• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
  • What makes you think they'll be unfinished?
    What unfinished promises besides the demo?
    No no not at all! I am a big fan, and yes I played the demo and It is awesome, I just shared my disappointment when your favorite hacks get abandoned, I taught you'll be taking it as a factor of motivation.

P.S. I am saying it again, "with all my respect"

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • The problem you guys only accept floury comments, but you don't accept those kind of critics... I've been always respecting pc members, especially hack makers who make us beautiful games... but my comment is a fact to make the publisher aware of his "FANS" thinking.
    You need to learn how to accept peoples opinions and comments, I don't look at the "active/posting" thingy, but the "results"...
    I believe that the hacker understands what I mean by that, there is nothing to be upset about, after all, this was my comment as fan toward the maker.

with all my respects to you all, including the likers...

I don't see how demanding me to close my thread because other hacks go unfinished is an opinion, so no, I don't understand what you mean by that

No no not at all! I am a big fan, and yes I played the demo and It is awesome, I just shared my disappointment when your favorite hacks get abandoned, I taught you'll be taking it as a factor of motivation.

P.S. I am saying it again, "with all my respect"

Telling me the past 5 years of hard work might be abandoned is like telling me the world will end tomorrow.
    It also doesn't give me motivation, it just makes me confused as I type replies

Years
  • I don't see how demanding me to close my thread because other hacks go unfinished is an opinion, so no, I don't understand what you mean by that

Telling me the past 5 years of hard work might be abandoned is like telling me the world will end tomorrow.
    It also doesn't give me motivation, it just makes me confused as I type replies

I believe that he's trying to tell you that he hopes that you don't abandon this hack just like the majority of the hacks that Rom hackers tends to abandon on mid way.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I don't see how demanding me to close my thread because other hacks go unfinished is an opinion, so no, I don't understand what you mean by that

He didn't ask you to close your thread. Stop being a drama queen and putting words in his mouth. That was just painful to read, it's clear he intends to say that "all promising hacks seem to go unfinished", thereby actually complementing your hack while simultaneously feeling sad in the (what he sees as inevitable) event PRPB isn't completed. Sure it wasn't phrased in the most clear way, but it's not exactly as insulting as you took it. I can sympathize with your confusion, but not with your habit of rewording what someone said into a negative suggestion. You always seem to do that, but that's another topic for another time.

mfw after 5 years of hard work and you're still not done the first major city. It's not like you had to come up with an original story or new designs, since the first version is a remake. So at the rate you're going it'd take another 80-90 years before this will actually have a 5 gym alpha, realistically speaking. I'm omitting impossible to implement features like the 4 story map layering, poffin mixing, dual screen cutscenes, 3D rendering, and all the other good jazz. I think it's important for you to not deny that this is an impossible feat to complete at your skill level in your life time and rather try to simplify the game. Pokemon Platinum on the GBA was not going to be faithful from the start. Your 5 years will go to waste if you decide to keep trying to chase this unobtainable dream of Pokemon Platinum which the hardware won't even allow. Gamefreak made the game on a much newer console using a team of expert staff. A remake of the game on the GBA is not going to be possible for young gogo, instead I'd say pool your efforts into doing a demake of your own design. Outside the maps, plot and general design, you'll need to throw away features and scenes to make this a feasible project to do in the time you have.

That's not my only problem with this project to be honest. I think the graphics look incredibly low quality because you've needed to commit yourself to that 240 colors for the entire map. Also the lack of outlines on the tiles are quite ugly in my opinion. I reeaalllyyy don't think 1 : 1 DS ripped tiles, with no outlines and no touching up looks good on the GBA. Without the 3D rendering and original color scheme they look incredibly cartoonish and undesirable to look at. This is my opinion on the graphics.

1) SImplify the depth of your goals into something do-able
    2) Don't hate on Caramel-o, I think he means well. Me on the other hand...
    3) This isn't going to be done unless you pick up the pace, or vastly simplify it, which I suggest
    4) Please. Don't use exact platinum tile rips, fan made ones look better on the GBA.

Also it'd make sense if you updated the screenshots on the first post, as those are no longer valid and are from back when this hack as on FireRed.

I realize that this post contains some really harsh criticisms and honestly may anger you quite a bit. But I think it's all things you need to read, understand and accept if you're going forward with this hack taking on the intention to release a finished hack one day. Don't take this for hate speech most of it's genuine criticism. Good luck on your endeavors and I hope for you and your fans that you make a smart decisions regarding this hack in the future.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • He didn't ask you to close your thread. Stop being a drama queen and putting words in his mouth. That was just painful to read, it's clear he intends to say that "all promising hacks seem to go unfinished", thereby actually complementing your hack while simultaneously feeling sad in the (what he sees as inevitable) event PRPB isn't completed. Sure it wasn't phrased in the most clear way, but it's not exactly as insulting as you took it. I can sympathize with your confusion, but not with your habit of rewording what someone said into a negative suggestion. You always seem to do that, but that's another topic for another time.

mfw after 5 years of hard work and you're still not done the first major city. It's not like you had to come up with an original story or new designs, since the first version is a remake. So at the rate you're going it'd take another 80-90 years before this will actually have a 5 gym alpha, realistically speaking. I'm omitting impossible to implement features like the 4 story map layering, poffin mixing, dual screen cutscenes, 3D rendering, and all the other good jazz. I think it's important for you to not deny that this is an impossible feat to complete at your skill level in your life time and rather try to simplify the game. Pokemon Platinum on the GBA was not going to be faithful from the start. Your 5 years will go to waste if you decide to keep trying to chase this unobtainable dream of Pokemon Platinum which the hardware won't even allow. Gamefreak made the game on a much newer console using a team of expert staff. A remake of the game on the GBA is not going to be possible for young gogo, instead I'd say pool your efforts into doing a demake of your own design. Outside the maps, plot and general design, you'll need to throw away features and scenes to make this a feasible project to do in the time you have.

That's not my only problem with this project to be honest. I think the graphics look incredibly low quality because you've needed to commit yourself to that 240 colors for the entire map. Also the lack of outlines on the tiles are quite ugly in my opinion. I reeaalllyyy don't think 1 : 1 DS ripped tiles, with no outlines and no touching up looks good on the GBA. Without the 3D rendering and original color scheme they look incredibly cartoonish and undesirable to look at. This is my opinion on the graphics.

3) This isn't going to be done unless you pick up the pace, or vastly simplify it, which I suggest
    4) Please. Don't use exact platinum tile rips, fan made ones look better on the GBA.

Also it'd make sense if you updated the screenshots on the first post, as those are no longer valid and are from back when this hack as on FireRed.

I realize that this post contains some really harsh criticisms and honestly may anger you quite a bit. But I think it's all things you need to read, understand and accept if you're going forward with this hack taking on the intention to release a finished hack one day. Don't take this for hate speech most of it's genuine criticism. Good luck on your endeavors and I hope for you and your fans that you make a smart decisions regarding this hack in the future.

Ouch... The truth hurts. You just told a 17 year old that her dreams won't come true.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    whoah, that was intense
    just focus on the story and cities and finish your game and have a beer or something

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • An unedited post

He didn't ask you to close your thread. Stop being a drama queen and putting words in his mouth. That was just painful to read, it's clear he intends to say that "all promising hacks seem to go unfinished", thereby actually complementing your hack while simultaneously feeling sad in the (what he sees as inevitable) event PRPB isn't completed. Sure it wasn't phrased in the most clear way, but it's not exactly as insulting as you took it. I can sympathize with your confusion, but not with your habit of rewording what someone said into a negative suggestion. You always seem to do that, but that's another topic for another time.

1: http://i.snag.gy/psdq5.jpg looks like someone edited their post :3
    2:
    Well what you say on needing to create new Pokémon and stuff is correct, however, I work on Platinum Blue as well, and that's all a new story and setting. So yes, I do.

What's wrong with using one screen for cutscenes?

Four-layered maps? Sure, no problem. Can't wait to prove myself, yet again! :)
    Distortion world, same thing

What's impossible about mixing poffins? :o

Do I need to render things in 3D? Or was that just for drama? I don't understand what the point of bringing up 3D was.
    Again, just wait for me.

Also, I respect your opinion on the graphical side, however, I'm not going to change it.

Have a nice day, everyone!

EDIT: OH MY GOSH YOU CAN SEE THAT I EDITED THIS POST ISNT TECHNOLOGY SO AMAZING?!?!
    I believe I handled this in a ~mature~ manner, wouldn't you? ;)

Last edited:

Del

Years
  • I believe that he's trying to tell you that he hopes that you don't abandon this hack just like the majority of the hacks that Rom hackers tends to abandon on mid way.
    YES YES YES EXACTLY!! Thank you!! (: (y)

He didn't ask you to close your thread...
    "all promising hacks seem to go unfinished"...

... 5 years of hard work and you're still not done the first major city. It's not like you had to come up with an original story or new designs, since the first version is a remake...
    (..and other remarks hit the spot.)

Your critics were more clearer than mine by 200%, of course we do respect his hard work for 5 years, but what you said is so true. I hope He won't get our reviews negatively...

Ouch... The truth hurts. You just told a 17 year old that her dreams won't come true.
    Lol, what? by the way Crizzle, as always I am applauding for your fascinating works! outlaw was amazing, are you going to make an 18+ new story again? hahaha

whoah, that was intense
    just focus on the story and cities and finish your game and have a beer or something
    I wish so!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • YES YES YES EXACTLY!! Thank you!! (: (y)

Your critics were more clearer than mine by 200%, of course we do respect his hard work for 5 years, but what you said is so true. I hope He won't get our reviews negatively...

Lol, what? by the way Crizzle, as always I am applauding for your fascinating works! outlaw was amazing, are you going to make an 18+ new story again? hahaha

I wish so!

Ugh, there was no point in saying anything.
    Just let me finish at my own pace, please :L

Del

Years
  • Well GoGo I didn't taught this will became like this, your replies are aggressive anyways all I wanna going to say is good luck with your hack, and thanks for the comments above especially FBI (I should call you "Ice Cube" from now on) for making it so clear and corrected me.

Peace!

the reason i edited "closed thread" because i didn't notice the last activity, i think this is why there is an "edit" button... to correct things, please don't take it deep.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Since these hacks will never be finished, this update is pointless:
    http://gogojjtech.com/platinum-red-and-blue/extras/sinnoh

Everything you see here except for Eterna, Solaceon, and Route 215 have been remapped for the Emerald version. I'm sick, so I'm working slower than usual, but I wanted to at least mention what I'm doing so it doesn't seem like I'm sitting around eating pretzels all week. (Even though I have every right to do that if I wished)

Also, happy Easter everyone! :)

EDIT: OH MY GOSH YOU CAN SEE THAT I EDITED THIS POST ISNT TECHNOLOGY SO AMAZING?!?!

We might be nearing a release on April, approximately ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    1: FireRed is the worst game to ever exist
    2: FireRed is nothing like games past Pokémon Red
    3: FireRed is terrible
    4: Why not?
    5: FireRed is torturous to my everything

Five very good reasons

Well, seems reasonable.

Good luck.

Years
  • Since these hacks will never be finished, this update is pointless:
    http://gogojjtech.com/platinum-red-and-blue/extras/sinnoh

Everything you see here except for Eterna, Solaceon, and Route 215 have been remapped for the Emerald version. I'm sick, so I'm working slower than usual, but I wanted to at least mention what I'm doing so it doesn't seem like I'm sitting around eating pretzels all week. (Even though I have every right to do that if I wished)

Also, happy Easter everyone! :)

We might be nearing a release on April, approximately ;)

Ohh. Just got back.. Hope you still finish this hack. Still hoping. Hope you find your peace at Emerald c:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back