• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    yeah thats true, dont press A when closing a window, press D to close it. and yea i know all the graphical errors(been known them actually) i just to put up the demo for people to find stuff i couldnt find, so far i only found a few things.

Years
    Ah, I didn't see a demo, very nice. I think it's awesome, the only bugs have been stated, and I think you should add a run button. ^.^

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2007
    cant wait till the battle system, if u make it better than the original and like a Pokemon Colosseum battle sytem but 2-d then it would be awesome.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ok, the battles will be isometric, but no one better complain about going into a small patch of grass and then you fight a pokemon in a bigger area like in final fantasy or other games...

But if the 1st choice wins the vote ill change it to that, which i doubt would win anyway.

EDIT: i just thought, the good and bad of each battle system:
    Regular:Good:
    All pokemon are already sprited
    Backgrounds are easy to make
    Bad:
    Same battle system with only minor changes, such as attacks
    same turn based thing

Isometric:Good:
    Better graphics
    Battle areas
    Pokemon will be actual size
    Bad:
    It will take forever to make over 400 pokemon in isometric view(plus with front, back,damage taking,and attack views and animations.)
    same with making new areas....

Last edited:

Ivo Robotnik

Gym Master of Steel
    Years
    it will not take forever to make over 400 pokemon in isometric view(plus with front, back,damage taking,and attack views and animations.)
    if u gett alot of foks 2 du it,i bett its alott wanna help man

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Thats wierd, that hasnt happened to anyone else...not even for me...sometimes i think the demo may not work for everyone, try playing it without any windows around or something, if you have too many windows up theres a chance it may go slow. if thats not the case then try it again.

EDIT: Brendan mc, you made a big typo in your last post, so i dont know what youre talkin about.

Last edited:

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
    **** does it really have to be isometric? heh, no ones using the regular battle system even more.. Probabaly because I've never seen it fully complete in any pokemon fan game..

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I just discussed it, i may changed it back to regular, even though iso is better it will take 100x more work even if people help, it will still take a long time. not that many people are good with the style because they arent familiar with it, and isnt the view being iso good enough?
    even though everything will change, why should we get rid of the traditional battle system?
    it will only have backgrounds and possible new attacks, there will be many iso pokemon on the overworld so that should also good enough too..anyway im gonna work on more stuff tomorrow so until then.

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    darthjarjar said:
    I just discussed it, i may changed it back to regular, even though iso is better it will take 100x more work even if people help, it will still take a long time. not that many people are good with the style because they arent familiar with it, and isnt the view being iso good enough?
    even though everything will change, why should we get rid of the traditional battle system?
    it will only have backgrounds and possible new attacks, there will be many iso pokemon on the overworld so that should also good enough too..anyway im gonna work on more stuff tomorrow so until then.

can't you rip battle animations from Battle Network games? Like dollthunders for electric attacks and stuff?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thats not it, im talking about making the pokemon thats hard, ripping from ranger is impossible, and pokemon dungeon sprites dont match the style and some are too small.
    so all thats left is making custom isometric pokemon. and that will take a very long time...

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I think that everyone who wants this game done quicker, should help making the Isometric Pokemon...

Charizard523

I luv pokemon
    Years
    Jst wandering iknow that its probably old but what program do i open it with i downloaded the game already.

p.s. i think the demo should be online.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    u could use the pokemon icons. like on the pokemon menu, there are facing diagonly.
    pretty cool game. a sorta pokemon version of megaman well as im making megaman version of pokemon

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
    If you want it done quicker, just use the pokemon sprites from Leafgreen, Firered, Sapphire-Ruby etc. The pokemon battle system being iso. Just to me sounds silly, I dunno I just always enjoyed that of the traditional battle system. I'm pretty pertinacious about it...

But its your game so you do what you want.

~Sion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back