• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I've finished radical red in minimal grinding mode, I really like this mode because there is no tedious EV grinding, and I can build more balanced team with fully potential of mixed attacker.

This is my endgame team, standard OU team :

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Synthesis

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Mirror Armor
    Relaxed Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    Bold Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Wish
    - Thunder Wave

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Sassy Nature
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Ability: Pressure
    Jolly Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Triple Axel
    - Knock Off
    - Brick Break

Dragapult @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
    Ability: Infiltrator
    Naive Nature
    - Dragon Darts
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flamethrower
    - U-turn

The early game was the hardest but after my corvsquire and drakloak evolved on level 60, everything became too easy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    After I solve the problem with night evolutions thanks to your help, I finished the easy version. And I must say, it definitely wasn't easy at all. It is easier than normal Radical Red but harder than any other vanilla game. To be honest, I tried normal Radical Red months ago and I didn't like it that much because I wasn't able to win it with my favourite pokemon, I needed to catch some specific pokemon for specific situations. But I love the easy version. It allowed me to use whatever I want and still gave me a challenge. I think I found my new Kanto replacement, Radical Red Easy version 😅
    1.png
    This is my second time finishing the game. This time I wanted to try easy mode with no grinding because I'm on my finals week. I wanted it to be very easy. But interestingly it was harder than normal easy mode. I guess EVs affect more than I thought. I enjoyed it though. When I compare my two teams I see lots of similarities type wise. I should spice things up for my next playthrough.

2.png

Also, a little suggestion, I think it would be better If we can choose any of the 24 starters at the beginning of the game. Because this game has a lot of replayability and the Kanto starters started to get repetitive. I know we can get other starters but I think they too far in the game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    Which of the "easier" modes has shift/no level cap but is still a good challenge? I'd love to replay RR like that.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does Zebstrika become Fire/Electric in Radical Red?

No, it can learn a bunch of Fire type moves but it's still pure Electric.

Which of the "easier" modes has shift/no level cap but is still a good challenge? I'd love to replay RR like that.

Easy mode should have Shift option from what I've read. All difficulties have level cap though, but if you play on Easy without Minimal Grinding, your Pokémon will gain EVs while the AI trainers will have allways zero, so technically even if you can't exceed the level cap your Pokémon (especially in the late game) will have better stats than the trainers'.

How do you evolve carkol in Radical Red?

At level 34.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Not sure if this is an oversight or bug, but the Love Ball doesn't really seem to act any better than an ordinary Poke Ball, even when used in the right scenario. I used five of them on an opposite gendered Snover with full health and only once it shook at least one time. I then used a Dusk Ball on the same Snover and it caught it first try. Does the Love Ball maybe work better on same gender Poke's instead? I've noticed the RNG doesn't affect thrown Poke Balls, so it can be difficult to test the usefulness of said Poke Ball.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    As soon as I finished my first run I discovered the release of the new version and of hardcore mode. I couldn't help but playing it.

photo_2021-06-30_15-39-51.jpg

Thank you, it really is an amazing ROM.

PS: I probably found a bug: while battling against the other boss battle of Koga's gym I switched to a shuckle. The AI used explosion, its pokemon died but mine got no damage. The pokemon I switched from probably wasn't my humidity Quagsire but I honestly can't remember what it was.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2021
    attachment.php
    My marill extra epic😳

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished my first RR playthrough :) My team:

Spoiler:

Thank you soupercell for this game, and for the amazing Minimal Grinding mode idea and the many team building QoL features (I wouldn't have made it until the end without all that) It's just awesome to enjoy the challenge without being frequently slowed-down by the boring grindy nature of certain aspects of Pokémon gameplay. Honestly I wish more games had an option to streamline the IV/EV thing and other stuff.

Have to admit that, as someone who doesn't want to use legendaries or OP Pokémon, I got a bit annoyed at the excessive amount of legendaries, Ultra Beasts, etc. in trainers' teams towards the end of the game. And I'm also not a fan of many Pokémon type changes, like Dragon Lapras and Fighting Electivire. Those are my main gripes, but it's not a big deal considering all the pros.

In regards to battling and team building mechanics, I think this game nails pretty much everything. Loved to battle trainers with legit strategies, improved AI, and challenging team compositions, and all the flexibility in the settings and features to customize the experience for different player styles.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hi I'm not sure if someone already posted this before, but when I go to the Nature Modifier lady in the Pokemon Center, I noticed that the Gentle and Lax natures are unavailable. Is that a glitch that will be fixed or is the game intended not to have those natures available?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2021
    Is there anyway for toxapex to learn recover? Move relearner doesn't have, egg learner either & it didn't learn it at lvl 20.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    Hi ! I'm loving the minimal grinding mode, super useful when nuzlocking the game ! But without the EVs, how can I complete the Gym Leaders' side quests to have mega-gems and unique items ? Is it simply impossible ? I really miss my focus sash and choice items :'(

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Oh yeah! Hall of Fame! True, it was on Easy Mode, but I finally felt like I was playing a game that was fair and balanced.

MVP for me? I'd have to give it to Sawk (Named Krav for Krav Maga martial arts). Contrary ability with Close Combat, Hammer Arm, Super Power, and Poison Jab/Rock Slide. He managed to solo Bruno and did some fair work against Agatha and the Champ. Krookdile (Chomper) was the last man standing against the Champ. Talonflame (Don Falcon/El Falcone), Persian (Sammy *A cat I used to have*), and Cloyster (Howie *Howitzer*) all had their time to shine. Sadly, Shiinotic (Taki for 'Shetaki' mushroom *Not allowed to properly spell it here) was mostly cannon fodder.

Attachments

• RR Easy.png
      RR Easy.png
      80.2 KB · Views: 31
    Back