• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    here's 2.3a, a quick bug fix patch (notable bug fixes include AI overly favoring draining moves and a lot of night-time evos not working properly, including lycanroc dusk)

Changelog 2.3a:
    Spoiler:

Another notable addition is new patches of grass in Viridian and Pewter City. These additional encounters should allow most monotypes to be feasible, assist nuzlockers, and just allow for more early game variety.
    there's also quite a few Pokemon with early learnset changes/evo changes to make the early game more feasible for Hardcore.

I've also updated Brendan's front + back sprite, Red's Front sprite, and may's front sprite (thanks to hyo oppa!)

also note this update doesn't update the text on the start menu to indicate 2.3a, but you'll know you updated if viridian city/pewter city has wild grass

glad a lot of you are enjoying 2.3, cheers :)

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Back in 2.2b, I had noticed how Giovanni's Silph Co team had Polteageist, and it knew Shell Smash about 5 levels too early. Originally, I wanted to call it a bug, but then I thought 'Giovanni's the leader of a criminal organization and built the armor for Mewtwo. So it stands to reason that if he can do that, he can teach his Pokemon any moves he wants.'

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Honestly, i could not be more thankful for the minimal grinding mode that was added. The last time i fully played through Radical red was in version 2.1 (only had Pokemon till Gen 6), and even though i had a crazy amount of fun, and did want to go back, the sheer thought ev training and breeding really dissuaded me. Thank you for this update, playing right away!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2021
    Awesome rom Hack, the best I've ever played so far! Just one thing though, found out while testing new teams against the elite 4 the game freezes after entering the hall of fame more than 40 times...

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Sorry to post again, but I've been trying to dex nav for a Wingull since i plan to use a rain team. According to the Online Radical Dex site, I need a hydration Wingull in order for it to evolve into a Pelipper with drizzle. I am at 82 encounters, and haven't come across even one hydration Wingull. Is a hydration Wingull just not obtainable? I've been getting the Frisk and rain dish one's throughout.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    I don't know off hand why you aren't finding them in the wild, but if you catch a Wingull in a Dream Ball it will have it's hidden ability. You get them from Raid Battles and also cam buy them on I believe Cinnabar Island.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Back in 2.2b, I had noticed how Giovanni's Silph Co team had Polteageist, and it knew Shell Smash about 5 levels too early. Originally, I wanted to call it a bug, but then I thought 'Giovanni's the leader of a criminal organization and built the armor for Mewtwo. So it stands to reason that if he can do that, he can teach his Pokemon any moves he wants.'

Also in 2.2b brendan's electivire having plasma fists around Lv 40

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2023
    Hello! What's the right battle order after celadons Giovanni? Lav tower silph co then Sabrina then koga?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2021
    Sorry to post again, but I've been trying to dex nav for a Wingull since i plan to use a rain team. According to the Online Radical Dex site, I need a hydration Wingull in order for it to evolve into a Pelipper with drizzle. I am at 82 encounters, and haven't come across even one hydration Wingull. Is a hydration Wingull just not obtainable? I've been getting the Frisk and rain dish one's throughout.

Are you sure you caught one wingull first? To get hidden abilities through dexnav you have to catch the Pokémon first, then the hidden ability will be available in the dexnav along with the mon's normal abilities.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Are you sure you caught one wingull first? To get hidden abilities through dexnav you have to catch the Pokémon first, then the hidden ability will be available in the dexnav along with the mon's normal abilities.

Oh wow, i just did that, and boom my next encounter was a hydration Wingull. Thank you so much for taking the time out to clarify my question. :')

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, can you help me pls. I can't evolve my galarian linoone into obstagoon. In the documents it doesn't list linoone with evolution method changed pokemon. So i assumed it is after lvl35 at night but now it is 68 lvl and still doesn't evolve. I also tried moon stone and dusk stone but didn't work.

Edit: I am playing the latest version, easy mode

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2021
    Hi, can you help me pls. I can't evolve my galarian linoone into obstagoon. In the documents it doesn't list linoone with evolution method changed pokemon. So i assumed it is after lvl35 at night but now it is 68 lvl and still doesn't evolve. I also tried moon stone and dusk stone but didn't work.

Edit: I am playing the latest version, easy mode

Are you sure you are playing the latest version? Version 2.3 had a bug with night evos, 2.3a fixed it. It evolves level 35 at night.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2022
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Love this game, HoF v2.3 baby lets goooo

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Are you sure you are playing the latest version? Version 2.3 had a bug with night evos, 2.3a fixed it. It evolves level 35 at night.
    Ohh, I didn't know there is a 2.3a version, I am playing 2.3 right now. Thank you for informing me.

Soo, is there any way to update my game without losing my progress?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2021
    Ohh, I didn't know there is a 2.3a version, I am playing 2.3 right now. Thank you for informing me.

Soo, is there any way to update my game without losing my progress?

Yes, after patching the .ups patch into a clean rom you can rename your current .sav to match the name of the rom. If you need more help join the discord server, we have a channel dedicated to emulation/patching.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2021
    Hey Guys,

anybody tried the new Hard Mode already?
    After my Rival killed me several times, I died a dozen times to Falkner. I finally made it past Falkner with lucky encounters just to die to Brock. :D

This will be a long one...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey Guys,

anybody tried the new Hard Mode already?
    After my Rival killed me several times, I died a dozen times to Falkner. I finally made it past Falkner with lucky encounters just to die to Brock. :D

This will be a long one...

If you mean Hardcore it's supposed to be a ridiculous and unfair difficulty, only for super masochists I guess :) (not like vanilla RR difficulty idea) Being stuck forever on every boss battle until you figure out how to get past it is probably the idea.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    After I solve the problem with night evolutions thanks to your help, I finished the easy version. And I must say, it definitely wasn't easy at all. It is easier than normal Radical Red but harder than any other vanilla game. To be honest, I tried normal Radical Red months ago and I didn't like it that much because I wasn't able to win it with my favorite pokemon, I needed to catch some specific pokemon for specific situations. But I love the easy version. It allowed me to use whatever I want and still gave me a challenge. I think I found my new Kanto replacement, Radical Red Easy version 😅
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Back