• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2021
    Hi, new here, and I just realised the game does not include outlines. May I know how I can patch them back in please?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have a question, albeit strange. I noticed that in the first battle against Hau (the one after you get your starter), his Litten had Intimidate. But in the next battles, it didn't. Do you know why?
    Probably just an oversight on my end, nothing to worry about! Were you playing the standard version by any chance? It's probably just set to the wrong ability slot.
    Hi, just started Photonic Sun and loving it! However, I just realised the game removed the outlines, and I prefer having them in. How do I do that? Is there a patch that I can do? Would appreciate any help I can get with this, please and thank you!
    Hey, the hack doesn't remove outlines, that's a completely separate patch. I can help fix that, but I need more information first:
    • What did you do to get the hack set up? I.e. did you follow the install guide from the hack's Google Drive or download a prebuilt copy?
    • Are you playing on citra or a 3DS?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    Hey, has anyone been able to get this working on android? I've tried what little suggestions i've been able to find on this thread but none of them have worked. If you've gotten it to work on mobile please post it as a reply or message me. Thank you so much!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2021
    Hello. I beat the first island challenge and now wild Pokémon are able to call for help, as expected. However, the Pokémon that call for help and the ones that show up don't seem to match the ones listed in the documentation (specifically "Wild Pokémon Locations"). In Verdant Caverns an Onyx called an Onyx for help, and in patch of grass #3 of Route 2 a Cutiefly tried to call for help. Am I misunderstanding the documentation, or is there something wrong?

I'm playing using Citra on Windows. I'm not sure which version I'm in but it's definitely not any of the December releases. Maybe it's 2.31 or 2.32.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello. I beat the first island challenge and now wild Pokémon are able to call for help, as expected. However, the Pokémon that call for help and the ones that show up don't seem to match the ones listed in the documentation (specifically "Wild Pokémon Locations"). In Verdant Caverns an Onyx called an Onyx for help, and in patch of grass #3 of Route 2 a Cutiefly tried to call for help. Am I misunderstanding the documentation, or is there something wrong?

I'm playing using Citra on Windows. I'm not sure which version I'm in but it's definitely not any of the December releases. Maybe it's 2.31 or 2.32.

Hey, the documents only list SOS species that are different from the species that called them. Almost every Pokemon can call for help (the exceptions are things like the Melemele Salamence and Hydreigon), but they'll only summon more of the same Pokemon unless the documents say otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2021
    Hey, the documents only list SOS species that are different from the species that called them. Almost every Pokemon can call for help (the exceptions are things like the Melemele Salamence and Hydreigon), but they'll only summon more of the same Pokemon unless the documents say otherwise.

Ah, I see. I had tried to use an Adrenaline Orb on an Axew but it didn't call for help, so I presumed it wouldn't work. Thank you for the quick reply.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ah, I see. I had tried to use an Adrenaline Orb on an Axew but it didn't call for help, so I presumed it wouldn't work. Thank you for the quick reply.
    It should work on Axew, but it could also be bugged. In on holiday right now so I won't be able to check for a week or so though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    I installed the 1.2 title update on my 3ds to fix the mart freezing issue on photonic sun but I get a data abort game crash now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I installed the 1.2 title update on my 3ds to fix the mart freezing issue on photonic sun but I get a data abort game crash now.

How did you install the hack/what instructions did you follow to set it up? If you didn't use the guide found in the hack's google drive, please try again following that instead. Any other methods (especially using prebuilt .cias of the hack) are just going to cause problems.

You should also check that luma is on the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    How did you install the hack/what instructions did you follow to set it up? If you didn't use the guide found in the hack's google drive, please try again following that instead. Any other methods (especially using prebuilt .cias of the hack) are just going to cause problems.

You should also check that luma is on the latest version.

I think I just copied the title id folder instead of the whole luma folder. And I updated luma a couple months ago but haven't checked for a more recent version since then.

Years
  • Hello again o/ So, I would like to share a possible buff I came up with to Abomasnow, its Mega to be precise. It just changing it's ability to Thick Fat. That way Snow Warning won't prock twice BUT until it goes mega it has it and when it finally decides to mega, he becomes tankier. Another option would be Filter if you want to make it even MORE bulkier... still, this is just a suggestion, feel free to use it or not >u<

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello again o/ So, I would like to share a possible buff I came up with to Abomasnow, its Mega to be precise. It just changing it's ability to Thick Fat. That way Snow Warning won't prock twice BUT until it goes mega it has it and when it finally decides to mega, he becomes tankier. Another option would be Filter if you want to make it even MORE bulkier... still, this is just a suggestion, feel free to use it or not >u<
    I'd probably go with Filter over Thick Fat just because it's a tree monster, so I'm not sure Thick Fat fits it too well. With that typing and speed it may be better off with something more offensive like Slush Rush, poor thing has so many weaknesses.

Years
  • Oh! Slush Rush would be a cool (no pun intended) idea! The reasoning I had for Thick Fat made a lot more sense in my head, but now that you reminded me that it's a tree monster, it just doesn't work anymore xD But yeah, Filter would be the tankish option while Slush Rush would be the glass cannon route. Which ever works best, though, at the end of the day is up to you if you wanna implement that in the hack or not >u< Also, thanks for replying so quickly ^-^

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hello again o/ So, I would like to share a possible buff I came up with to Abomasnow, its Mega to be precise. It just changing it's ability to Thick Fat. That way Snow Warning won't prock twice BUT until it goes mega it has it and when it finally decides to mega, he becomes tankier. Another option would be Filter if you want to make it even MORE bulkier... still, this is just a suggestion, feel free to use it or not >u<
    Not sure if this is a good idea, as being unable to set hail and Aurora Veil multiple times per battle without having to sacrifice bulk and offensive power is a big nerf. Perhaps it would work if some of normal Abomasnow's stats were relocated into defences, though.
    On an unrelated note, give normal Abomasnow Snow Cloak:
    HGSS Pokédex Entry said:
    It lives a quiet life on mountains that are perpetually covered in snow. It hides itself by whipping up blizzards.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2021
    Hello! I just came across this mod while getting the pokemon itch, and it looks fantastic. I had been trying out a few fangames, but the limitations of RPGmaker were really showing, so romhacks seem like a great solution. I really liked Sun and Moon when it came out, so I think I'll be super into this!

I have a question though - are you done with updates to the mod? Don't get me wrong, it's already extensive. There's just still a lot of pokemon that I'd love to see changes for (particularly typing!) and it'd be awesome to know you were still implementing ideas as you thought of them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Not sure if this is a good idea, as being unable to set hail and Aurora Veil multiple times per battle without having to sacrifice bulk and offensive power is a big nerf. Perhaps it would work if some of normal Abomasnow's stats were relocated into defences, though.
    On an unrelated note, give normal Abomasnow Snow Cloak:
    That's a good point, without perma weather it does lose a few options if Snow Warning is removed. Snow Cloak works, could add it as a second ability.
    Hello! I just came across this mod while getting the pokemon itch, and it looks fantastic. I had been trying out a few fangames, but the limitations of RPGmaker were really showing, so romhacks seem like a great solution. I really liked Sun and Moon when it came out, so I think I'll be super into this!

I have a question though - are you done with updates to the mod? Don't get me wrong, it's already extensive. There's just still a lot of pokemon that I'd love to see changes for (particularly typing!) and it'd be awesome to know you were still implementing ideas as you thought of them.
    Hey, thanks!
    I'm not updating the mod at the moment as I'm working on another one, but once it's done I'll be doing at least one more update for this one. I'm always open to suggestions for Pokemon changes, but I'm a bit picky when it comes to type changes; I want to make sure they make some sense and also don't want to go overboard with them as they're a big change.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2021
    That's a good point, without perma weather it does lose a few options if Snow Warning is removed. Snow Cloak works, could add it as a second ability.

Hey, thanks!
    I'm not updating the mod at the moment as I'm working on another one, but once it's done I'll be doing at least one more update for this one. I'm always open to suggestions for Pokemon changes, but I'm a bit picky when it comes to type changes; I want to make sure they make some sense and also don't want to go overboard with them as they're a big change.

Good to hear! I won't sit down and write a long list, but I'll just offer a few of my thoughts. I definitely agree that they are big changes and should be done with care - but because they're so big, it also means they have disproportionately high positive impact too, so it can be a great way to make an underappreciated pokemon more interesting and thematic.

I'd love for every starter to at least be dual-typed by final evolution. Starters are obviously super important pokemon to the player, and this both makes them a little cooler as well as gives them new strategic strengths and weaknesses. I love the dual-typing you added in (fairy meganium is really cool in particular!), but I'd want to see more. Water/Steel Blastoise is obviously a popular suggestion, and makes perfect sense with his literal metal cannons. I was surprised to see Meganium and Typhlosion get cool duals, but not Feraligatr? He seems like a super straightforward Water/Dark. Maybe even something funky like Water/Normal!

For others, I just would love to see more variety. Fairy types added to more (Cherubim isn't grass/fairy? cmon, it's a cherub!). More use of dual normal-typing on various pokemon, especially pokemon that are based heavily on normal animals, like what you did for Politoed and Kricketune ( I honestly would have liked to see Beartic be Ice/Normal instead of fighting for this reason).

In general, I'd love to see more mixes of primary and secondary typing. Giving Banette normal secondary was super interesting to see! Stuff that mixes it up is super cool, even if it has little real implication on gameplay.

Finally, some current typings were always a little wonky. Flygon always felt like it should have been Bug/Dragon. It was an insect that left the ground! Or Masquerain losing it's water typing, which used to break my heart (though now there are a few bug/water mixes so it's less tragic).

Honestly, if I were making me own rom-hack, I'd take it as far as having very few mono-types and reserve that only for pokemon that absolutely embody one type and one type alone (such as the Regi legendaries). I obviously don't expect anyone else to take it quite that far, but I do think it's a great tool to utilize and would love to see it expanded.

PS: Love your work on base-stats too. Nothing is sadder about Pokemon to me than having your favorite pokemon become worse and worse as the game goes on because they have gimped base-stats. Keep up the awesome work, and I'm looking forward to your next mod!

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Hey, thanks!

I absolutely agree with refusing to make too much type changes. That reminds me a hack that changed Empoleon to "Water/Ice" and Blastoise to "Water/Steel" for no reason. After, idk, 10 battles, I modified myself the hack to reverse those stupid changes. I don't which one was worse lmao (Also Ninetails Fire/Ghost urgh)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Good to hear! I won't sit down and write a long list, but I'll just offer a few of my thoughts. I definitely agree that they are big changes and should be done with care - but because they're so big, it also means they have disproportionately high positive impact too, so it can be a great way to make an underappreciated pokemon more interesting and thematic.

I'd love for every starter to at least be dual-typed by final evolution. Starters are obviously super important pokemon to the player, and this both makes them a little cooler as well as gives them new strategic strengths and weaknesses. I love the dual-typing you added in (fairy meganium is really cool in particular!), but I'd want to see more. Water/Steel Blastoise is obviously a popular suggestion, and makes perfect sense with his literal metal cannons. I was surprised to see Meganium and Typhlosion get cool duals, but not Feraligatr? He seems like a super straightforward Water/Dark. Maybe even something funky like Water/Normal!

For others, I just would love to see more variety. Fairy types added to more (Cherubim isn't grass/fairy? cmon, it's a cherub!). More use of dual normal-typing on various pokemon, especially pokemon that are based heavily on normal animals, like what you did for Politoed and Kricketune ( I honestly would have liked to see Beartic be Ice/Normal instead of fighting for this reason).

In general, I'd love to see more mixes of primary and secondary typing. Giving Banette normal secondary was super interesting to see! Stuff that mixes it up is super cool, even if it has little real implication on gameplay.

Finally, some current typings were always a little wonky. Flygon always felt like it should have been Bug/Dragon. It was an insect that left the ground! Or Masquerain losing it's water typing, which used to break my heart (though now there are a few bug/water mixes so it's less tragic).

Honestly, if I were making me own rom-hack, I'd take it as far as having very few mono-types and reserve that only for pokemon that absolutely embody one type and one type alone (such as the Regi legendaries). I obviously don't expect anyone else to take it quite that far, but I do think it's a great tool to utilize and would love to see it expanded.

PS: Love your work on base-stats too. Nothing is sadder about Pokemon to me than having your favorite pokemon become worse and worse as the game goes on because they have gimped base-stats. Keep up the awesome work, and I'm looking forward to your next mod!
    I suppose that is a little unfair to Feraligatr haha, but mono water is a good typing and dark adds a few nasty weaknesses (though it does fit). I'll definitely consider it; might try it out in one of Dray's hacks and see how it goes. Come to think of it Blastoise is the only other mono-type starter in the hack at this point, and a few if a bits of metal were good enough to make Lucario a steel type, why not Blastoise? Maybe I'll do a poll on those two at some point.

Grass/Fairy Cherubi would be interesting (makes sense too), and it'd be different from the other Grass/Fairy mons by being a physical attacker. Normal typing's pretty easy to give to any animal Pokemon, but I do want to be careful that it actually improves them.

Bug/Dragon Flygon is a tricky one; it fits and it's a unique typing, but it's also a bit of a downgrade from Ground/Dragon. Completely agreed on Masquerain, if not for the new Bug/Waters I would've given it that typing.
    And thanks! Hopefully the next mod won't be too far away, but I did think it'd be done last year so who knows 😅.

I absolutely agree with refusing to make too much type changes. That reminds me a hack that changed Empoleon to "Water/Ice" and Blastoise to "Water/Steel" for no reason. After, idk, 10 battles, I modified myself the hack to reverse those stupid changes. I don't which one was worse lmao (Also Ninetails Fire/Ghost urgh)
    I think I've played that one (a Platinum hack IIRC?), that was an interesting change to Empoleon. Defensively it's a huge nerf, but it also got Swift Swim which was really good offensively (it was almost broken). But yeah, I prefer it with Steel typing too. I can see the reasoning for Blastoise and Ninetales; Ghost Ninetales is less of a stretch than this hack's Grass/Fire Sunflora I think haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2021
    Great to hear!

Keep in mind that sometimes changing/adding types doesn't have to be a strength upgrade. Power neutral, thematic changes are awesome, and sometimes adding typings that increase weaknesses are useful. This mod's Typhlosion is double-weak to water now, for instance, which is definitely a rough change even if it gets access to STAB ground attacks and electric immunity. I wouldn't mind Flygon getting a bit of a nerf in order to feel more thematic. This isn't a Smogon-approved competitive battling simulator, after all. :P

Back