• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Hi I have been playing the game and I was wondering how the RTC works because everytime I start the game the clock resets. By the way, I am playing the game in lemuroid.

Fastest Slowpoke

Top % Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Hi I have been playing the game and I was wondering how the RTC works because everytime I start the game the clock resets. By the way, I am playing the game in lemuroid.

Lemuroid using gambatte core and their implementation has some issues I belive, I also experienced similar issues. If you try to transfer a save file from your pc it'll not see it and force you to start a new game. It works like a charm for gba games tho. I recommend staying away from Lemuroid if you are only playing gbc games.

Years
  • Is there any way to change the Pokemon natures in the game? I got a few Pokemon I wanted via wonder trade, but their natures make them completely unusable. Please lmk, thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there any way to change the Pokemon natures in the game? I got a few Pokemon I wanted via wonder trade, but their natures make them completely unusable. Please lmk, thanks!

You can't change natures as far as I know. Best way to deal with that is to just disable Natures entirely when you configure settings at the beginning of the game (that's what I did, and turned on perfect IVs as well), especially if you want to use Wonder Trade.

Years
  • You can't change natures as far as I know. Best way to deal with that is to just disable Natures entirely when you configure settings at the beginning of the game (that's what I did, and turned on perfect IVs as well), especially if you want to use Wonder Trade.
    Is there a way to change this setting after I have already started a game? Don't want to restart my save after getting 8 hours in already....

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there a way to change this setting after I have already started a game? Don't want to restart my save after getting 8 hours in already....

Nope. You should probably restart and configure all the IVs, Natures and stuff carefully, it might sound annoying now but it will save you a lot of trouble later if you don't want RNG shenanigans hindering the experience. I played over 70 hours in this game (played up to 16 badges + E4 Rematch) so it's a very long game, better restart while you're still not too far into it.

Years
  • No, there actually is a way to fix this, press LEFT + B at the title screen, and you can reset all the initial options. I turned off natures, but left abilities on. I turned off Exp Scaling as well and turned on perfect stats. Wow, what a difference it makes. The game is so much more playable now. And yes, all my previous Pokemon now have their stats adjusted based off perfect IVs and without having to worry about natures I can actually enjoy playing the game much more and not waste time trying to catch a perfect mon. I forgot how much I dislike natures from Gen III onwards.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2023
    This hack is great!

Would there be any way to get a patch that changes *only* the pc system to the new version, without any of the other changes? I kinda wanna try replaying vanilla crystal again but the pc system is so bad I'm not really willing to without the version included in this hack x.x

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Any plans to make resetting the clock less excruciating? Like how Patched Crystal just requires pushing Down + B to reset the clock?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, so i am playing the nightly beta, and I caught myself a flying Pikachu in Yellow forest. Will my flying Pikachu get the light ball boost like a normal Pikachu does? Furthermore, does Flying Pikachu have different stats from a regular Pikachu? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    I've finally found a rom hack for pokemon crystal and this rom hack is amazing thank you. Tho, I am curious as to why you removed skiploom line and other pokemon (justice for my mons skiploom ✊️😤)

Years
    • Seen today
    I am curious as to why you removed skiploom line and other pokemon (justice for my mons skiploom ✊️😤)

Gen 2 games have a limit in the amount of Pokémon they can have, which seems to be 253 because that's the exact same amount Pokémon Prism has, apparently no released rom hack was able to change that so far. So to make room for Gen 4 evos some Gen 1 & 2 Pokémon had to be cut. No idea why they removed Aipom and Lickitung though.

Same goes for moves, some underused or redundant ones were removed to make room for newer stuff.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    My only question rn is can you get the starters as shinies? I recently downloaded the 3.0 beta and I want to do a shiny nuzlock but first I want to know if I can get any of the starters shiny or am I soft resetting for nothing?

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    I understand that Sylveon is in the game and with it, the Fairy type, but I feel that clashes a lot with Crystal's feel and balance. How possible would it be for Fairy type to NOT be in the Faithful version of the hack?
    I love Polished Crystal a lot and think it's almost the perfect Crystal hack among all. The ONLY thing I'd add to the current version of 2.2.0 would be 3.0's box system. With that I'd consider 2.0 done and perfect, I hope that isn't too hard to implement.

Cheers to the team!

Days
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    So I'm a little bit confused right now.. I'm playing the 2.2.0 Version on my EZ Flash Omega after patching it to Pokémon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc.
    My Pokemon have Natures but no abilities? Also there are no options at the start screen to change that, just the "normal" options:

https://i.ibb.co/5cTZghY/IMG-1754.jpg

What did I do wrong?

Days
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Is there any way to get rare candies into nuzlocke or minimize grinding besides xp share?

Back