• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon: Platinum Version - speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnheln

A Metapod killed my family...
Years
  • I know I am feeding off of old posts, but here goes:

• I think that the 59 new Pokemon are indeed the 4th generation Pokes not put into the Sinnoh Dex in D/P (ie Heatran, Yanmega, Electivire, etc) and their evos. The 59th (from staring at the silhouettes for a long time...such a waste of time) Pokemon are/is probably new forms of Rotom (the electrical appearance of all the silhouettes, ie thunderbolt-like arms, an antenna, clamps, plugs, magnets, etc).
    • If Platinum does follow the fashion of Emerald, Cynthia will not be the new champion. It will be Volkner if Platinum follows that fashion (Wallace became champion in Emerald; Wallace was the 8th Gym Leader in Ruby/Sapphire)
    • Dialga and Palkia will both be catchable in Platinum if it follows the fashion of Emerald.
    • I think Arceus will still be an event Pokemon, but I believe that the event for Arceus will be released soon after the release of Platinum in the regions where it hasn't been released yet.
    • I believe that Shaymin will be catchable in Platinum. It's a rough assumption that I have no proof on. I'm just making a guess.
    These are assumptions I am making. I know that other people have said it, but I wanted to put it i my own words.

this man knows what hes talking about yo, listen to his words of ultimate wisdom

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    now when is the new info coming out? i love the new Poketch gear, pretty sleek. i like the two buttons as well.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Um, information is leaked every once in a while. Platinum is scheduled to come out in 4 days in Japan, so we'll pretty much have everything there is to know about Platinum by then.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    oh, okay. geez, lucky japan...
    okay, cant wait to hear all the info about it when it comes out.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • I got some inf ofrom the new platnium mini site herehttp://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/cpuj/index.html
    I used this really good translator to read the webpage.I got some good news about platnium,even though it won't be announced in america for a while.:)
    I look foward to getting the game.I can't wait to use shaymin(a.k.a.,the best legendary pokemon ever)in his awsome new sky forme.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • keke that battle recorder sounds fun even though i'm plenty sure that it won't change the dead wifi battling community.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well as we all know giratina is number 210 but dialga and plakia have same old 149 150. strange or what? And the proof is here
    149oq9.png

Legends in the middle of the dex? Now thats something you dont see every day now is it!
    Edit importante thnx to coronis!
    He got the game 3 days earlier! And im getting it tomorrow no matter what serebiiforums think. Anyweh I got news for all. The title screen giratina is epic
    GiratinaScreen.jpg

And that rotom box thing is in fact a frikin fridge. Yes a fridge. Im laughing all the way to the shop tomorrow thats for sure
    Info on the rotom frost form
    Rotom Forme - Frost Forme Revealed Exclusive
    Coronis has got his hands on Pokémon Platinum and so our coverage is beginning. In the game, there's a leaflet containing information regarding the new Pokémon forms. It confirms that they are Rotom as many predicted. The leaflet only reveals the first form, with others to come shortly when we extract data from the game. All the forms are accessible through the Secret Key after Rotom is captured at the Old Chateau and the formes it changes Rotom to depends on where you use the item. This form is called the Frost Forme. It is capable of knowing Blizzard. We'll bring you more info on this as and when it comes

And here you all are the rotom fridge! i think all hope is lost.
    rotomfrostforme.jpg

Nah kiddin that think is nice! But if the rotom is female..oh um nothing im not even goin there as this is a nice friendly site to kids.
    Epic! Now the one with a tail is confirmed to be the oh so cool washying machine rotom!
    viploaderf137322.jpg

And that platinum cartridge is sweet! Oh and they might be ghost/water and ghost/ice to match the appliance. And the toaster looking one oh i hope it it cause then a fire toaster would mean a fire/ghost type pokemon.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yep super lucky. But im gettin it tomorrow so hey whatever. And the typing thing is kinda confirmed. Due to it learning blizzard it might have to be ice type for that to happen so yeah thats kinda cool. But then that would mean it would have to saty that way due to the move so you dont have rotom havng fire ice electric and water all in one moveset.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow, then this leads me to think that the other types are fire and maybe grass for the rotom forms not revealed

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • No the other one that i cant get pic yet is a fan. Not a lightbulb but a fan. And its most likly goin to be flying cause of the airslash move it gets.
    And the dex additions so far as coronis knows:

• [*]Rotom #152
      [*]Gligar #153, Gliscor #154
      [*]Nosepass #155, Probopass #156
      [*]Ralts #157, Kirlia #158, Gardevoir #159, Gallade #160
      [*]Lickitung #161, Lickilicky #162
      [*]Eevee #163, Vaporeon #164Jolteon #165, Flareon #166, Espeon #167, Umbreon #168, Leafeon #169, Glaceon #170
      [*]Togepi #173, Togetic #174, Togekiss #175
      [*]Houndour #176, Houndoom #178
      [*]Tangela #181, Tangrowth #182
      [*]Yanma #183, Yanmega #184
      [*]Rhyhorn #186, Rhydon #187, Rhyperior #188
      [*]Duskull #189, Dusclops #190, Dusknoir #191
      [*]Porygon #192, Porygon2 #193, Porygon-Z #194
      [*]Elekid #197, Electabuzz #198, Electivire #199
      [*]Magby #200, Magmar #201, Magmortar #202
      [*]Swinub #203, Piloswine #204, Mamoswine #205

The mighty flyin rotom people!
      rotomforme3.jpg