• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
Years
  • Don't know if intended or not, but I did notice that even though Reed had changed into Felicity at the Goldenrod Radio Tower. When you open up the radio, it still lists Reed's name in the Lucky Number show.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Don't know if intended or not, but I did notice that even though Reed had changed into Felicity at the Goldenrod Radio Tower. When you open up the radio, it still lists Reed's name in the Lucky Number show.

I believe that Felicity is the attendant who checks your IDs and Reed is the DJ/announcer.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Hey is there a glitch with trading? I turned off "traded pokemon treat you as original trainer" and I'm wondering if it went on anyway

I did in game trades (non game to game trading ) of giving up poliwag for voltorb and it said

"Kyle is trading to kyle"

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hey is there a glitch with trading? I turned off "traded pokemon treat you as original trainer" and I'm wondering if it went on anyway

I did in game trades (non game to game trading ) of giving up poliwag for voltorb and it said

"Kyle is trading to kyle"

I can't reproduce this, regardless of which trade or whether "Traded Pok?mon treat you as OT" is on.

npyBvYa.png

Anyway, that setting won't make traded Pok?mon literally list you as OT. The game just treats you as the OT?in other words, trade-specific behaviors like gaining extra experience, disobeying, or having their nickname locked won't happen.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Did you put a block on your game to prevent people from using gameshark/game genie codes? I've been trying to use cheats for Pokemon Crystal, since that's what the game is hacked from but the codes don't effect the game at all.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Did you put a block on your game to prevent people from using gameshark/game genie codes? I've been trying to use cheats for Pokemon Crystal, since that's what the game is hacked from but the codes don't effect the game at all.

Gameshark codes are just forcing a particular byte value (0?255, or hexadecimal $00?$FF) to be at a particular RAM address. Polished Crystal has major new features that change where things are in RAM, so codes for Crystal won't work. Here's a guide to figuring out new codes.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • For those testers who aren't compiling their own ROMs from the source code, I've made a new beta patch. This post stays up-to-date with beta details.

Oh, awesome, thank you!

However, my save from an older build of the beta doesn't seem to be compatible with this version. Is it possible to make it work somehow?

I'm not sure if replaying the entire game to see just a few changes is worth it.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Oh, awesome, thank you!

However, my save from an older build of the beta doesn't seem to be compatible with this version. Is it possible to make it work somehow?

I'm not sure if replaying the entire game to see just a few changes is worth it.

The betas are primarily for testing, not for playing, especially since the new features and bugfixes can inevitably break save files. So if you're just playing for fun, don't bother upgrading; it's not that different.

For example, the latest beta adds Hidden Grottoes, but mostly what it adds is internal support for them?there are only three so far. 3.0 final will have around 20.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Is there other places to get a shiny stone other than the National Park? I have more than one Pokemon that evolves with it.

Years
  • Well it's good to know that the final release will have so many changes in memory that the older build's codes won't work. I probably won't update that list on page 82 anymore until the next official release. I don't mind taking cheat code requests when it is though.

zealot

The King of Fail
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    Are the johto starters still available in Yellow Forest in 3.0? The documentation seems to say otherwise and I haven't seen them while running around in there.

Years
  • I figured I'd share this. So I recently started playing through because I wanted to see what all was different so I decided to record my fight against Bugsy mid-fight. I gotta admit though, after this I'm keeping this mon with me for the rest of the game lol.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I absolutely love the work you've put into this. You're really making it so there's absolutely no real reason to go back to the original Crystal version with each update you put out.
    The sheer amount of quality life features alone make this worth playing, but holy crap you added so many cool things to make this stand out.

also when are we playing more CAH?

Years
  • Do they work for 3.0+ betas? tried some without any luck, using vba-m btw.

Unfortunately those codes are for the last official release, V2.2.0. I went ahead and made some. Here you go! Version used: Beta 3.0.0 Patch: 70D16E1

Spoiler:

Last edited:

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Unfortunately those codes are for the last official release, V2.2.0. I went ahead and made some. Here you go! Version used: Beta 3.0.0 Patch: 70D16E1

Spoiler:
    Thanks a bunch, are there also any item/money related ones?

Back