• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    I don't have a GitHub account, so I'll post this bug here. I compiled the latest version of Polished Crystal and I noticed squirtle's pallette is a little... tan.
    I'd post a picture but I haven't made enough posts. It's tan in the Pokedex and in battle as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Route 34, Breeder Julie keeps initiating battle after area has reset

Last edited:

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Breeder automatic rematching has been removed in the more recent commits due to the countless amount of bug reports about it.

Perhaps it'll come back later in a different form. But yes, if you are on a version with this -- it is not a bug.

Cfcboy1988 27

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020
    Is there a new version of polished crystal as some 1 said it was on discord but I think it was the test version 3

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    There is a recently updated beta, see the Discord for details.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It's been a while since I've posted an update here. However, Polished Crystal 3.0 is steadily progressing; all the activity has just been on the Discord. You can also read the commit log to see every single update.

There's now a nightly beta release that gets automatically built after every commit. It can corrupt or break save files, so if you're playing for fun and are happy with the beta you're on, you may as well stick with it.

Some highlights of the recent updates:

• Shuckle is back! Plus it gets Shell Smash and can turn (Oran) Berries into Berry Juice. =)
    • The Gen 4 physical/special split is optional; along with Gen 3 natures and abilities, and Gen 5 scaled experience, you can basically pick which generation you want to play.
    • You can use a Ball on one of your party Pokémon to store it in that Ball instead. This is visible on the stats screen.
    • Magnet Tunnel is still closed, but you can evolve Magneton into Magnezone in Rock Tunnel for now.
    • Itemfinder works more like RSE, turning you towards the item and beeping more if it's close.
    • Stats going up or down have color-coded animations.
    • Some changes based on Sword/Shield: moveset updates, new items (not all available in-game), Rare Candy can evolve level 100 Pokémon, etc.
    • Lots of bugfixes, optimizations, and text and graphics improvements.

LTAUiyy.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Spoiler:
    Was this item discovered by anyone else, because I just couldn't do it. This was for the edition of Polished Crystal before abilities were added in.

I'm really curious what the waterfall in Ecruteak does, in that small pond at the top of the map. Answer in a spoiler in case it's for something really cool.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • It's been a while since I've posted an update here. However, Polished Crystal 3.0 is steadily progressing; all the activity has just been on the Discord. You can also read the commit log to see every single update.

There's now a nightly beta release that gets automatically built after every commit. It can corrupt or break save files, so if you're playing for fun and are happy with the beta you're on, you may as well stick with it.

Some highlights of the recent updates:

• Shuckle is back! Plus it gets Shell Smash and can turn (Oran) Berries into Berry Juice. =)
    • The Gen 4 physical/special split is optional; along with Gen 3 natures and abilities, and Gen 5 scaled experience, you can basically pick which generation you want to play.
    • You can use a Ball on one of your party Pokémon to store it in that Ball instead. This is visible on the stats screen.
    • Magnet Tunnel is still closed, but you can evolve Magneton into Magnezone in Rock Tunnel for now.
    • Itemfinder works more like RSE, turning you towards the item and beeping more if it's close.
    • Stats going up or down have color-coded animations.
    • Some changes based on Sword/Shield: moveset updates, new items (not all available in-game), Rare Candy can evolve level 100 Pokémon, etc.
    • Lots of bugfixes, optimizations, and text and graphics improvements.

LTAUiyy.png

This is great news! I've actually been playing the nightly buld and I'm absolutely digging the 60fps feature. Also, I've noticed that the levels have been dropped, reducing the doffou like level. If I turn on the EXP scaling feature, will it make the opponent's Pokémon level on par with mine? Thank you!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Polished Crystal has had item icons in the Bag for a long time; now it uses those icons in battle too.

1mZ4zyq.png

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    This hack would be the perfect version, without the new pokemons, you could make a vanilla 'pokemon' only... this and red++ would be the perfect one without new pokes.. =(

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    This hack would be the perfect version, without the new pokemons, you could make a vanilla 'pokemon' only... this and red++ would be the perfect one without new pokes.. =(

It's open source, so feel free to replace your team's Sylveon with Igglybuff, or Mismagius with Delibird. :P

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Weather notifications every turn are slow, so they've been replaced by modern weather icons:

6bJOFz1.png

Also, Apricorn and Berry trees show their colored fruit:

MbU3jnz.png

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hi Rangi, could you add Elyra's amulet coin as a significant item, separate from the vanilla item. It could be the same item but known to the player as being gifted from Elyra. The text description could be "Acts as Amulet Coin... gifted from Elyra..." - Elyra's Gift Coin, etcetera. It would be nice for new players who got a coin through the radio to not be seen as selling off Elyra's coin like some trinket.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi Rangi, could you add Elyra's amulet coin as a significant item, separate from the vanilla item. It could be the same item but known to the player as being gifted from Elyra. The text description could be "Acts as Amulet Coin... gifted from Elyra..." - Elyra's Gift Coin, etcetera. It would be nice for new players who got a coin through the radio to not be seen as selling off Elyra's coin like some trinket.

It wasn't supposed to be any more significant than, say, the Poké Balls she gives you at the start...

Still, what I can do is make it the only Amulet Coin you get. You only really need one, and can rarely get more from wild Meowth. An Ability Cap(sule) would be a better high-cost prize from Buena; not only can they switch abilities, but either or both parents holding one has a high chance of an Egg with a Hidden Ability.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2020
    Just in case you wanted to hear about bugs from the nightlies:

Downloaded the nightly build on 3/12/20 and encountered a hard game-ending crash when Cyndaquil tried to learn Quick attack. You couldn't learn it, you couldn't NOT learn it. Clicking anything when the prompt came up crashed the game. Occurred while leveling on the route south of Violet (where you find Mareep). Your "please report this..." screen came up on one instance.

Had several in-menu graphical issues (namely on stats page) that would appear intermittently. Not tremendously problematic, nothing was unreadable.

Had bizarre slow-down that resulted in crashes after the game was in rest mode on GameYob (on 3ds using Luma). Restoring from save state or resetting the game did NOT fix the problem. Had to restart software.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    Just in case you wanted to hear about bugs from the nightlies:

Downloaded the nightly build on 3/12/20 and encountered a hard game-ending crash when Cyndaquil tried to learn Quick attack. You couldn't learn it, you couldn't NOT learn it. Clicking anything when the prompt came up crashed the game. Occurred while leveling on the route south of Violet (where you find Mareep). Your "please report this..." screen came up on one instance.

Had several in-menu graphical issues (namely on stats page) that would appear intermittently. Not tremendously problematic, nothing was unreadable.

Had bizarre slow-down that resulted in crashes after the game was in rest mode on GameYob (on 3ds using Luma). Restoring from save state or resetting the game did NOT fix the problem. Had to restart software.

Happened to me last week as well, but just downloaded the latest beta build and those bugs seems to be gone, I haven't had any of them again.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The News Machine in Goldenrod's PokéCom Center has never worked before (after all, there's no mobile news system). Now it has a new purpose: charting your Pokémon's EVs and IVs (or to be less mathematical, effort and potential)!

IGyOD5S.png

To enable it, you'll have to breed at least one Egg, then talk to its engineer.

Back