• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hey I don't know if this is the right place for this but I wanted to post some feedback for the game from my experience playing it:

Radical Red is phenomenal. I don't think I have had this much fun playing a Pokémon game since I was a child playing Emerald and trying to beat the Frontier. The quality of life upgrades are absolutely fabulous. The difficulty gave me the motivation to continue to catch and train new Pokémon to develop a good team, something that captures the spirit of Pokémon better than the main line games. With them in my experience you can usually run with whatever and you can just stop caring about upgrades.
    I felt like I could stop and smell the roses and get to know the region better than any other I have played. It was nice to not feel silly for being unable to ignore the EVs/IVs, something I just chronically can't ever since learning of them years ago.
    Thank you again for this game. You nailed it. Will be recommending this game to others looking for a good Pokémon experience.

PS: If this is the wrong place my apologies, just wanted to pass along my appreciation.

LordBartimaeus

Years
    give these moves to Grapploct:
    Storm Throw
    Mach Punch (in case it doesn't have it already)
    Aqua Jet
    Flip Turn
    Poison Jab
    Toxic (egg move from Quagsire line, Toxicroak line, Dragalge line and Toxtricity)

and give Scrafty Sucker Punch and Gunk Shot too

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    give these moves to Grapploct:
    Storm Throw
    Mach Punch (in case it doesn't have it already)
    Aqua Jet
    Flip Turn
    Poison Jab
    Toxic (egg move from Quagsire line, Toxicroak line, Dragalge line and Toxtricity)

and give Scrafty Sucker Punch and Gunk Shot too

I'm pretty sure Grapploct can get Aqua Jet as an Egg Move. Just head to the tutor in Fuschia City.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    May i make a suggestion/demand even if it may be too much to ask ?
    Can you add a Sandstorm form to Castform ?
    I think that it would be nice since Weather Ball become a rock type move under sandstorm and that all pokemons that have Sand Stream/Sand Spit are more focused on the physical side so it would be nice to see one that can be used on the special side especially with the moveset of Castform.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2021
    Why can I not choose pokemon to use for raid dens or the archer/ariana tag battle.

It always says "Unable to choose".

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Please make Electivire and Drain Punch compatible (I'm following best team) and make typhlosion and grass knot compatible

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Where do I begin with how I feel about Radical Red? Quite honestly, with all the restrictions and difficulty changes, it feels like soupercell doesnt want anyone to actually play the hack. I get that they want this hack to be difficult, but it just feels TOO difficult. I want to enjoy this ROM hack for all the good features it has, but overall, I cant really enjoy Radical Red anymore. I mean, no matter how I build a Pokemon, the enemy always seems to outspeed and one shot my Pokemon. I have to rely on pure dumb luck to get past any Gym leader, and that's after having to fight them about 20 times over.

Soupercell, you've essentially made the Dark Souls 2 of Pokemon ROM hacks- alot of folks hate it, but the few that dont can enjoy it. I am not one that can enjoy this.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Please make Electivire and Drain Punch compatible (I'm following best team) and make typhlosion and grass knot compatible

That video is outdated. In the most recent version, Typhlosion's compatibility with grass knot was removed and Eruption is now learned at LVL 100. As for Electivire I think there was a correction in the comments for drain punch. Use close combat instead since the higher base power might be better in the long run.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    That video is outdated. In the most recent version, Typhlosion's compatibility with grass knot was removed and Eruption is now learned at LVL 100. As for Electivire I think there was a correction in the comments for drain punch. Use close combat instead since the higher base power might be better in the long run.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    "Thief/Magician won't steal from trainers"

Wondering why this is. Is this a gen 8 feature or is the move being nerfed for harder difficulty?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    "Thief/Magician won't steal from trainers"

Wondering why this is. Is this a gen 8 feature or is the move being nerfed for harder difficulty?

It's so that the player doesn't get to keep items battle items that are supposed to be rare since that would make the game easier.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2021
    Hey I love the game, playing it for the 1st time but I have a question :
    where is he rocky helmet now ? Since it was removed from wild Shelmet

Ty

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Can we get an extra focus sash in this game? I already have the one we get from Chuck after defeating him and I need one more. Same for all the choice items, life orb, etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    anyone have any fixes for the game freezing up? 2.2b

Soup will need more info than just "freezing up" What emulator are you using? Were any cheats used or rom modifications made? What events lead up to the freeze? And what kind of freeze was it? Did it soft lock or did it black screen on you?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    the pokemon that i was ev training evolved, and now the macho brace i had on it is gone. it's not in my bag or on other pokemon, and i even checked the pokemon in my pc to see if the macho brace had somehow gone there. is there any way i can get it back, or get another one?

Back