• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
  • For the players who want more competitive battling without relying on luck, I've added the option to calculate stats assuming perfect IVs.

This will apply to NPCs as well as the player. And IVs are still 0−15 internally, so Hidden Power types, color variation, and anything else that depends on IV values will still be random.

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

For example, here's a level 100 Mew with no EVs:

According to Psypoke's IV calculator, its IVs aren't that great:

But with the Perfect IVs option on, it has the maximum stat values:

(This is one of the initial options, meant to be set only at the beginning of the game. You can "cheat" and press Left+B at the title screen to reset them, just like Down+B resets the clock, but you'll have to deposit and withdraw your Pokémon to recalculate its stats.)

This is just perfect!! Even with that marvelous option I will still trying to find the new codes, after all I alredy found the codes to change or choose every nature, Max Iv's, Max Ev's, Learn any attack...etc

As soon as I find the new ones in 3.0, if you desire, I can share it here

Great work Rangi!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    The IVs option is really good for someone like me who wants Pokemon to be as strong as possible given the crazy level curve of this game. I got to have this game in my hands now! By far this next 3.0 patch will be crazy big with all the bells and whistles you can think of. Rangi, you got to get this out man! This will blow away all rom hacks that exist of Crystal when it hits the net. This is better that TPP Anniversary Crystal was and it was full of surprises too. Also, I'm playing Pokemon Orange which is based on the pokecrystal disassembly and there's a sequel to Bronze coming really soon also based with the disassembly.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    This is just perfect!! Even with that marvelous option I will still trying to find the new codes, after all I alredy found the codes to change or choose every nature, Max Iv's, Max Ev's, Learn any attack...etc

As soon as I find the new ones in 3.0, if you desire, I can share it here

Great work Rangi!

Speaking of codes, you mind sharing those when the time comes? I need something to take the edge off like the usual money and Rare Candy + Master Ball stuff.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Speaking of codes, you mind sharing those when the time comes? I need something to take the edge off like the usual money and Rare Candy + Master Ball stuff.

Yes that's right! :)
    And For Masterball, I recommend you use the classic glitch to clone pkms

Here codes of 2.2.0
    Max IV's: 01FFFDDC (Neutral Nature, to chance it, just play with hexadecimal values...of the fist couple of "F", this code just affect the HP, Attack and Def)
    Max IV's: 01FFFEDC (This code send to his maximun possible Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed...you can play with the fist two "F"s, but this one do not Interferes at all with Pkm's natures)
    Note: In both casses the "FF" represent the maximum value...If you want to experiment you will have to do it with smaller hexadecimal values
    Max HP EV's: 01FFF3DC
    Max Atk EV's: 01FFF5DC
    Max Def EV's: 01FFF7DC
    Max Sp. EV's (Atk & Def): 01FFFBDC
    Max Spd EV's: 01FFF9DC
    All these codes (Ivs & Evs), immediately apply to the first Pokémon in your team, and only have effect if you deposit that pkm in the PC, you cand deposit the first one and then, disable the code to dont affect other pkms

Walkthrouh the walls (Take care with this one)
    9100FAC2
    9100FBC2
    9100FCC2
    9100FDC2
    If you try to go beyond the limits of maps the game will crashes and you will have to reset it (from the last sabe point...be careful)

Send a pkm to Lvl 100
    01FFF0DC
    This code turn the first pkm in you party into one in level 100 (need to be deposited in PC), if you combine this with codes of Max Ivs and Evs...well...instant training (Without battles? Yeah! Boring if you ask me...)

Teach any attack:
    01FFEADC
    As the other codes, you have to play with the "FF", and Try change it into another hexadecimal value...for example "01FCEADC = Moonblast", "01B1EADC = Aeroblast", this code change the first atk of the first pkm in your team, to keep the atk permanently , just choose the option "moves" and move that fisrt atk of his place, and then disable the code

Enjoy it! Because I doubt they will remain the same in version 3.0 {XD}

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Clair used Ampharos, Rhydon, Arcanine, Lapras, Nidoking, Charizard and Gyarados in Stadium 2 (between the two rounds). To be honest, I'm in favor of the non-Faithful version following Stadium 2 as much as possible (obviously, a few Stadium 2 choice might be unfitting or less needed due to the cross-generational evolutions).

On a separate note, the legendary beasts should have their original hidden abilities (Volt Absord, Flash Fire and Water Absorb) rather than Pressure or Inner Focus.

The legendary beasts have Pressure/Inner Focus in Faithful (since they're the canon abilities as of generation VII). In non-Faithful, they have (Entei/Raikou/Suicune):

* Pressure/Pressure/Pressure (ability 1)
    * Intimidate/Static/Hydration (ability 2)
    * Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (hidden ability)

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • The legendary beasts have Pressure/Inner Focus in Faithful (since they're the canon abilities as of generation VII). In non-Faithful, they have (Entei/Raikou/Suicune):

* Intimidate/Static/Hydration (ability 2)
    * Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (hidden ability)

Is giving the bulkiest Legendary Beast (the one whose traditional sets up until Gen 4 were RestTalk and could stall for days) Hydration a good idea? You basically give RestTalk sets more power and more control by letting the player replace Sleep Talk with Rain Dance. I'm not normally looking at hacks from a competitive standpoint, but I am concerned that Hydration would be hilariously broken on Suicune. Unfortunately, looking through the ability list, I can't see other abilities that would fit well. Perhaps Quick Feet (which would give it a speed boost while asleep from Rest) or Serene Grace?

As another possible suggestion (which I like a whole lot more), move their existing hidden abilities into ability 2's slot, and give all Legendary Beasts the Beast Boost ability as their hidden abilities. I think that would be interesting to play with, and it thematically works. It also sidesteps breaking Suicune with Hydration and saves Raikou from the boring Static ability. So you'd have (Entei/Raikou/Suicune):

* Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (ability 2)
    * Beast Boost/Beast Boost/Beast Boost (hidden ability)

For reference, Entei's highest base stat is its Attack stat. Raikou's is a tie between Speed and Sp. Atk. Suicune's is a tie between Defense and Sp. Def. These are the likely boosts an untrained beast would get from Beast Boost. The player has some wiggle room to customize them a bit with Stat Exp.

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
    Years
  • Challenged the league today
    I didn't remember the Elite 4 being this hard, I barely made it to Bruno only to get whip-creamed XD

I'll have to get me a sixth Pokemon and raise it via Candies from Goldenrod Harbor and Battling, then raise my other 5 pokemon a little as well.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Is giving the bulkiest Legendary Beast (the one whose traditional sets up until Gen 4 were RestTalk and could stall for days) Hydration a good idea? You basically give RestTalk sets more power and more control by letting the player replace Sleep Talk with Rain Dance. I'm not normally looking at hacks from a competitive standpoint, but I am concerned that Hydration would be hilariously broken on Suicune.

For now I've just replaced their non-canon second abilities with Inner Focus, since that's their new Hidden Ability in Gen 7.

How are hidden abilities supposed to be unlocked?

They're just rare (5% chance).

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Hunting for hidden ability legendaries sounds like a real pain. I thought that this hack was anti-grinding.

I'd just give them two abilities each, with Inner Focus being the faithful one and Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb being the non-faithful ones. No need for any hidden abilities in their case.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Pokemon should have hidden abilities available. There is nothing wrong with a 5% chance.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    For regular Pokemon, sure. For legendaries that are hard to catch and don't even have three abilities in the canon games? I beg to differ.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hunting for hidden ability legendaries sounds like a real pain. I thought that this hack was anti-grinding.

I'd just give them two abilities each, with Inner Focus being the faithful one and Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb being the non-faithful ones. No need for any hidden abilities in their case.

But then it would be really difficult to get their hidden ability. :P

Edit: Seriously, though. I'm anti-forced grinding, e.g. the level curve should be naturally challenging but beatable if you fight all the NPCs but don't run around in the grass for hours. But for people who do want to invest time in the game, there should be some reward. Hidden Ability legendaries are perfectly suited for that. If you don't want to save+reset for a 5% chance, pretend you never had the option.

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Beta testing! I really do think 3.0 will be out soon, but I want to avoid game-breaking bugs at release. PM me if you're interested in beta testing the nearly-finished game. I'll send you a patch for it.

While testing, please compare your experience with the list of known bugs, and try to find new ones. Also, let me know if you see the "unconfirmed" bugs or not. In particular:

The first two were bugs in 2.2.0, and the last one appeared while developing 3.0, but I can't reproduce any of them now. Whether they can still occur or were fixed by accident, I want to know.

Also, a question: I'm considering using city and route signs for a Habitat List feature like in B/W, with caught species marked by a Pok? Ball. (This makes more sense to me than the Pok?dex already knowing what's there.) However, it would take time to develop and would use ever-dwindling ROM space (it's already 95% full). Does this seem useful? Please let me know if you would bother checking signs or not. Or suggest alternate ways to implement a Habitat List, as long as they don't require coding a whole new UI.

Last edited:

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
    Years
  • Question: I'm considering using city and route signs for a Habitat List feature like in B/W, with caught species marked by a Pok? Ball. (This makes more sense to me than the Pok?dex already knowing what's there.) However, it would take time to develop and would use ever-dwindling ROM space (it's already 95% full). Does this seem useful? Please let me know if you would bother checking signs or not. Or suggest alternate ways to implement a Habitat List, as long as they don't require coding a whole new UI.

I like the idea, but you also have the day & night shift, which changes the mons depending on the time. There are also some areas that you would need a lot of text because of a lot of pokemon on that particular route.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    I could add icons showing the time or method of catching:

True, but it seems like an awful lot of extra work when most people would either check the pokedex directly or the Readme/FAQ to find a particular Pokemon. If space wasn't a factor I'd say why the heck not, but with so many other awesome potential features, I personally wouldn't be crying out for habitat lists on signs.

Your decision though, of course. I've been hesitant about a bunch of features that eventually grew on me and now seem awesome, so take that as you will.

Last edited:
    Back