know what ability it would replace.
    -Not a move or ability suggestion, but Chimecho becoming Psychic/Normal to get more mileage out of its sound moves would be great.
    -Have you considered Strong Jaw on Walrein? A bit unusual but I think it could replace Oblivious pretty well to boost up its Crunch and Ice Fang.

That's all I've got for now, I'll edit if more comes to mind. I know you're busy with your Emerald rom hack though so no pressure!
    That's a lot of suggestions! I won't buff Gengar (especially with abilities that don't suit it) and Psychic Surge Espeon would be too strong IMO, but I'll consider the rest. Things like Pinsir and Miltank lacking moves they should have will definitely be fixed though. Thanks for taking the time to share all of these!
    I have a few suggestions to make, based on what is currently on my team as I play through the game.

I love that Typhlosion is Fire/Ground, but either its ability or stats need to change. Its base Special Attack is better than its Attack, which makes Anger Point less useful of an ability, since its movepool seems to favor Special Attacks, with the exception of Stomping Tantrum and Double Kick. I would recommend either changing its ability, maybe to Flame Body, or have its stats change to favor Physical Attacks. From there, Earthquake and Fire Punch could be better suited for it; maybe even Flare Blitz.

Next, Zoroark gets access to Sludge Bomb as an Event Move in Gen 6, as well as TR in Gen 8. I think it would be smart to add it to its learnset for this mod to give it a little more coverage against Fairy types.

My other suggestion would be to give Glalie Strong Jaw as one of its abilities. Refrigerate is great, but allowing it a stronger Ice Fang and Crunch, as well as maybe Move Relearner Thunder Fang would definitely be a nice option. That, or even Sturdy, due to its large number of weaknesses, as well as two 4x weaknesses.
    Anger Point was meant to make physical sets a usable option (even though Eruption spam is still the better option), but it looks like I completely forgot to give it physical moves to work with. Flare Blitz is an egg move for it so I can definitely add that to its level up moves.
    Sludge Bomb Zoroark is already in, it's one of the unlisted event/past gen moves some Pokemon have, along with Surf for Pikachu and a few others. I should probably add those to the docs.
    Sure, Strong Jaw seems appropriate for Glalie. Hopefully we'll get a Rock type biting move for it and Tyrantrum one day!
    Okay there's one thing missing for the docs that should be in there, and a balance change because why not:

- The Pokemon Changes document doesn't mention Sunflora getting Drought, even though the patch notes say that it does.

And now for the suggestion:

- Reduce Shuckle's defenses a bit, and use them to increase its HP (maybe taking 15 from both defenses and then giving it +30 HP). Though it has insane defenses, Shuckle doesn't actually have much bulk, and that's due to it having low base HP. Giving it a buff to its HP stat in exchange for its defenses would give it a better fighting chance, since now it would be able to take hits better (that and since Shuckle already has 500 BST, I dunno if it would be wise to just straight up give it more stats).
    Oops, will fix the docs today. Shuckle's a tricky one to buff because it starts to get really bulky with HP boosts, and lowering it's defenses hurts its Power Swap gimmick (no idea if anyone actually uses that though). It's already bulky enough to survive any of Ultra Necrozma's attacks, and Pain Split + Sturdy works well with its terrible HP stat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    Just going through some Pokemon here, and I thought I'd drop some suggestions for other changes.

I think Dusk Lycanroc could get a second typing, only because the other two forms did. Either Ground like Midday, or something else like maybe Rock/Normal, given the movepool it has.
    Lurantis could easily be Grass/Bug with some additional moves available to it, like Leech Life, as well as X-Scizzor and Fury Cutter, which it already has.
    Comfey could be Grass/Fairy, since it even gets more Grass type moves than Fairy in its learnset, plus it fits the design. Same goes for Florges.
    Goodra could be Dragon/Water because of the multitude of water moves it learns, plus its availability revolves around water.
    The three Gen 5 monkeys all feel like they could have a secondary Normal typing. Not sure why I think that, just feel like it works.
    Excardrill needs Iron Head as a level up move, as its only has Metal Claw as its one Level-up move since Gen 5.
    Cryagonal could get the Ghost/Ice typing, just based off its design really, as well as some moveset changes, such as Shadow Ball.
    Yanmega as Bug/Dragon purely for the design and the species its based on, as well as being a generally requested typing for it. Plus, Bug/Dragon would be a great unique typing
    Sunny Cherrim could be Grass/Fire to get more use out of Sunny Day, with the Downcast form staying as it is.
    Absol has Play Rough through level up, so I think its Mega evolution should be Dark/Fairy. Its design definitely gives off that vibe
    Torkal could be Fire/Rock, given the design. I'm surprised its not already one in the base game honestly.
    Ursaring could be given some attention as the precursor to Beawear, with some additional Fighting moves and changed to Normal/Fighting
    Bug/Psychic Butterfree makes sense for it, and I think it would be a welcome change from all the other Bug/Flying in the game.

Thats all that really comes to mind. Excluding slapping Fairy type onto all "pixie" looking Pokemon such as Minccino and Delcatty, or Normal/Fighting Ambipom. I hope this isn't too much, and I more just wanted to see what you're thoughts were on some of these suggestions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Excluding slapping Fairy type onto all "pixie" looking Pokemon such as Minccino and Delcatty, or Normal/Fighting Ambipom.
    Honestly Delcatty needs any buff it can get, considering even with it getting Nasty Plot in the hack, it doesn't seem worth raising. And hey, Normal/Fairy fits, so wouldn't hurt.
    But anyways, I got a suggestion of my own, as well as a question to Buffel about one thing. First, the suggestion:

- Replace Lusamine's Absol in the first fight with her Lopunny. Honestly this is the one trainer change that kinda confuses me. Lopunny already has a Mega Evolution, it was in her vanilla Ultra Sun/Moon team like the rest of her Pokemon, and Absol doesn't really fit Lusamine, especially because of the whole "oncoming disaster" thing with it. And hell, she gets her Lopunny back for the rematch. Why not give her the Lopunny for the first fight?

Alright, now since that's over with, I got a question to ask out of curiosity:
    - Have you considered giving any more Pokemon the Vikavolt treatment (as in, buffing a Pokemon up to 600 BST and making them essentially a new Pseudo-Legendary)?

Paras16699

Paras Shah
    Years
  • Think you can make some changes to the move tutors list? Important moves like Drain Punch, Liquidation come very late (almost end of the game) when learnt at Battle Tree in Poni Island. Due to the difficulty curve of this mod, I think they should be available by Ula'ula beach island.

For instance, I wanted Incineroar to learn Drain Punch for health sustainance, but it's not possible until the very end of the game..

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    That's a lot of suggestions! I won't buff Gengar (especially with abilities that don't suit it) and Psychic Surge Espeon would be too strong IMO, but I'll consider the rest. Things like Pinsir and Miltank lacking moves they should have will definitely be fixed though. Thanks for taking the time to share all of these!
    I did also think of Dazzling for Espeon, the main thing it fears is Sucker Punch. Some way to make physical sets usable on Gengar would be great considering its movepool but I definitely get the reasoning behind not buffing it. Shadow Shield could fit for it particularly given its fragility, but even that might be a bit overpowered.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2020
    Hello. I have been playing this game and its really fun, but I have a problem which makes me unable to play this game at all. When I battle totem Mimikyu, I am able to KO it, but then instead of the battle ending, his hp bar is still there, but there is no sprite of him and i cant attack anybody to end the battle. Does anybody else have this problem, please help?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Just going through some Pokemon here, and I thought I'd drop some suggestions for other changes.

I think Dusk Lycanroc could get a second typing, only because the other two forms did. Either Ground like Midday, or something else like maybe Rock/Normal, given the movepool it has.
    That sounds like a nerf rather than a buff; gaining normal STAB isn't worth a 4x weakness to fighting.
    Lurantis could easily be Grass/Bug with some additional moves available to it, like Leech Life, as well as X-Scizzor and Fury Cutter, which it already has.
    Lurantis' gimmick is that it's an orchid mantis in reverse (so it's a plant pretending to be a bug). Adding bug typing to it would ruin that.
    Comfey could be Grass/Fairy, since it even gets more Grass type moves than Fairy in its learnset, plus it fits the design. Same goes for Florges.
    Yeah, there are plenty of Grass/Fairy types already though, and their flowers aren't actually part of them, which is probably why they aren't grass types in the base game.
    Goodra could be Dragon/Water because of the multitude of water moves it learns, plus its availability revolves around water.
    This one fits and I have considered it, but I thought Dragon/Poison also fitted and couldn't decide between the two 😅. Mono Dragon also has a couple of nice resistances which it would lose if it became part water. Dragon/Water is probably still an upgrade though!
    The three Gen 5 monkeys all feel like they could have a secondary Normal typing. Not sure why I think that, just feel like it works.
    Mm, Normal typing can be slapped on anything that's based on an animal. As they were meant to be paired with starter Pokemon I think their pure elemental typing is fine as is though.
    Excardrill needs Iron Head as a level up move, as its only has Metal Claw as its one Level-up move since Gen 5.
    Excadrill is very strong as is, and the Iron Head tutor is available at a reasonable point in the game. That said, I'd be willing to give it Smart Strike by level up instead, seeing as the TM for that was replaced.
    Cryagonal could get the Ghost/Ice typing, just based off its design really, as well as some moveset changes, such as Shadow Ball.
    It does look vaguely ghostly, but it's just a living snowflake, not a possessed snowflake/angry snow spirit etc. so I'm not sure I agree with this one.
    Yanmega as Bug/Dragon purely for the design and the species its based on, as well as being a generally requested typing for it. Plus, Bug/Dragon would be a great unique typing
    That one I'm never going to do no matter how many times it's requested; Yanmega isn't a dragon, it's a flying insect. Sure it's based on a dragonfly, but dragonflies aren't even called dragonflies in a lot of languages, and there's no mention of dragons in anything related to Yanmega itself.
    Sunny Cherrim could be Grass/Fire to get more use out of Sunny Day, with the Downcast form staying as it is.
    It could be, but it doesn't look like a fire type. I did give it a Fire move in EXWY, but that was removed in this hack as I felt that it made no sense.
    Absol has Play Rough through level up, so I think its Mega evolution should be Dark/Fairy. Its design definitely gives off that vibe
    A lot of other Pokemon get Play Rough by level up too, it's a widely distributed move now. I kinda agree with its design looking like it could be part Fairy, but I can't quite say why, which is why I've left it as is.
    Torkal could be Fire/Rock, given the design. I'm surprised its not already one in the base game honestly.
    Yeah, I think that typing hurts more than it helps though!
    Ursaring could be given some attention as the precursor to Beawear, with some additional Fighting moves and changed to Normal/Fighting
    It's the only bear Pokemon other than Snorlax that isn't part Fighting at this point, I'd like to leave it that way for some variety.
    Bug/Psychic Butterfree makes sense for it, and I think it would be a welcome change from all the other Bug/Flying in the game.
    It would be a unique typing, but I'd still take STAB Compoundeyes Hurricane over STAB Psychic. Would absolutely consider that typing in a hack without Hurricane in it though!
    Thats all that really comes to mind. Excluding slapping Fairy type onto all "pixie" looking Pokemon such as Minccino and Delcatty, or Normal/Fighting Ambipom. I hope this isn't too much, and I more just wanted to see what you're thoughts were on some of these suggestions.
    Responses in bold! Hope I don't come across as rude, but I'm not a big fan of most of these.
    Honestly Delcatty needs any buff it can get, considering even with it getting Nasty Plot in the hack, it doesn't seem worth raising. And hey, Normal/Fairy fits, so wouldn't hurt.
    But anyways, I got a suggestion of my own, as well as a question to Buffel about one thing. First, the suggestion:

- Replace Lusamine's Absol in the first fight with her Lopunny. Honestly this is the one trainer change that kinda confuses me. Lopunny already has a Mega Evolution, it was in her vanilla Ultra Sun/Moon team like the rest of her Pokemon, and Absol doesn't really fit Lusamine, especially because of the whole "oncoming disaster" thing with it. And hell, she gets her Lopunny back for the rematch. Why not give her the Lopunny for the first fight?

Alright, now since that's over with, I got a question to ask out of curiosity:
    - Have you considered giving any more Pokemon the Vikavolt treatment (as in, buffing a Pokemon up to 600 BST and making them essentially a new Pseudo-Legendary)?
    Yeah, Delcatty just needs better everything. I don't think I can buff it more without making it a completely different Pokemon (though maybe that'd be for the best?). It's basically just an early game mon like Raticate or Mightyena, so it's not going to be hugely powerful anyway. Lusamine's Lopunny was a little redundant alongside her Bewear, and without Bewear she has zero Alolan Pokemon, which would've been a bit odd for an important trainer. I also like having the rematch be something different so that it's worth it to battle her again.

I considered making more psuedos when I made that change to Vikavolt, but decided against it as I don't really like massive stat boosts as a way to buff things. Having too many psuedos also makes them less special; one or two per region is enough IMO.
    Think you can make some changes to the move tutors list? Important moves like Drain Punch, Liquidation come very late (almost end of the game) when learnt at Battle Tree in Poni Island. Due to the difficulty curve of this mod, I think they should be available by Ula'ula beach island.

For instance, I wanted Incineroar to learn Drain Punch for health sustainance, but it's not possible until the very end of the game..
    I'd love to move all the Battle Tree shops to the Poni Island beach, but unfortunately that'd require script editing so I can't do it just yet. The only alternative would be moving all the useless tutor moves to the post game, but pk3DS can't edit the move tutors properly, so I can't do that yet either.
    I did also think of Dazzling for Espeon, the main thing it fears is Sucker Punch. Some way to make physical sets usable on Gengar would be great considering its movepool but I definitely get the reasoning behind not buffing it. Shadow Shield could fit for it particularly given its fragility, but even that might be a bit overpowered.
    Dazzling Espeon sounds reasonable, it'd essentially be Psychic Surge without the massive damage boost. IMO three immunities and Substitute + Disable is plenty to get around Gengar's fragility, and there's always Gengarite if you want some extra bulk.

Back