• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'm playing in hardcore mode it's too hard for me. I'm going to start another game but I don't know whether to choose Default or Restricted. Could you tell me the difference between Restricted and Hardcore? I can't find anything on the drive.
Default and Restricted aren't separate modes. Restricted is a modifier that removes many moves and Abilities from the game, but only for you (not for the AI). Here's a list of what you won't be able to use (Pokémon that normally have access to that stuff will get those moves/Abilities replaced by something weaker) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...P2AiJjG0tNC3i2LcYVuTMWDzzw/edit#gid=420169345

So Default and Hardcore are what determine the AI trainers' difficulty, teams, and move sets. Restricted won't affect the AI, it will just ban certain strategies for you. Hardcore has Restricted permanently enabled, Default lets you choose whether you want to play with Restricted rules or have access to everything.

Days
  • Seen Jan 5, 2024
I want to play on hard difficulty mode and not get banned at all! How to choose that?
I want to keep the AI strong, but don't want it to be too restrictive to the point of being unfair

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I too, am extremely disappointed that Corviknight's Hidden Ability was removed from the Gen 9 update, lacking Mirror Armor definitely makes it far less useful. I hope it makes a return in the next update.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen today
I too, am extremely disappointed that Corviknight's Hidden Ability was removed from the Gen 9 update, lacking Mirror Armor definitely makes it far less useful. I hope it makes a return in the next update.
sorry to maybe dissapoint, but according to the 4.0 changelog Mirror Armor was removed in order to make space for some of the new Gen 9 abilities, so its probably not going to return.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Will you ever be able to add sprite animations for all the Pokemon like it is in Emerald? Please 🥹

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Does anybody know if a 4.1 update or otherwise will include the dlc pokemon and tera?

Days
  • Seen Feb 14, 2024
Hi, I'm a fresh account. This is a question regarding radical red(I don't know if I choose the right forum to post in or what not idk) but I started off trying to do the basic az nuzlocke and rulings(pokemon deaths, set rules in battles, blah blah blah) but now just doing a regularish playthrough. I choose the minimal EV grind mode(or whatever its called) and I'm close to the elite 4. I know it states in the text that boss battles will not have EVs, but does that take affect on the e4? I'm trying to figure out if a timid scarfed jolteon would outspeed that jolly swiftswim poliwrath in the rain

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Dude, this hack is bullshit. I calced and lvl 67 swellow dies from a poison jab from a mega beedrill, and it doesn't die in game. I looked up to see if swellow got any changes... Nope! What about mega beedrill... Nope! Wtf. He doesn't even live according to the calcs

Days
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hi, this is my first message on the forum. I love this hack and would like to give some advice to the developers.
In the next update it would be nice if the randomized part was improved.
Currently, if you play in randomized mode, for each new game there is a limited number of Pokemon you can encounter.
Furthermore, as regards skills and moves, they are limited to a small number and only the same for each pokemon (especially the moves).
I believe that improving and expanding the randomized part allows you to play longer once completed in normal mode. It would also give material to many YouTubers etc. to bring different runs.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
Is anybody else having a problem patching the file? I keep getting a .txt file instead of a .gba

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
Hi, this is my first message on the forum. I love this hack and would like to give some advice to the developers.
In the next update it would be nice if the randomized part was improved.
Currently, if you play in randomized mode, for each new game there is a limited number of Pokemon you can encounter.
Furthermore, as regards skills and moves, they are limited to a small number and only the same for each pokemon (especially the moves).
I believe that improving and expanding the randomized part allows you to play longer once completed in normal mode. It would also give material to many YouTubers etc. to bring different runs.
I second this. I completed Radical Red on its normal settings and was excited to do the randomizer since it would provide an interesting challenge and something completely different each time, but was pretty disappointed that what could be considered a casual and lighthearted experience was limited the way it was. I get that it's likely to limit getting mons like Rayquaza early on, but really why does it matter if someone does?

Days
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Hello, first post here, hope this is alright to post here as i don't have discord.

I tried my first hardcore run and i used the Nes code for the Dexnav and for the rare candies, after i beat Erika i used a bunch of my rare candies to lvl up some new mons, then i noticed my games audio was sounding odd, but thought nothing of it and flew to get more rare candies(i only had 100 left) and once i got there my game glitched or something and it would freeze everytime i talked to anyone, if i walked to far away or if i opened a menu ( thus i cant save and reset )

Kinda bummed out that i basicly lost progess but i am going to try again i just want to know why that happened

are the NES codes fully safe or should i just not use them and grind out the levels

Thanks in advance and sorry if posts like this are not allowed

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Please add double iron bash in metagross's moveset. I've tested it using cheats and guess what its freaking awesome it can become a sweeper with agility and dbl iron bash on it's moveset

Days
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Can someone explain how to find: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Poliwag?
Thank you soo much!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Can someone explain how to find: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Poliwag?
Thank you soo much!
The Kanto Starters are found via the egg trader in Celadon City, which gives you eggs for Shards- these can contain any of the starters- assuming you're playing 4.0, that is. Green Shards give Grass starters, Red Shards give Fire starters, and Blue Shards give Water starters.

Poliwag is also found in Celadon City- you fish it up by using the Good Rod, which is the earliest you can acquire any member of the line.

Back