• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
  • Soup, I dont know who specifically designed the Seviian Forms, but you need to give them a raise. XD Seviian Wishiwashi is my favorite design of all of them. HOLY CRAP, THAT LOOKED AWESOME.
    I second this request as well! Seviian forms look awesome, and I would love to try some more of them early. As of now, we have access to two Seviian forms before elite 4 iirc. Could you please add some more of them before elite 4 ; )​

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2022
    This hackrom is super fun, and I'm a big fan of all the extended features.

However, I could do without the quirky 4th-wall-breaking. I know it's silly, but it really takes me out when I'm just trying to keep my mind off things.

Also:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Bruh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    Warning all randomized radical red players Using MyBoy if you start with a overqwil there is a game breaking glitch on the s. s. anne the first double battle has an(possibley) unattackable pokemon, for me it was a skiploom I could not attack it and had to give up on the run. So please be aware of this as you progress through the game.

Cornered gamer.
    (Beta)

Years
  • Radical Red v3.1 is here!
    Full Changelog
    Pastebin Version
    Really wanted to post a mini-update shortly before the release of Scarlet and Violet - notably, there's an updated DexNav screen, improved battle UI, some enhancements to Randomizer mode, some improvements to AI, and New Game Plus mode with interesting perks.

Here's a video made by a good friend of mine that showcases the significant changes!

Showcase of some of the QOL:
    Spoiler:

When playing on a New Game with a save that has defeated the Champion, you will play on New Game Plus.

The Nurse Aide in the Pokemon Center now has a new Mystery Gift option. There are quite a few codes to redeem for her when playing in New Game Plus, which include:
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately, I don't exactly the time to work on additional post-game content, at least not anytime in the near-future (or possibly ever). However, I understand many of you guys still want to play with many of the unobtainable Legendaries. So, similar to Pokemon Unbound, I'll be releasing Mystery Gift codes on a semi-regular basis in the coming months to circumvent this issue. To start, I am releasing a Ho-Oh code with a new signature ability Phoenix Down - fitting before The Day of the Dead.
    test-12.png

Code: RXIIqgh29
    Note this code can only be redeemed once you're Champion.

cheers everyone~

EDIT: Apologies, there was an issue with an early 3.1 beta that caused a teleport to SS Anne on a new game. Patch has been reuploaded that fixes this game-breaking bug.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Me- *Checks the changelog and sees more double battles added*
    Also me- *Internal rage face, deep breath, screams into the void*

Years
    • Seen today
    This hackrom is super fun, and I'm a big fan of all the extended features.

However, I could do without the quirky 4th-wall-breaking. I know it's silly, but it really takes me out when I'm just trying to keep my mind off things.

Also:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Bruh.

I completely agree. These 4th wall changes completely take me out of the experience. Keep hoping to see an update address this and make the text more in line with official releases. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Radical Red v3.1 is here!
    Full Changelog
    Pastebin Version
    Really wanted to post a mini-update shortly before the release of Scarlet and Violet - notably, there's an updated DexNav screen, improved battle UI, some enhancements to Randomizer mode, some improvements to AI, and New Game Plus mode with interesting perks.

Here's a video made by a good friend of mine that showcases the significant changes!

Showcase of some of the QOL:
    Spoiler:

When playing on a New Game with a save that has defeated the Champion, you will play on New Game Plus.

The Nurse Aide in the Pokemon Center now has a new Mystery Gift option. There are quite a few codes to redeem for her when playing in New Game Plus, which include:
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately, I don't exactly the time to work on additional post-game content, at least not anytime in the near-future (or possibly ever). However, I understand many of you guys still want to play with many of the unobtainable Legendaries. So, similar to Pokemon Unbound, I'll be releasing Mystery Gift codes on a semi-regular basis in the coming months to circumvent this issue. To start, I am releasing a Ho-Oh code with a new signature ability Phoenix Down - fitting before The Day of the Dead.
    test-12.png

Code: RXIIqgh29
    Note this code can only be redeemed once you're Champion.

cheers everyone~

EDIT: Apologies, there was an issue with an early 3.1 beta that caused a teleport to SS Anne on a new game. Patch has been reuploaded that fixes this game-breaking bug.

Love the surprise update! I always wanted updated battle UI!

Quick question though: How come the type icons in battle between the menu move select and ones beside the HP bar don't look similar? (different colors sometimes - for e.g. Ghost Type, Fighting type, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2023
    With the new 3.1 update I already got a lil bug (literally), because in the pokevial fight the shedinja with the HDBoots passes through sturdy on both skarmory and aron, so that means I can't get pokevial. And status moves get the stab icon for no reason. Also am I in the right place for bug reports?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    I created an account to report the same bug as the user above. In my case, I used Skarmory to set rocks (first Shedinja doesn't ignore Sturdy), switched to Gible for it to die and kill the first Shedinja and then, when only the last Shedinja with Heavy-Duty Boots was left, it ignored Fletchling's Focus Sash. It's impossible to beat the battle right now.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I created an account to report the same bug as the user above. In my case, I used Skarmory to set rocks (first Shedinja doesn't ignore Sturdy), switched to Gible for it to die and kill the first Shedinja and then, when only the last Shedinja with Heavy-Duty Boots was left, it ignored Fletchling's Focus Sash. It's impossible to beat the battle right now.
    The way I do it is start with Skarmory, set up Stealth Rocks and let Skarm faint. Swap to Aron, use Roar, then when it's the last Shedinja with HDBs, swap to Gible and sac it.
    EDIT- I wanna also mention that sometimes, when you use Roar on the second Shedinja, there is a chance that the Shedinja with the HDBs will be brought out. If that happens, just reset and try again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2022
    Idk if this has been asked yet, but is there an option to change the UI back to FireRed or is it permanently on Black/White for this update? I hope I'm not the only one, but I kinda hate Black and White's UI and design lol. It's so jarringly different from the rest of the game and makes it look like a bad knockoff. If there isn't an option, I'd like to suggest implementing one in a future update, thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    I like the BW UI but I sure hate the puzzle fights. Everyone just looks up the solutions online anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2023
    I do have to agree with Excalibur. But it's not like I hate the BW UI, it's just that it feels out of place (the BW menu UI, for some reason looks fine to me) and it's associated with bad GBA romhacks. And they also made the CFRU-based changes waaaay to much like unbound. I understand that Skeli is the one that worked on that stuff, but c'mon. I never thought I'd say that, but the new update is kinda not that good (damn I feel like one of those people that don't want to let go of the past). Guess I'll have to beat the game to find out if the update's good (Still waiting for RR Pokemon Showdown dex changes)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks a lot soup for another great update.
    It seems that the seviian code in NG+ doesnt give all of the forms since i tried it and im missing both S-blitzle and S-carnivine from the gift. Just a minor thing to note.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    Hi, i report a bug that give black screen when an egg is openig. (3.1 on 3DS)
    With other version it's all ok.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Hi, i report a bug that give black screen when an egg is openig. (3.1 on 3DS)
    With other version it's all ok.

Same here, the egg from the first town for $5000 causes a black screen when it's hatching. Not sure about other eggs as I haven't tested it but I'd assume they all have that problem.

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Thanks for the update; and I'd like to ask one thing, if it's possible to bring back the move Conversion to the porygon family. I see that Dark Hole have replaced it, but this way we lost one of the best z-moves, z-conversion, which ups all stats + the type change. Also, z-forest curse is not working properly (it's not enhancing all the stats). Yeah I like z moves. Thanks for the great hack.

Back