• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

vbk

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Thanks so much for this. This was by far the best Pokemon Game I've ever played. I always enjoyed competitive Pokemon, but did get to play as much as I would've liked. I usually played on showdown, too. Having to think about move sets and EV spreads in a single player game was so refreshing and fun. And although I raged quite often (esp. Erika or Loreley), in the end I was so happy to have finally beaten it. Although I kinda feel like a cheater because of all the ubers my weak ass needed to use. So I will most likely try again with different teams. Can't wait for an update!

54xIruQ.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 6, 2021
Do you think it's possible for you to add a difficulty toggle for the game? No, not to make it easier, but to maybe make it even harder, like an "insanity" version perhaps. While the initial impression of this hack for many was that it was the "most difficult rom hack ever", I think the consensus has shifted it to it being relatively "easy" with proper planning and can even be beaten with challenge runs like Solo-run or NFE only. While the philosophy in making this game "fair" and balanced has been extremely well done, I think the middle portion of the game can be pretty easily trivialized, and certain league members, particularly Agatha and the Champion are extremely easy.

Also, maybe nerf things like focus sashes? I do think it is pretty easy to abuse them in this game since the only trainers with hazard setters are Bruno, Lance, and the Champion, and the only one that consistently gets up rocks is Lance. Maybe make the focus sash have 50% activation only?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Yesterday, I beat Radical Red with the hardest mono−type (unless a different type is even harder). This was the team:
unknown.png

Years
I beat Radical Red a couple nights ago, after playing it for 38 hours. Absolutely great hack. I enjoyed every minute. The Elite Four had some difficult moments- I ended up beating Lance with just my Haxorus left at 5HP! There were a lot of those really close, clutch moments in my playthrough. Can't wait for the Sevii Islands and Post-Game to be added to the hack!
20210111_234501[1]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 3, 2021
Screen-Shot-2021-01-14-at-9-05-09-AM.png

When I bought a magikarp from an old man, it turned out to be shiny. Does the game do this for everyone, or did I just get really lucky?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
In regards to the Shiny Magikarp, yes that is lucky, but you can also talk to the Merchant again and spend alot of money for a guaranteed Shiny Magikarp.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
Hello, everyone. I hope you all are doing fine.

I've made some suggestions for the game. I've divided them into general gameplay suggestions and mon-specific suggestions, since some mons are still pretty crappy.

1 - Make all gym leaders have 6 mons. Or at least buff misty, bugsy, whitney and brock, they are pathetic.
2 – Give us some postgame content: special boss battles such as red, Cynthia, professor oak and steven.
3 – Give us more megas. Megas are a fan favorite feature. A fairy dark mega umbreon would be the goat (I realize you may not want that, which is why I am just suggesting) =]
4 – Give random trainers eviolite (at least past misty) if their mons are not fully evolved.
5 – Make johto gym battles mandatory. My suggestion is that they appear whenever you are about to enter a gym (so that you need to beat them with the lvl restriction). Or at least fix the levels of whitney, Morty, bugsy and Chuc, cause having an overleveled team to beat them is dumb.
6 – Heck, give us gen 3 gym leaders as well.
7 – The way you can't go to fuschia after acquiring pokeflute is dumb. Just make sure mr. fuji gives you the pokeflute only when you have beaten sabrina. Make him say "id give you this flute, but you have to beat sabrina first".
8 – Make a built-in hard mode in which there are no revives and your mon, once fainted, can't be healed nor used in battle in any way (not necessary, but it would be cool imo).
9 – Make fairy type mons weak against bug type mons. I mean, fairy is one of the best typings and bug is one of the worst.
10 – make sure there is a way to get bottle caps and heart scales when using the randomizer.

Mon-specific suggestions

1 – make dusknoir normal/ghost type.
2 – give mega Orbeetle (or some other garbage mon) an auto trick room ability.
3 – sunflora = fire/grass.
4 – Arbok = poison/fairy and some fairy moves.
5 – Golduck = +10 SPA or a decent ability.
6 - Tentacruel = +10 speed.
7 – Exeggutor-A = give this skill link or something, it needs a buff.
8 – Articuno = it needs a buff. Give it magic guard or no guard.
9 – Umbreon = give this thing a mega =].
10 – Miltank = give it rapid spin.
11 – Volbeat = bug/electric and give it some electric moves.
12 – Tropius = base 100 Attack, 101 HP.
13 – Cradily = Solid Rock ability.
14 – Banette = Learns Spectral Thief (!!)
15 – Probopass = levitate ability.
16 – Emolga = give this thing hurricane, extreme speed and galvanize, and more attack. Make it a mixed attacker.
17 – Beheeyem = give this thing auto TR ability.
18 – Mienshao = type Normal/Fight
19 – Golurk = learns Shift Gear (!!)
20 – Oricorio = +10 in all stats honestly.
21 – Passimian = fight/grass type.
22 – Komala = normal/ground type.
23 - Palossand = sand Stream ability.
24 – Turtonator = +10 Speed.
25 – Drampa = learn recover, boomburst, Clangerous soul. + 20 Speed.
26 – Greedent = + 15 Attack, + 15 Spdef, learn curse.
27 – Thievul = dark/fire typing, fire moves.
28 – Frosmoth = + 20 speed.
29 – Appletun = Triage ability.
30 – Runerigus = auto TR ability.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
Love the rom. However one major issue I have is that the randomizer keeps on repeating the same pokemon over and over again. I think i have encountered empoleon in pretty much every f'ing area there is.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 12, 2021
I like the changes this rom introduces to the game. Now, I can't even imagine playing a pokemon game without the competitive changes, the way HMs work and the DexNav.

I have a couple of question/suggestions though.
1. Is it possible to teach Golem sucker punch in this? If not, please, please make it possible.
2. I like the difficulty but I don't think it would be unreasonable to add an experience cap unlock option at the start of the game (similar to how they ask you if you want to activate randomizer). That way I can recommend this rom to my brother :D

Great job though. It makes me happy to see people care so much about pokemon... I just wished GameFreak cared even half as much as you guys.

Years
Great rom hack. I really enjoyed it as it has several features I have always wished existed in the vanilla games or were more prevalent in previous rom hacks.

I noticed a bug, and I'm not too sure if anyone has experienced this before, but if you set the wild encounters to double battles while you have only one Pokemon and 1+ eggs in your party, the game will throw out your egg into battle with a glitched sprite of whatever Pokemon your egg is supposed to be. I guess not too game breaking but definitely interesting. You can also use the Stat checker to view the IVs of your eggs too (thought this was kinda funny as you could pretty much determine which eggs you would want to keep as soon as you obtained them).

Feedback/Suggestions: Add an option to set an IV to 30 along with the 0 option from the IV changer NPC in Saffron. I'm not too much of a fan of the added mega evolutions as well as some of the stat/ability changes too but I guess they do add something new to the mix and challenge. I think a fun option in the future would be to allow important NPCs (Brendan, May, Kanto/Johto Gym Leaders, etc.) to rematch you once a day and getting the option of doing a single battle or double battle when you rematch them. I know some you do get to rematch but I meant more like a once a day challenge thing or something like in HGSS. Overall really fun rom hack and I enjoyed the challenge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 7, 2021
Pokémon Radical Red does not open with PokeSav

How can i fix this? when I want to open the .sav file I get this error (image attached)

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 21, 2021
Hey, this looks great! Definitely planning on trying it soon. In the log it says it includes all 890 pokemon with some exceptions, but I couldn't seem to find which ones aren't included. Would there happen to be a list of all the pokemon not currently in the game, and do you have plans to add them?

Back