• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • After watching the video and reading some of your comments, I believe I may have played an alternate version of your hack somehow o.o? I went through all of the game without realizing Pokemon had abilities like Moxie or Intimidate, rather on that page where it tells you I could see things like "The Pokemon is Proud of it's Power" and what nonsense. Guess I'm going to repatch and replay, not like I mind I love this game

yd5pCaC.png

Edit: So I actually ended up figuring out how to use Github to compile the thing and the thing and re-patched and I still don't see a difference? This time my Cyndaquill is bashful and likes to be silly lol. I'm going to assume based on the font of the text that the person above is playing a more updated version for now! It's 4:20 am and I'm gonna get some shut eye. Good night!
    @papacitoloko111789 In Pok?mon Polished Crystal, Pok?mon have random natures, which were first introduced in Generation III.

Years
  • @Sonic65101 thanks, I know they were introduced but since I got my version of polished crystal from a different site I thought I was playing a different version since I didn't see that they had abilities like blaziken662 had shown in his video. But no the version I have and the version posted on this website are one and the same. I came back to read and I fully understand right now that blaziken662 is playing 3.0 or maybe something higher while I am running 2.2.0.

Years
  • Hi there! I guess I found another ability bug as Weak Armor didn't increase the Speed of a target Omastar after dealing contact damage, however the Defense drop was applied properly.

Best regards!

Last edited:

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • A build I made at 10:43 AM Central Time on September 19, 2017, has some item names swapped. Oran Berries are Persim Berries and Mulch is Sweet Honey. However, descriptions and effects are correct.
    EDIT: Also, Jesse's name is misspelled as Jessie in the song title in the Music Player for the unique battle music from Pokémon Yellow Version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    First of all, an amazing hack. Really. Tons of work and new content I've had no idea could be ever added to the oldschool games

Question, were there any/are there gonna be changes to Poke'mon's stats? i.e. make Poke'mon who are weak such as Pidgeot, Butterfree etc. stronger and thus actually viable at the party?

Thanks in adavance

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Will the Weakness Policy error be fixed? In a given battle, I noticed that it only activated for Meganium when Kindgra's Ice Beam froze it.

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Okay, I've came back to playing Polished Crystal 3.0.0 beta and I think I've done pretty much everything that's left to do aside from
    Spoiler:

One thing I haven't figured out is how to make Fuji step out of the staircase in the House of Memories? Is it even possible to do it in this beta? I tried everything and nothing worked.
    (by the way, why did you use that new name from HGSS? It is pure censorship. The original name "Soul House" is much more faithful to the Japanese original [which never did the name change])

Also, is Trainer Fan Club in Saffron unfinished, or I haven't unlocked it somehow?

I found the reference to Westwood's invention of the PokeBall, that's great. Generally, those Pokemon Journals are a nice touch. I also loved
    Spoiler:

One thing I don't like is how the map makes it seem that Navel Rock lies in the same archipelago as Shamouti Island. This contradicts with the canon, where the Navel Rock lies in the Sevii Archipelago, between Four and Five Island. I realize that it was done in order not to create countless maps, but I think it could be done a different way (maybe separated like Faraway Island). Sevii really needs some recognition in the hack. I've found references to Orre and Ranger regions, but not a single one to Sevii, which is a main game region (and I've searched through the Github repository). I know that you're still working on those post-game features, so I hope that things will be more consistent with the canon in future releases.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but it is possible to get permanently stuck in the Tin Tower. The staircase on the lower right-hand corner of 5F just doesn't work. If you step on it, nothing happens and there's no way out. If you have no Escape Ropes, you're screwed.

By the way, I've had a random idea. Maybe it isn't the most useful thing but how about putting a couple of Trainers into Earl's Pokemon Academy, referencing the ones from Stadium 2? Maybe it'd be possible to make the battles somehow similar to the ones from Stadium (i.e. centered around a certain mechanic). I'd also love to hear this theme in the school. It was even used in FRLG (as the "Chansey Dance" music), so I think it's fitting to use it in a non-Hoenn game.

Generally, some Stadium references would be great. One idea I had was Ace Trainer Marty (the final Trainer of the Prime Cup) appearing in the game. He's a very characteristic Trainer because he appeared in both Stadium games, where Prime Cup appears (in Stadium 1 he was unnamed) and in both he used his iconic Mew, nicknamed "Mewstor". To me it made him very memorable and probably the strongest Trainer in the game. The only problem is that I can't think of a good spot for him. Maybe in a Battle Facility?

Those are all my thoughts for this moment. I hope you enjoyed at least some of them.

Last edited:

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I have a question about the Ruins of Alph sidequest:

Spoiler:

@Maxim I got Mr. Fuji to come up just by talking to him. I assume you have an earlier build of the beta.

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • @Maxim I got Mr. Fuji to come up just by talking to him. I assume you have an earlier build of the beta.

Yeah, I have the version that was posted on Skeetendo. It's pretty old, I think.

I have no idea about how Github works and how to make builds. It's all Greek to me. I have no capability for this kind of stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    This game looks really good, however I want to wait until 3.0. Any ETA when it will be released? I read through the past 10 or so pages to no luck. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Any ETA for beta 3? Can't wait to play it since Silver and Gold released for VC on 3DS. I'm hoping there's a way I can play this on my 3DS as well.

I love gen 2!

EDIT: Just saw the creator posted above mine. I think I'll wait for Beta 3! :D

Last edited:

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
    Years
  • Just found time to hop online :)
    RANGI!! I had a goofy 4th wall thought while I was playing.

What if you made it where just for lols as a joke to the player that Lyra actually picks the starter that so happens to be shiny and she uses her shiny starter throughout the entire game?

This does at least three things.
    1)- It aggravates you because it makes you think if you'd of picked what she chose, you've had a shiny instead of her.
    2)- It would allow you to add a bit of "savage" dialogue for Lyra at the beginning adding a little to her character. (Because believe it or not, unlike myself, a LOT of people dislike Lyra in general and are biased because of the weird originality concept thing between Kris & Lyra as characters of differing eras between G/S/C and HG/SS.)

Basically all you'd have to edit text-wise is something like "(player's name)!! If you'd of picked this one you'd of had a shiny pokemon!"

3)- The third thing is if a player actually tried to soft reset for a shiny starter and they obtain one, it would allow for different dialogue after the one above^ such as either "Oh Wow! Your (pokemon's name) is shiny too! How many resets did that take just so you could be like me? Either way, let's have a Pokemon battle..." and etc. etc.

I believe that light 4th wall humor would be a blast for the player to read as long as it was only obtained through a very hard method. But it'd also poke fun at the Lyra dislikers as well.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    May I suggest updating Tackle to the very latest mechanics? I personally never liked 50/35 powered Tackle, and the latest dropped it to thensame as Pound and Scratch.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Any ETA for beta 3? Can't wait to play it since Silver and Gold released for VC on 3DS. I'm hoping there's a way I can play this on my 3DS as well.

I love gen 2!

EDIT: Just saw the creator posted above mine. I think I'll wait for Beta 3! :D

Beta 3 is available at Discord. Non-beta release will take some time to finish, but you can play the beta if you want. It may have a few bugs and unfinished content, but none of these is game-breaking.

Back