• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    yeah, it's a shame battle backgrounds don't work properly. they look pretty nice in the GS essentials

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Battle Tower's new tileset combines the styles of Crystal, HG/SS, and Mateo's planned Christmas tiles.

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    I see what you mean, but the poke ball icon is centered on the room. It's just that the door can't be centered completely because it's two tiles wide.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    they could either remove it or place another one beside it to make it look symmetrical, but doesn't really matter either way

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    On the topic of 3.0's release. Would it be a hassle to release an incomplete version of 3.0 for anyone too impatient to see the completed version come out? Then release the finished version when it is completed?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    On the topic of 3.0's release. Would it be a hassle to release an incomplete version of 3.0 for anyone too impatient to see the completed version come out? Then release the finished version when it is completed?

From the topic poll, 70% of people would rather wait. If you want to see the latest version, including the bugs and empty maps and missing areas, it's not hard to compile the code yourself. Here are the instructions.

By the way, I'm adding the Soul House basement; just two or three floors of a simple maze, not any complicated puzzles. How's this?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2018
    I like the idea of making areas that the original game only alluded to explorable. What would be hidden down there, though?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    From the topic poll, 70% of people would rather wait. If you want to see the latest version, including the bugs and empty maps and missing areas, it's not hard to compile the code yourself. Here are the instructions.

By the way, I'm adding the Soul House basement; just two or three floors of a simple maze, not any complicated puzzles. How's this?

Always wanted to sneak down into the Soul House and see what's up. Excited to finally be able to do that!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    I'm curious; I've just started a playthrough of 2.2 and I was wondering if the EXP share has been revamped to be closer to the newer generations, or if it's been left alone. Can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Exp. Share works like it did in GSC.

Thanks! That actually helps me figure out what team composition I want to go with, since raising them by swap/old EXP share takes a bit longer.

Keep up the great work on this hack. I registered solely to keep an eye on the progress!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    no plans to upgrade the exp share? seems weird to leave it untouched since you're modernizing everything

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Thanks! That actually helps me figure out what team composition I want to go with, since raising them by swap/old EXP share takes a bit longer.

Keep up the great work on this hack. I registered solely to keep an eye on the progress!

Thanks! There's steady progress on 3.0 so far.

For late-game raising of weak Pokémon, you can buy more Exp. Shares in Celadon City.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2018
    Salam (Peace), I loved your hack, I really enjoyed it, just a little request if possible, which tools y'r using? I want to change a move's power but none of the commune tools can open this rom, thanks.

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2022
    There are no tools used with this ROM, or at least it doesn't use any of the traditional tools you'd normally use. Polished Crystal is hacked using the disassembly, and its github repo is in the opening post, though the github has a lot of changes since the most recent version was released since Rangi is working on 3.0.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    Is Yellow's Pikachu special, or is there a way for me to get the flower Pikachu? It's adorable.

Does anyone have a picture of the sprite for it?

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years

Awesome! I always wondered how that place looked like.

Back