• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I'm pretty sure that Complex Crystal is a pain for most people, encouraging griding.

I haven't played this game since the initial (non-faithful) version, but I don't remember thinking it was easy. Do the abilities really change it that much? Anyway, of course you aren't supposed to use a Lucky Egg.

Is it possible to make the gym leaders always 2-3 levels ahead of the player's highest leveled Pokemon?

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Rangi,

Compiled the latest code as of 9 AM today: Poison heal doesn't seem to function correctly.

Gave Gliscor the toxic orb, it becomes poisoned after turn 1, but instead of recovering HP it doesn't lose HP. Then, once the battle ends and the player returns to the overworld, its status is restored to normal (not poisoned).

Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Rangi,

Compiled the latest code as of 9 AM today: Poison heal doesn't seem to function correctly.

Gave Gliscor the toxic orb, it becomes poisoned after turn 1, but instead of recovering HP it doesn't lose HP. Then, once the battle ends and the player returns to the overworld, its status is restored to normal (not poisoned).

Keep up the great work!

Update to the original post: Poison Heal cures the status when the pkm is switched out in battle as well.

Also, Lawrence disappears when the screen pans to Zapdos after fixing the power plant

Game crashes when you walk down the stairs next to Mr Fuji

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So.. I thought that maybe compiling the latest version could fix my problem with the Sneasels and I found this video which I've followed as best as I could (had to use python2 and python2-setuptools instead of python because I couldn't find the ones specified in the video).
    Everything worked fine until the time to execute the "make" command came.
    When I entered it, I've got this error and no .gbc ROM:
    Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

It's prolly my fault, but I don't know where did I made the mistake.
    Is it because I'm using python2 instead of python?
    Anybody..? No..?

Years
  • Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

I've always found weird the way that this trainer talks to you (the one that gives you the Nugget and then battles you at Route 25).
    Maybe Rangi can make him introduce the player to the challenge after you cross the bridge.

uchihamadada

Years
  • Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

I've always found weird the way that this trainer talks to you (the one that gives you the Nugget and then battles you at Route 25).
    Maybe Rangi can make him introduce the player to the challenge after you cross the bridge.

Totally Agree!! He speaks to you in such a way that implies that you already had a conversation with him about the terms to win the prize, which is not logically possible because we found this character at the end of the bridge..

Rangi, for that trainer maybe it's a better option do something similar to which some Johto trainers do...I mean, those trainers who indicate us that to fight them we must have defeated everyone else on the route (moving him before all other trainers)....or simply change his dialog.

uchihamadada

Years
  • Hi Rangi, I just want to report something about "Hail", when I was trying to capture Articuno I used Thunderpunch with my Typhlosion, that attack Decreased its HP bar in 1/2, then Articuno used Hail...my next Thunderpunch did the ridiculous amount of damage of 1/8 - 1/16 approximately...much more than increase the defense 50%...also, at the end of every turn Hail never inflicted damage in my pkms...I don't know if this happens with Sandstorm

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Can we have a healer on victory road? Since you made the path to the pokemon league and victory road mor elike it was in R/B/Y it would be a crazy long trek to get to a healer when you have your pokemon get wiped out in the cave.

uchihamadada

Years
  • Can we have a healer on victory road? Since you made the path to the pokemon league and victory road mor elike it was in R/B/Y it would be a crazy long trek to get to a healer when you have your pokemon get wiped out in the cave.

Well, in my particular opinion, that makes of the victory road something more challenging, we just have to prepare correctly for that momment (buying sufficient Revives, Hyper potions, Full Heals)...in addition it's a good momment to carry some Elixirs

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2017
    Hey I just want to say it's by far the greatest hack ever, thank you, it's like a pkm crystal turbo revival. the only thing that I wonder; in order to give more credibility to all new pkm included, why not leave all sprites static? except the legendary ones, those might be left with the animated sprite but all the rest of them why not leave them static with the gold/silver sprite? thank you for all your work

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Discovered a game breaking bug that occurs in to different places. When I fought Flannery in the Safari Zone I broguht her to her last pokemon, to which when she sends it out, insead of spawning like normal the game crashes completely. This same thing happens with Maylene in Celadon City as well. This bug is not present in the battle with Skyla as her pokemon load up as normal, same with Lorelei. Not sure why the case is different with Flannery and Maylene. Are there pokemon on their rosters that are not otherwise in the game on their teams or something and is that causing the game to freak out?

Back