• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Hi idk if this is a bug or i'm doing something wrong but my menu looks like this can't access my bag or anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-091119_Pizza Boy GBA Pro.jpg
      Screenshot_20200829-091119_Pizza Boy GBA Pro.jpg
      148.4 KB · Views: 22
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Hi there,
    I have been playing this on Visual Boy Advance - M (latest release from the github) and the game has been working fine for me so far. I have been enjoying what I have played so far and am very excited to see that even with a restart to the project this will get better. I do have just one sort of request. Is it possible that if you can to make it possible to play on a 3DS via GBA Virtual Console (through CFW and converting the patched .gba file to a .cia for install) so that I would be able to play this on the go? I very much enjoyed my time with an Emerald version of this (Theta Emerald Renev) so I'm super keen to jump back into these big upgraded games!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Just a quick announcement, with Leon's new CFRU base I will be restarting the hack (This is not as bad as it seems as all scripts are already written, and many things can easily be copied over). Obviously, this will still take a lot of time, but I feel it's necessary to do this given a lot of the pesky bugs (Options menu) and lack of emulator compatibility.

Outside of that, expect a lot of new features in the next update, which will be massive. And of course, saves will not be compatible, but don't hesitate to play the latest version anyway!

Love y'all.

oh saw your post but.....why your hack is going great

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Hi idk if this is a bug or i'm doing something wrong but my menu looks like this can't access my bag or anything?

on your up down right left button......press left to go back to normal menu and if u want to access it back press right (this was also my problem but i solved it)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just finished beating the Elite 4 last night and honestly, this is truly the best difficulty mod I've ever played when it comes to Fire Red enhancement hacks. I was always very iffy about playing ROM hack with expanded pokedexes because of how cluttered up routes end up getting and how certain Pokémon feel out of place, but Radical red didn't make me feel that even once during my play through.

The soft level cap was my favourite feature as it kept me on my toes, and the nature changer in the each and every Pokémon center was much appreciated. Radical Red really took me back to .y teens when I would sit for hours and actually breed for perfect IV Pokémon, and that's exactly what I did and found myself immersed for hours. A total of 55 hours clocked in upon entering the hall of fame!
    Thank you so much for this wonderful hack! Can't wait for the next major update!

My team:

Attachments

• radical-red-v1.8_1598722376110.png
      radical-red-v1.8_1598722376110.png
      13 KB · Views: 39
    Years
  • I just finished beating the Elite 4 last night and honestly, this is truly the best difficulty mod I've ever played when it comes to Fire Red enhancement hacks. I was always very iffy about playing ROM hack with expanded pokedexes because of how cluttered up routes end up getting and how certain Pokémon feel out of place, but Radical red didn't make me feel that even once during my play through.

The soft level cap was my favourite feature as it kept me on my toes, and the nature changer in the each and every Pokémon center was much appreciated. Radical Red really took me back to .y teens when I would sit for hours and actually breed for perfect IV Pokémon, and that's exactly what I did and found myself immersed for hours. A total of 55 hours clocked in upon entering the hall of fame!
    Thank you so much for this wonderful hack! Can't wait for the next major update!

My team:

Hey, thank you for your kind words! I know you were really excited about it so I'm glad it lived up to your expectations. Difficulty first and foremost was what I tried to focus on in this hack so I am glad so many of you feel that it's been well made in that aspect (well, aside from the scrubs complaining that it's too hard). There was definitely a lot of thought put into the Wild Pokemon locations; while it's impossible to not make the game feel crowded when including all Pokemon from Gens 1-7 I think me and my partner did the best we could.

I hope you do give it a retry when I remake the game with 2.0; it won't have post game just yet but I assure you it will have some new surprises along with even more polish.

I know some people are surprised about my decision to restart the game, given that many of you hold a high opinion of the hack, but this project was started when I was a complete novice at ROM hacking and I see so soo many things I could have easily done better that were somewhat irreversible. The incompatibility with emulators outside of VBA is a huge problem as I know so many of you enjoy playing on 3DS and other emulators, and to me, it's a huge problem seeing a huge demographic not being able to play the game because of amateur issues on my end. Although that is my main desire for the restart, the game will most definitely have significant improvements over V1.11a; I'm sure it will be noticeable quickly.

2.0 will be worth the wait, and it'll be just as difficult - if not harder - so don't yall worry :) Always strive for perfection.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • I only have a suggestion since the game as it is is very, very good: change the in-game trades.

It's something that irks me, since nobody (or a very little number of creators) does this unless is a hack with another story.

Gotta be waiting for 2.0

Years
  • I only have a suggestion since the game as it is is very, very good: change the in-game trades.

It's something that irks me, since nobody (or a very little number of creators) does this unless is a hack with another story.

Gotta be waiting for 2.0

Yes, this is planned as well :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    So I get that this isn't exactly high priority right now, but I figure it's still worth noting: I got Hondew Berries from a raid, and they have the ? sprite, the Sapphire's description, and crash on use.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    Is life orb available anywhere in game? Looked at the documentation and didn't see it anywhere, am really looking forward to using sheer force Nidoking. Also, seems like a very well made hack so far, really liking the features in this one.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Is life orb available anywhere in game? Looked at the documentation and didn't see it anywhere, am really looking forward to using sheer force Nidoking. Also, seems like a very well made hack so far, really liking the features in this one.

i think there's an Item location at the 1st thread

Years
  • Is life orb available anywhere in game? Looked at the documentation and didn't see it anywhere, am really looking forward to using sheer force Nidoking. Also, seems like a very well made hack so far, really liking the features in this one.

sorry about that, the items location doc has been updated. it is indeed obtainable

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2022
    Just beat the elite 4, man this hack was awesome, probably my favourite to ever play. Difficulty is amazing, I can't wait for the next update and for post-game content. Thank you for making this hack!

My team:

20200831_102248.jpg

Back