• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2020
    hi, excuse me, is there any way to get the HM waterfall in the future? and will it be soon? to know if I will abandon my physical swampert,

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2021
    hi, excuse me, is there any way to get the HM waterfall in the future? and will it be soon? to know if I will abandon my physical swampert,

Waterfall isn't in the game. But there is a move tutor in saffron that can teach liquidation which is the same base power as waterfall, just minus the flinch chance.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2021
    How does one end up in the hall of fame above? Do we post our Hall of Fame team from the hack or is there some other criteria?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Hi,
    Does Blastoise has any access to shell smash?
    I use it with Polteageist and it was pretty powerful,
    If not, which other pokemon you can recommend for shell smash? (Tried cloyster with skill link but it's a bit too slow)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Hi,
    Does Blastoise has any access to shell smash?
    I use it with Polteageist and it was pretty powerful,
    If not, which other pokemon you can recommend for shell smash? (Tried cloyster with skill link but it's a bit too slow)

I dont recall if Blastoise learns Shell Smash or not (havent checked the documents in awhile). It might still be slow, but try out a Magcargo. It can get Simple for its ability and learns No Retreat. Sadly, No Retreat is a one time use move, so you could supplement it with Stockpile for defenses.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    Hey! Assuming you're using a CFW 3DS, it's pretty simple, you just got to be careful about certain steps.
    From my experience, the best way to play with all the features (RTC, etc) on the 3DS is using Virtual Console. Unfortunately I can't post links yet, but you should find everything with Google. Here's how I did it :

1 - Download NSUI (New Super Ultimate Injector 3DS). You'll find what you need in the first link when searching for "New Super Ultimate Injector" (digiex.net forum thread).

2 - Follow the tutorial linked in the thread, without worrying about step 4. You're just going to need the patched .gba.
    For Radical Red, NSUI shouldn't recognise the game, so you'll have to import an image for the game icon & banner (for ex, you can use the banner on the description of the ROMHack). Also important : be sure to select "Flash 1MB (Macronix, ID 0x09C2) + RTC" in the save-type drop-down menu (bottom right). If you don't, RTC won't work and you'll be sticking with night the whole game.

3 - Export as CIA, and transfer it to your 3DS SD-card.

4 - Install with FBI or any other CIA installers

5 - Unwrap and enjoy!

Notes:
    - If you did everything right, you shouldn't get a warning after the title screen. If you want to double-check, you'll have to compare the experience during daytime and nighttime (wild encouters, raid resets, etc.)
    - Because you'll most likely need it, soft reset for VC is : SELECT+START+A+B. Cheers!

Wonderful advice, really! I tried this with Pokémon Unbound, as I was not even able to make it run in gbarunner2 via TWL and it works like miracle. Thank you very much!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I think I'm starting to really get the hang of Pokemon Radical Red. I've already put 4 teams into the Hall of Fame, with a Fire type team as my latest conquest. My one regret was not farming out a second Choice Scarf to make Darmanitan much better.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hi!
    Is anyone else having issues with the nerds in Saffron?
    I can only find 5 nerds at the fan club and I have no way of changing the regular abilities by using the pills.
    Any help is much appreciated! :D
    I run it on VBA and patched it to the Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)'s rom.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2022
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to get Aurora Veil on Alolan Ninetales.

EDIT: Never mind, it wasn't showing up at the Cerulean City move tutor for some reason

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    I hope this question hasn't been asked before

Does anyone know how to check Pumpkaboo sizes? I don't see it in the summary and i haven't seen an npc that tells you, i'm currently at Koga's gym

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Hi!
    Is anyone else having issues with the nerds in Saffron?
    I can only find 5 nerds at the fan club and I have no way of changing the regular abilities by using the pills.
    Any help is much appreciated! :D
    I run it on VBA and patched it to the Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)'s rom.

There's only supposed to be five nerds at the fan club. To change abilities, you need to go to the top right Nerd with Bottle Caps. Bottle Caps are a rare item held by Trubbih and Sandyghast (more common on Pallosand and Garbodor). Make sure to use a Pokemon that has Frisk as its ability and that it knows Thief. A good choice for that is Farfetched.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    I'm doing a poison monotype AND not evolving my bulbasaur. Still stuck in Brock's gym because the game doesnt allow me to overlevel my mons

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I'm doing a poison monotype AND not evolving my bulbasaur. Still stuck in Brock's gym because the game doesnt allow me to overlevel my mons

Grab a few Weedles/Cascoons to give yourself some cannon fodder. Evolve them into Beedrill/Dustox. Twinneedle hits twice and hits better than Fury Attack, and Dustox learns Confusion and Gust, if I recall. It's better than ramming a Bulbasuar into his team over and over again.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Thought I'd drop a small suggestion that popped into my head while I was mulling over what team I should use for my next playthrough. Since Radical Red is a difficulty hack which is based on competitive strategies, don't you think it would be great to remove several of the 'Neutral' natures and only keep one so that when the player soft resets for a desirable nature, it won't be too much of a hassle?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Thought I'd drop a small suggestion that popped into my head while I was mulling over what team I should use for my next playthrough. Since Radical Red is a difficulty hack which is based on competitive strategies, don't you think it would be great to remove several of the 'Neutral' natures and only keep one so that when the player soft resets for a desirable nature, it won't be too much of a hassle?

There's not much of a reason for that since you can change Natures at any Pokemon center for 7500 PokeDollars. A couple of PickUp Zigzagoons and you should easily have that money.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2020
    Nice rom, had fun winning the game with a full bug monotype, the fist half of the game was a nightmare with butterfly as a only sweeper since beedrill without drillrun and mega was useless :/.

Spoiler:

Only beedrill, volcarona and scizor were perfect, the other 3 had random ivs and meh moveset.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    There's only supposed to be five nerds at the fan club. To change abilities, you need to go to the top right Nerd with Bottle Caps. Bottle Caps are a rare item held by Trubbih and Sandyghast (more common on Pallosand and Garbodor). Make sure to use a Pokemon that has Frisk as its ability and that it knows Thief. A good choice for that is Farfetched.

Thanks but what I'm trying to do is to change the REGULAR abilities using the Ability Pill item, not the hidden ability.
    I saw on some youtube videos that some people can find 7 nerds at the fan club (2 left, 2 right an 3 on top) so I thought that maybe one of the 2 nerds I'm missing would offer to change the regular abilities.
    If that's not the case, can anyone tell me how to change abilities? (again, NOT hidden abilities).
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Thanks but what I'm trying to do is to change the REGULAR abilities using the Ability Pill item, not the hidden ability.
    I saw on some youtube videos that some people can find 7 nerds at the fan club (2 left, 2 right an 3 on top) so I thought that maybe one of the 2 nerds I'm missing would offer to change the regular abilities.
    If that's not the case, can anyone tell me how to change abilities? (again, NOT hidden abilities).
    Thanks!

One of the five nerds sells ability pills and different berries. If you had talked to al of them, you would have known

Back