• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    As usual please consult FAQ on how to upgrade to a newer version. Previous saves are compatible with this, SAVE STATES ARE NOT. When moving over saves, please save on the second story of Pokemon Center, or the PokeMart, but not first floor of Pokemon Center. Changelog from 1.10 to 1.11

Anyway, a brief summary of the new update:
    • Raid Battles! (Only 4 atm, lots more in the next update)
      - Many new Legendaries now obtainable, see the changelog for more details
    • Nature Changer in every Pokemon Center!
    • Type:Null and Silvally obtainable! Permanent Silvally forms: no need for it to hold memories, Silvally can change typing and thus make room for held items! Very large buff!
    • As usual, more balance changes
    • Fixed Sudowoodo and Cinccino not being obtainable
    Hey there, thought I'd drop a small oddity I noticed. So, my Simipour has sage power and in battle, I ran out of PP to use Hydro Pump. Instead of using struggle, I continue getting the text saying "Simipour can only use Hydro pump" or something around those lines.

Also, I'd like to drop a suggestion as well, while breeding for eggs, I suggest the breeder man takes a step forward whenever an egg appears at the daycare. Loving the hack so far! 40 hours in and I'm 5 badges in!

P.S: is there any possibile way I can get my hands on another froakie in the wild so I can breed mine to get Protean? Really feeling how Simipour is getting outspend an awful lot. Thank you!

Thanks for reporting. This has been fixed. Froakie is not found in the wild, no.

EDIT: There's some bugs in the new version that I'll try to address today.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
    2 questions:
    - will you do something similar to the Silvally method of changing types to Arceus
    - are the raid battles redoable?

Years
    Version 1.11a, fixed issues that were supposed to be fixed in 1.11. Download
    Save on second story Pokemon Center before moving saves.
    Changelog from 1.11

2 questions:
    - will you do something similar to the Silvally method of changing types to Arceus
    - are the raid battles redoable?

raid battles can be done once per day. i probably will, but arceus will likely be the very last legendary obtainable as it's insanely strong if it can use a held item lol (or maybe some nerfs will suffice)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Checked updated notes, and Bug catcher Sammy (Last trainer in Veridian Forest) uses a Grubbin with Mudslap. It still reduces my accuracy, but patch notes say it shouldn't.
    EDIT: Going out on a limb here after fighting Archer. Mudslap still just reduces Accuracy, cause his spam happy Grimer used nothing but it to reduce my accuracy.

Last edited:
    Years
    Checked updated notes, and Bug catcher Sammy (Last trainer in Veridian Forest) uses a Grubbin with Mudslap. It still reduces my accuracy, but patch notes say it shouldn't.
    EDIT: Going out on a limb here after fighting Archer. Mudslap still just reduces Accuracy, cause his spam happy Grimer used nothing but it to reduce my accuracy.

just started a new save and the grubbin's mud slap did not lower accuracy

Years
    I also just started a new one. Chose Charmander, cause why not. https://imgur.com/a/KVxAlLG Smokescreen, then his string shot missed. Before that I used SS as well, and his tackle missed. EDIT: Grubbin used 2 mudslaps, and my scratch missed after that. https://imgur.com/a/tJ4GueS

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

if your options does not say version 1.11a at the bottom you aren't on the latest version.

EDIT: New severe glitch has been found in the latest update:
    Trying to catch a Pokemon OR trying to run in a Double wild battle while your OTHER Pokemon is locked into a Choice move will lead to an infinite loop, soft locking the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

if your options does not say version 1.11a at the bottom you aren't on the latest version.

EDIT: New severe glitch has been found in the latest update:
    Trying to catch a Pokemon OR trying to run in a Double wild battle while your OTHER Pokemon is locked into a Choice move will lead to an infinite loop, soft locking the game

Strange. I downloaded it from post #167. Mine doesn't say anything, other then this doesn't work right now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I have been playing a bit since 1.09 and for some reason i think the effects of surprise may have changed a bit since that version to this newer one. before surprise could increase the speed of delibird but it seems that in this update it increases the speed of the target instead. not sure if this is nerf or a glitch but just in case. The game has been fun with using mons i almost never used.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Both radical red and the last FR have the same features, but radical red seems more...balance...rather than the last FR.

- Radical Red :
    Still able to do link battle and trade (which make it better than the last FR for me),
    Have smoother graphic (FR original graphic),
    And we can go to johto region? (Idk about it, since I see on the SS that there was johto leader)

- The Last FR :
    A lot of rival/specific trainers (like Ritchie, Tracey, N, Team M&A, etc),
    Z moves (although I'm not too care about this since I more likely to add items and mega stones rather than z crystal),
    Dynamax (I'm not too care too XD).

Both "Link battle" and "a lot of rival" have same point for me. But for "a lot of rival", it will be equal to "link battle" if each rival/specific trainers have their own BGM and have pre battle mugshot (like before we fight E4). So, when I see that radical red will be added custom music in the future, I hope that it will have pre battle mugshot and added new rival (maybe green, may, daisy, bill, since they already have ovw sprites and battle sprites. For bill and daisy, I see their battle sprites on Fame Checker). Well, that was what I'd like to say. Thank you for making the game :)

Years
    Both radical red and the last FR have the same features, but radical red seems more...balance...rather than the last FR.

- Radical Red :
    Still able to do link battle and trade (which make it better than the last FR for me),
    Have smoother graphic (FR original graphic),
    And we can go to johto region? (Idk about it, since I see on the SS that there was johto leader)

- The Last FR :
    A lot of rival/specific trainers (like Ritchie, Tracey, N, Team M&A, etc),
    Z moves (although I'm not too care about this since I more likely to add items and mega stones rather than z crystal),
    Dynamax (I'm not too care too XD).

Both "Link battle" and "a lot of rival" have same point for me. But for "a lot of rival", it will be equal to "link battle" if each rival/specific trainers have their own BGM and have pre battle mugshot (like before we fight E4). So, when I see that radical red will be added custom music in the future, I hope that it will have pre battle mugshot and added new rival (maybe green, may, daisy, bill, since they already have ovw sprites and battle sprites. For bill and daisy, I see their battle sprites on Fame Checker). Well, that was what I'd like to say. Thank you for making the game :)

What is Last FR? And this is first and foremost a difficulty hack I suppose, so why would the creator add new rivals to the game that make custom BGM and Mugshots?

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    What is Last FR? And this is first and foremost a difficulty hack I suppose, so why would the creator add new rivals to the game that make custom BGM and Mugshots?

There was a Fire Red hack called The Last Fire Red (FR means Fire Red), which have a similar features like radical red. But the last FR seems quite buggy for me. For the custom BGM, I saw it in the future update that the creator want to add, and I was hoping that there will be a pre battle mugshot for specific trainers. And...what is battle on discord mean? Can we do online battles? There was a Pokemon game that can do that? Sorry I'm new in pokecommunity so don't know much...I just giving suggestion to the creator because the game is good.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2023
    I may have found a bug, after using sweet scent to encounter pokemon every wild battle is a double battle.
    Is there a way to turn off exp share?

Years
    I may have found a bug, after using sweet scent to encounter pokemon every wild battle is a double battle.
    Is there a way to turn off exp share?

ah, I see the problem. This will be fixed in the next patch. There is no way to turn off the exp share, the level curve is built around it so there isn't any reason to turn it off.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    There is no way to turn off the exp share, the level curve is built around it so there isn't any reason to turn it off.

Doesn't the EXP share also give EV's to the entire party? (Unwanted ATK to Budew or Abra, for instance) If so, that may be reason to not make it forced.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    I'm using dexnav function but when I'm on other pokemon wild battle, the counter didn't reset, I try resetting game and the counter didn't reset too,
    But the effect are gone
    This confuse me, are the dexnav function still broken?

Years
    Just a quick announcement, with Leon's new CFRU base I will be restarting the hack (This is not as bad as it seems as all scripts are already written, and many things can easily be copied over). Obviously, this will still take a lot of time, but I feel it's necessary to do this given a lot of the pesky bugs (Options menu) and lack of emulator compatibility.

Outside of that, expect a lot of new features in the next update, which will be massive. And of course, saves will not be compatible, but don't hesitate to play the latest version anyway!

Love y'all.

Back