• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
  • the pokemon that i was ev training evolved, and now the macho brace i had on it is gone. it's not in my bag or on other pokemon, and i even checked the pokemon in my pc to see if the macho brace had somehow gone there. is there any way i can get it back, or get another one?

Personally, I dont see a reason for the Macho Brace to exist. You can just as easily max out EVs with Vitamins without having to lower a Pokemon's speed. Even so, maxing out EVs and IVs doesnt seem to do much of anything in the long run, since the boss fights all have "optimal" spreads where they always outspeed you and usually one shot you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Personally, I dont see a reason for the Macho Brace to exist. You can just as easily max out EVs with Vitamins without having to lower a Pokemon's speed. Even so, maxing out EVs and IVs doesnt seem to do much of anything in the long run, since the boss fights all have "optimal" spreads where they always outspeed you and usually one shot you.

Vitamins are incredibly expensive. Macho Brace is efficient because it can go past 100 EV's in a particular stat. In fact, it's more useful in this hack than the vanilla games, since it's 4x EV, not just 2. The boss fights are meant to be competitive. My Timid Butterfree (Non-mega) was the star of my first run with Compoundeyes and Sleep Powder almost never missing. Pokemon like that don't see much competitive play, so I at least enjoy the changes to the weaker pokes. It's all about finding a team that can get the job done. If people can do solo type challenges of every type, I'm sure there's something more on your part you could be doing.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Vitamins are incredibly expensive. Macho Brace is efficient because it can go past 100 EV's in a particular stat. In fact, it's more useful in this hack than the vanilla games, since it's 4x EV, not just 2. The boss fights are meant to be competitive. My Timid Butterfree (Non-mega) was the star of my first run with Compoundeyes and Sleep Powder almost never missing. Pokemon like that don't see much competitive play, so I at least enjoy the changes to the weaker pokes. It's all about finding a team that can get the job done. If people can do solo type challenges of every type, I'm sure there's something more on your part you could be doing.

Vitamins in this hack can take you all the way to 252 for a single stat. I've been trying out every Pokemon I can for mono-type runs, and alot of them just cant get the job done. I mean, stuff like Steel/Ice/Psychic/Fairy/Dragon just arent possible anymore. Dragon specifically since you cant get any before Brock unless you get SUPER lucky with the Pewter Egg Vendor. Even still, Speed is a constant issue when I make teams (I always go for Speed positive natures, no Macho Brace, maxed out IVs, 252 Speed EVs) and the Gym Leaders can STILL outspeed me. The last four or so times I've loaded up this game, I couldn't even make it past MISTY.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Vitamins in this hack can take you all the way to 252 for a single stat. I've been trying out every Pokemon I can for mono-type runs, and alot of them just cant get the job done. I mean, stuff like Steel/Ice/Psychic/Fairy/Dragon just arent possible anymore. Dragon specifically since you cant get any before Brock unless you get SUPER lucky with the Pewter Egg Vendor. Even still, Speed is a constant issue when I make teams (I always go for Speed positive natures, no Macho Brace, maxed out IVs, 252 Speed EVs) and the Gym Leaders can STILL outspeed me. The last four or so times I've loaded up this game, I couldn't even make it past MISTY.

Good to know about the vitamins. However, they're still nearly 10000 Poke each. Soup tends to favor the offensive stats for sure. There's a user who posted a team he beat the E4 with for each mono type challenge. I'm sure he didn't just start with those team members but types like Fairy and Steel are actually a bit easier due to the few weaknesses. Ice would definitely be more difficult but if you go back a little further in this thread, you'll see the team he used.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Good to know about the vitamins. However, they're still nearly 10000 Poke each. Soup tends to favor the offensive stats for sure. There's a user who posted a team he beat the E4 with for each mono type challenge. I'm sure he didn't just start with those team members but types like Fairy and Steel are actually a bit easier due to the few weaknesses. Ice would definitely be more difficult but if you go back a little further in this thread, you'll see the team he used.

I had been doing that awhile back. But I ended up abusing save states for Flinch chances at the end cause I was just so tired of trying to do things legit. The price is no issue since I use a Gameshark code to make anything in shops cost 1 dollar. I turn it on, buy tons of Vitamins, turn the code off, sell them back, and repeat until I'm stocked up. Steel type isnt possible since the only one you can get before Brock, excluding the Pewter Egg Vendor, is Alolan Sandshrew.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Hello. HELP PLSSS

I am using macbook air m1 and running OpenEmu.

When I press START and navigate the menu UP and DOWN it freezes a few seconds before responding. It only happens when in the START menu. I have no idea why this is the case. There is no lag/freezing when running around. It only happens in the START menu.

Any way to solve this? What could be the problem? Thank you in advance.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello. HELP PLSSS

I am using macbook air m1 and running OpenEmu.

When I press START and navigate the menu UP and DOWN it freezes a few seconds before responding. It only happens when in the START menu. I have no idea why this is the case. There is no lag/freezing when running around. It only happens in the START menu.

Any way to solve this? What could be the problem? Thank you in advance.

Is your setting set on LR or L=A? If so, set it to 'Help' and it's been reported to not happen anymore. I thought they fixed this in the most recent version.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    Hey does anyone know where/when/how I could teach my shuckle infestation? I know that it's removed as his egg move last gen but I really need it. Thank you for the response.♥️

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Hello, i have two question :

1) I want to do a living dex, how many box are in the PC?

2) pokemon evolving with stone, can they still learn move with the move relearner ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I like your team at the league jk
    Is there a suggestion on beating the e4

Hello, i have two question :

1) I want to do a living dex, how many box are in the PC?

2) pokemon evolving with stone, can they still learn move with the move relearner ?

1. There's 24 or 25 boxes.

2. Pokemon that evolve with stones can still use the relearner, yes. Keep in mind some level up moves were designed for pre-evos only though. (Shroomish with Spore, for example)

Edit: My bad, didn't mean to quote that first comment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Thank you! Guess i cannot make my living dex 😅 is there a way to expand the boxes?

Years
  • Where do I begin with how I feel about Radical Red? Quite honestly, with all the restrictions and difficulty changes, it feels like soupercell doesnt want anyone to actually play the hack. I get that they want this hack to be difficult, but it just feels TOO difficult. I want to enjoy this ROM hack for all the good features it has, but overall, I cant really enjoy Radical Red anymore. I mean, no matter how I build a Pokemon, the enemy always seems to outspeed and one shot my Pokemon. I have to rely on pure dumb luck to get past any Gym leader, and that's after having to fight them about 20 times over.

Soupercell, you've essentially made the Dark Souls 2 of Pokemon ROM hacks- alot of folks hate it, but the few that dont can enjoy it. I am not one that can enjoy this.

If you really think RR is hard during a regular playthrough then you must suck at pokemon then.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    If you really think RR is hard during a regular playthrough then you must suck at pokemon then.

I sense an argument arising.

In all fairness, Pokemon doesn't require skill. It's not a first person shooter that requires practice to master. It's literally just strategy and on the rare occasion, luck with accuracy, effect chances, and type matchups.

Some people enjoy just a normal playthrough while having access to all Pokemon currently available in one version and there aren't many hacks that offer that.

RR is awesome. But, it's upset a few people with its difficulty. With that said, Soup even mentioned that it's not for everyone. I "sucked" at my first playthrough, despite playing Pokemon avidly since the release of Red version. I've never gotten into the competitive scene due to seeing how obnoxious people are online (Showdown, anyone?)

Make ROM hacks, not pointless arguments.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I want to enjoy this ROM hack for all the good features it has, but overall, I cant really enjoy Radical Red anymore.
    If you want to play the hack for its features then you're playing it for the wrong reason. RR is a difficulty hack, not a feature showcase. If you want to experience features without worrying about difficulty, you'd be better off playing The Last Fire Red or Unbound on easy mode.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • If you want to play the hack for its features then you're playing it for the wrong reason. RR is a difficulty hack, not a feature showcase. If you want to experience features without worrying about difficulty, you'd be better off playing The Last Fire Red or Unbound on easy mode.

I've tried Unbound and it just plays way too slow for me. I might try Last Fire Red, but Radical Red just has its hooks in me and wont let me go. Doesnt really matter since I view beating Erika as the end of the hack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2021
    The "Wild Pokemon Location" doc doesn't seem to be there. Where can I find it?

Also the discord sever is "read only" for me. How do I access it?

Back