• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi Rangi, Maybe is a good idea add some place (maybe in Trainer House), i wich we can train lower level pkms, i was training a Larvitar, scither, totodile...few day ago and it was really difficult because practicly when you alredy finish the game the only way to train pkms between Lv 10-40 is with wild pkms (earning low exp) and agains those few pkm breeders. I don't know, maybe if you add a place in wich we can choose battle agains trainer in levels 10, 20 and 30 probably with ramdon teams, and not final evolutions like charizard, Rhyperior...just first and second pkm evolutions according to the Lv that we choose, i think that will be a better way to train our pkm teams :)

Here another idea:
    -Can choose the number of Fresh water, Soda pop and Lemonade that we desire to buy from the machine {:3}

By the way, nice work with Arbok's alternate form...it will be interesting to se more things like that in game ^^

What have the newer generations done to make it easier to train low-level Pokémon? GSC already has the Exp. Share and Day-Care. B/W had random Audino giving lots of experience, so I could make Chansey more common in the Safari Zone. I don't see the advantage of adding more random trainers, versus just battling wild Pokémon.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • What have the newer generations done to make it easier to train low-level Pokémon? GSC already has the Exp. Share and Day-Care. B/W had random Audino giving lots of experience, so I could make Chansey more common in the Safari Zone. I don't see the advantage of adding more random trainers, versus just battling wild Pokémon.

Well, in Pokemon XD - Gale of darkness we have the "Mt.battle", it count with 100 trainer (10 trainers per area)
    Area 1: pkms from Lv 9 to Lv 12
    Area 2: pkms from Lv 12 to Lv 15
    Area 3: pkms from Lv 27 to Lv 29
    Area 4: pkms from Lv 29 to Lv 30
    Area 5: pkms from Lv 41 to Lv 43
    Area 6: pkms from Lv 43 to Lv 45
    Area 7: pkms from Lv 58 to Lv 61 (Fist 5 trainers for Speed EV training and the rest for Sp.Atk Evs)
    Area 8: pkms from Lv 62 to Lv 64 (Fist 5 trainers for Sp.Def EV training and the rest for Atk Evs)
    Area 9: pkms from Lv 63 to Lv 67 (Fist 5 trainers for HP EV training and the rest for Def Evs)
    Area 10: Pkms from Lv 67 to Lv 70

I don't think the Safari zone is the answer, because they are at very high Lv (except for Kanto's starters).

Certainly the Exp. share and Day-care are helpful in this sense, but in my particular opinion i don't like them because i can't really enjoy training the pkms (that fighting they can earn their own exp. points) Maybe I'm the problem haha {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well I just registered to be able to post in this thread, cause the features of this hack are just way too amazing :P

But I think that since you got the running shoes, the bike is a bit useless. Maybe you could add areas that can only be accesed by bike (like in RSE), increase the rate that you get phone calls while riding it (if that's possible) or making eggs take less steps to hatch than normal while riding

Years
  • But I think that since you got the running shoes, the bike is a bit useless. Maybe you could add areas that can only be accesed by bike (like in RSE), increase the rate that you get phone calls while riding it (if that's possible) or making eggs take less steps to hatch than normal while riding

I support this suggestion! :)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Just add a bunch of trainers on the phone for better training? True, the amount of numbers is a bit limited, something 3.0 will address (it extends it to 20 slots).

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Pretty sure the bike is 3x faster than walking in GSC (and running only 2x in Polished Crystal). Not entirely sure though.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • increase the rate that you get phone calls while riding it

Oh god pls no, the annoyance of phone calls while biking through goldenrod to hatch eggs was so annoying, brought back the memories of how much I hated the phone system back in 2001

I support the 3x speed idea

Years
  • The cycling movement is slower than the walking movement (in running form). Increasing the phone calls would be a good thing, only if trainers will call you for rematch, swarm or item reward, because no one cares on how good is Youngster Joey training his Rattata.

Trainer 766

Could also just do what I did in Red++, and make the bike faster than running.

Running and Surfing are 2x faster than walking.
    Biking is 2x faster than running.

This just gave me a tiny headache.

Whatever the case is,if you increase the speed while travelling,will the rate of encounters be affected too?

Years
  • Can you check Trainer teams from Route 45? Some of them have under leveled Pokémon (Lv. 15 - Lv. 30) They must be upper Lv. 35 or so.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    A bit late to the discussion but if there's no limit on EVs wouldnt the competitive battling scene(If/when it is implemented) be insane?

I'd like it that way simply because I like that there's no limit to a pokemon's potential even if it has shitty stats, iv or whatever else that may hinder it. That's one of the primary reason I play gen 2 more than gen 3 cause the latter was kinda limiting my options and making me think of tiers, natures, ivs and evs instead of simply enjoying pokemon for fun.

The competitive scene in Gen 2 was that way, since stat experience basically worked like unlimited EVs. Reportedly stalling tactics were more popular, and OHKO-ing was less common. Anyway, for now I'm not adding an EV limit, but there will be space to add the necessary Berries and held items in case I limit them later to 510. I'm interested to see how that Gen 2 feature combines with the newer ones: natures, better held items, physical/special split, etc.

Just add a bunch of trainers on the phone for better training? True, the amount of numbers is a bit limited, something 3.0 will address (it extends it to 20 slots).

Maybe. I can at least go through the existing ones and make them rematch you sooner and with better teams.

Well I just registered to be able to post in this thread, cause the features of this hack are just way too amazing :P

But I think that since you got the running shoes, the bike is a bit useless. Maybe you could add areas that can only be accesed by bike (like in RSE), increase the rate that you get phone calls while riding it (if that's possible) or making eggs take less steps to hatch than normal while riding

Could also just do what I did in Red++, and make the bike faster than running.

Running and Surfing are 2x faster than walking.
    Biking is 2x faster than running.

Pretty sure the bike is 3x faster than walking in GSC (and running only 2x in Polished Crystal). Not entirely sure though.

The cycling movement is slower than the walking movement (in running form). Increasing the phone calls would be a good thing, only if trainers will call you for rematch, swarm or item reward, because no one cares on how good is Youngster Joey training his Rattata.

Running and bicycling use the exact same code right now, so they're the same speed. GSC's sprite movement engine is different from RBY's. These "StepVectors" define how fast certain movement types are; running and bicycling use the "fast" vectors. The obvious solution of adding another vector set with x&y&speed=8 and duration=2 doesn't work: you end up being able to walk through walls. If a faster bike (3x or 4x walking, with running still at 2x) can be implemented without majorly editing the movement engine, I'll do that.

Can you check Trainer teams from Route 45? Some of them have under leveled Pokémon (Lv. 15 - Lv. 30) They must be upper Lv. 35 or so.

They're all 35–39. You probably mean the trainers on Route 46 below it, who can be fought earlier in the game by exploring Dark Cave.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2021
    Hey Rangi!, Great hack, prolly my favorite gen 2 hack I've played in awhile. Just wondering if there was any way to capture celebi before the elite four? I've tried wonder trade A LOT but still can't seem to get it. There seems to be a pattern when trading certain level pokemon, you seem to get about the same batch pokemon (Ex: Trading a level 5 or 10 bellsprout gets you weak or baby pokemon). I also noticed that the gameshark codes don't work for it either.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Hey Rangi!, Great hack, prolly my favorite gen 2 hack I've played in awhile. Just wondering if there was any way to capture celebi before the elite four? I've tried wonder trade A LOT but still can't seem to get it. There seems to be a pattern when trading certain level pokemon, you seem to get about the same batch pokemon (Ex: Trading a level 5 or 10 bellsprout gets you weak or baby pokemon). I also noticed that the gameshark codes don't work for it either.

Hi! I saw you message about that the game shark codes doesn't work anymore, that is because when Rangi hack the Pkm Crystal room some values in the Hex codes move it in consequence of having edited or added new things,...well i alredy invested lot of time trying diferent codes by myself (except for "Max IV's codes"...Rangi said me both codes) and eventually i found these codes, hope you like it! Enjoy:

-Max IV's, just play with the "xx" values, to maximize values put "FF" in both codes:
    01xxFDDC
    01xxFEDC
    The first code maximize the Atk, def and Hp. Note: in this hack the values in Atk and Def determine the Natures of pkms, so, for "FF" value result in a Serious nature, just play with the "xx" to discover the specifit natures that you want...if you don't know the Hex numeration sequence, you just have to investigate it, also...the second code maximize the Special atk, Sp. Def and Speed stats, and this one doesn't affect in any way the natures, so, you can put this code always with "FF" to have maximized values in this stats. Note: if you have a shiny pkm this codes will affect your pkms, becoming your pkm into a normal pkm

-Max Hp EV's:
    01FFF3DC
    -MaxAtk EV's:
    01FFF5DC
    -Max Def EV's:
    01FFF7DC:
    -Max Sp. Atk & Sp. Def EV's:
    01FFFBDC
    -Max Spd EV's:
    01FFF9DC
    You can play with "FF" values once again, but like they actually are maximize the EV's.

-Walkthrough walls (this one Works perfectly, but when you go outside of the borders of maps the game will crash it, don't be scared about this, nothing happend with your sabe data, but you will have to re-start from where you saved the game the last time, ok):
    9100FAC2
    9100FBC2
    9100FCC2
    9100FDC2

-Send a pkm to Lv 100:
    01FFF0DC

-Learn any move:
    01xxEADC
    This code change the first atk of the first pkm in your party, if you simply disable the code the original attack will be there (without any change), I suggest you simply go to the section "Moves" and, being the active code, you move the first attack to another place (notice that the pokemon will have the new attack twice), once this is done, Turning off the code...the first attack changed and stay in place where you have placed, while attack that you climb to the top, disabling the code, stays as usual (doesn't change). Just play with "FF" values to change the attack (Ex: Moonblast=01FCEADC, Water pulse =0191EADC)

*Note: codes for IV's, EV's and Send a pkm to Lv 100 Works only with first pkm in your party, also you have to Deposit the pkm to see the Effects of IV's and EV's, when you Deposit that first pkm, obviously the "First pkm in you party" change in response to that action, so, if you don't want to alter the second pkm, once that you alredy deposit the pkm that you want to maximize the IV's or EV's simply turn off the code...in addition, when you use the "Send to pkm to Lv 100, occurs the same thing in your party, so turn it off when you deposit your pkm in pc...to see the effects (not in stats...in Pkm current Level) of this particular code you also have to withdraw the pkm from pc, now you just have to use that pkm in battle to nomalize his Exp data (because the Exp bar shows it full).

And that all that I found and all that I need (a wild pkm editor code will be useful, but still I have not found it hahahahahha {XD}

* I apologize if my English is not right, I'm still learning :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Just wondering if there was any way to capture celebi before the elite four?

There is not. The event for Celebi only triggers after you beat the Elite Four.

I've tried wonder trade A LOT but still can't seem to get it. There seems to be a pattern when trading certain level pokemon, you seem to get about the same batch pokemon

Yeah, each Pokémon has a minimum and maximum level that it's available. So if you trade something between level 1 and 20, you might get a Bellsprout, between 21 and 31 a Weepinbel, between 32 and 100 a Victreebel, and so on.

It's possible have a Rematch Vs Bill?

No, just the one.

well i alredy invested lot of time trying diferent codes by myself (except for "Max IV's codes"...Rangi said me both codes) and eventually i found these codes, hope you like it!

Nice work! They'll need updating when 3.0 is out, but that won't be for a while yet.

Years
  • where can i find mew and celebi?

Spoiler:

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Quick question: if I disabled wild shinies when you don't have Poké Balls, would that be more or less fun? There'd be no moments of frustration, but maybe those are a good thing overall?

Years
  • Quick question: if I disabled wild shinies when you don't have Poké Balls, would that be more or less fun? There'd be no moments of frustration, but maybe those are a good thing overall?

Hmm... it looks like a nice idea to me, as I've lost many shinies cause I forget to buy pokéballs...
    But maybe you can add some kind of "indicator" for when you don't have any pokéballs (aside from master balls) or you have very few of them?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but how do you get HM02 in version 2.2.0? I've talked to Chuck's wife after getting his badge, and she didn't give it to me.

Back