• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Yeah, anytime I do a run, I just train up Bulbasaur to catch a few Pokemon for early game (Sentret for Frisk/Thief later, Tentacool from Pallet Town Old Rod for Clear Body) and then I just release the starter.

true bulbasaur only good for catching pokemon with sleep powder until you get someone with false swipe.
    brock gym
    geodude - wooloo with copycat
    vulpix - chinchou
    onix - goldeen
    easy win its sad bulbasaur only good at catching pokemon in the beginning

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • true bulbasaur only good for catching pokemon with sleep powder until you get someone with false swipe.
    brock gym
    geodude - wooloo with copycat
    vulpix - chinchou
    onix - goldeen
    easy win its sad bulbasaur only good at catching pokemon in the beginning

The only one of those three you listed that are worth the effort is Chinchou. Goldeen has nothing going for it besides Aqua Jet and Wooloo? Way too weak. If I'm not doing a theme run, then I usually have Phanpy, Budew/Roselia, Tentacool, Poochyena, Mankey, and Sentret/Furret before Brock.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The only one of those three you listed that are worth the effort is Chinchou. Goldeen has nothing going for it besides Aqua Jet and Wooloo? Way too weak. If I'm not doing a theme run, then I usually have Phanpy, Budew/Roselia, Tentacool, Poochyena, Mankey, and Sentret/Furret before Brock.

I think Wooloo is a good alternative because of its ability, of course facing Vulpix could be an issue. I was able to win with just a Timid LV15 Butterfree. Sleep Powder was crucial and I lucked out keeping them asleep. Its ability makes it almost never miss and I never had to use save states.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I think Wooloo is a good alternative because of its ability, of course facing Vulpix could be an issue. I was able to win with just a Timid LV15 Butterfree. Sleep Powder was crucial and I lucked out keeping them asleep. Its ability makes it almost never miss and I never had to use save states.

Wooloo doesnt have that great of a movepool to use in this ROM hack. Double Kick and Headbutt are about the only decent things you can get early for it, but after Brock, it just doesnt hold up for me. As far as Butterfree, you're only really looking at an 80-ish precent chance of Sleep Powder hitting when using Compound Eyes. And even THAT barely works for me. Best case for me against Brock is Clear Body Tentacool and spamming Water Gun or Water Pulse (cause I forget if it learns that early enough).

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Wooloo doesnt have that great of a movepool to use in this ROM hack. Double Kick and Headbutt are about the only decent things you can get early for it, but after Brock, it just doesnt hold up for me. As far as Butterfree, you're only really looking at an 80-ish precent chance of Sleep Powder hitting when using Compound Eyes. And even THAT barely works for me. Best case for me against Brock is Clear Body Tentacool and spamming Water Gun or Water Pulse (cause I forget if it learns that early enough).

Sleep Powders accuracy with Compound Eyes is 97.5, not 80ish. If you press L and look at the accuracy update, it will say that. I'm post E4 and still use it constantly. During this entire playthrough, I've missed only four times.

Years
  • I don't know if this is the right place to give some feedback, but this particular issue was a bit odd so I figured I'd say something. Why is the level balance of the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town is so screwy? I went to Celadon first as I figured I was supposed to and went on to beat Erika and then Giovani, both fights were rather hard and had levels consistent with the level cap for those spots. Then I went to the Pokemon Tower only to find the levels on trainers to be a bit off, with their numbers being nearly ten levels below Giovani for the Medium trainers at around 37 then the Rocket Grunts at five levels higher than that at the top, yet the wild pokemon, including the Marowak, were much higher level than the trainers, with the average of the wild pokemon being around level 46 and then the Marowak was a staggering level 58 and then from what I could tell had some extra on top of that. Only to get through the Marrowak to find the same comparitively low level trainers on the floor above. this seems like there was a mistake or something was forgotten here.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Sleep Powders accuracy with Compound Eyes is 97.5, not 80ish. If you press L and look at the accuracy update, it will say that. I'm post E4 and still use it constantly. During this entire playthrough, I've missed only four times.

I could have sworn Sleep Powder had 75 accuracy and Compound Eyes only gave a 10 percent boost. Either way, I can never get Status moves to work for me, be it they never hit or the opponent is able to get through it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I could have sworn Sleep Powder had 75 accuracy and Compound Eyes only gave a 10 percent boost. Either way, I can never get Status moves to work for me, be it they never hit or the opponent is able to get through it.

It has base 75% accuracy, but CE gives a whopping 30% boost. I gave my Butterfree a Wide Lens and its accuracy is now over 100%.

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat with moves, not just status. I will rarely use moves that aren't at least 95% because they miss so often. I can't tell you how many times I missed Rock Slide. Even though it only misses 10%, it feels like 25.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • It has base 75% accuracy, but CE gives a whopping 30% boost. I gave my Butterfree a Wide Lens and its accuracy is now over 100%.

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat with moves, not just status. I will rarely use moves that aren't at least 95% because they miss so often. I can't tell you how many times I missed Rock Slide. Even though it only misses 10%, it feels like 25.

Most of my runs never get past the Silph Co Rival fight. And if they do, the Tag Battle ends me. And if the stars align and I get past them and Giovanni, I just use a Gameshark code to pretty much skip Sabrina cause I cant stand Tag Battles. Honestly, Koga's a joke to me now cause I figured out a great way to sweep him.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    Can you still get Metronome (the item) in 2.2b? I am pretty sure I found it once in one of my other playthroughs after it was removed from chatot but I can't remember where and it isn't in any of the documentation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Can you still get Metronome (the item) in 2.2b? I am pretty sure I found it once in one of my other playthroughs after it was removed from chatot but I can't remember where and it isn't in any of the documentation.

It isn't a good idea to metronome in a difficulty hack like rr

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    You can just rename your pokemon in the Party menu, don't need the npc.

And yes jastolze was right I mean the item metronome which I am still looking for if anyone knows where it is.

Edit - You get it from the lady who gives you Alcremite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hi, I feel like this likely has been asked and answered already, but I've been trying to evolve my Alolan Rattata and it doesn't seem to be working. I've been leveling it up past Lv. 20 at night as it's supposed to, and the night time encounters seem to work just fine, but night time evolutions seem not to be working. As far as I can tell that's the only issue with the day/night cycle in the game, every other aspect besides evolution seems to be perfectly fine, and the daytime evolutions can't evolve at night (checked with my Budew).

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Is there any documentation about the kanto and johto gym leaders teams along with the main team rocket boss battles?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Is there any documentation about the kanto and johto gym leaders teams along with the main team rocket boss battles?
    The developers didn't intend on everyone studying the oppoents' teams without prior experience. Also, this game is not meant to be nuzlocked.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2021
    Radical red 2.2 dynamaxing and mega evolving

I am completely unaware of how to dynamax or mega evolve in radical red 2.2. The button that i used in the first version doesnt work?

Back