• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Reverse Version

Do you want all pokémon able to evolve without stones or trading?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    Pokémon Reverse Version [TitleScreen Updated!!]

Pokémon:
    ReverseVersion

Pokémon Reverse Version

Rom info:
    - This is a hack of: Pokémon FireRed
    - The hack name is: Pokémon Reverse
    - Awards: There are no awards yet
    - The hack's website: PKMN-Reverse.weebly.com

Staff:
    - Me: Everything
    - Version Five: Mapping
    - ironlucario: Graphics and mapping
    - monkeyboy: Beta tester
    - UltraXTheMagmaDrapion: Mapping, designing
    - Olli97??: Scripter (he isn't accepted yet)

::::: If you want more info, or join the staff, click here! :::::

Introduction:
    Spoiler:

Story:
    ::::: Still working on the story :::::

Known bugs:
    When healing your pokémon in East-Pallet Town, there appears a rock above Nurse Joy her head.
    The text messes up while presenting you the rival.
    The text messes up in the Viridian City store.
    The little girl in Pallet Town stays near Route 1 after visiting Prof. Oak.

Fixed - Half/Beïng fixed - Not fixed

FAQ's:
    Q: What do I have to do when I defeated my rival for the first time?
    A: Visit the store in Viridian City, or Snowpit Town and deliver the parcel.

No more FAQ's yet.

New features:
    - New pokémon (Hoenn pokémon, Sinnoh pokémon (with the spikey eared Pichu!!), there will also be Unova pokémon and fakémon)
    - New pokémon sprites for old pokémon
    - All legendaries can be caught
    - New palettes and tilesets
    - New introscreen
    - A new store (after beating the E4) where you can buy stuff that you can't buy in other marts
    -I'm also busy with making Pikachu as your folower!

Progress:
    Pallet Town: 99%
    Route 1 (part 1): 95%
    Route 1 (part 2): 100%
    Viridian City: 80%
    Palettes: 90%
    Tilesets: 30%

Progress until beta 1 will be released:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Media:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Downloads:
    ::::: Downloads comming soon;)! :::::
    ::::: (Beta 1 is planned for 2011) :::::​

Support this hack:

Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58267&d=1293472567[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://pkmn-reverse.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/0/4/4404834/6691309_orig.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://pkmn-reverse.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/0/4/4404834/1162927_orig.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://pkmn-reverse.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/0/4/4404834/9499159_orig.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://pkmn-reverse.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/0/4/4404834/7773766_orig.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58268&d=1293472567[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://pkmn-reverse.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/0/4/4404834/3896019_orig.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokémon Reverse Version

HTML:
    [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6355217"][IMG]https://pkmn-reverse.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/0/4/4404834/1646190_orig.png[/IMG][/URL]
    If you want the multibanner like in my signature, just PM me.​
    [/CENTER]

Last edited:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    That Pikachu's level is already changed =)

And I am still busy with my hack, it isn't easy alone.:)

Years
    I like the maps, they are really good. But please make it more challengeing and get rid of the capibility to buy Master balls and Rare candies and put the prices up in the marts. If you do this i will really look forward to this hack.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Urm...It doesn't seem a really good hack for me now. Palettes look very messy and mapping is very bad in some places. For example,you used the little bushes as a "blocking" tile. They aren't supposed to be like that. Put ledges,fences or any tile which look good in mass numbers. There are also lots of gameplay issues. We get a Lv.100 Pikachu? Really? And we can buy Master Balls,Rare Candies and stones in the first mart? Wild Legendary Pokemon appear in the grass? I see this hack seems now as a "we can do whatever we want" hack. The storyline seems not good,either. It's hard to understand,and it's a visible overhaul of Fire Red.
    After watching the videos,it was even worse. WE GET 100 MASTER BALLS AND PP MAXES AT THE BEGGINING OF THE GAME? Great. >_>
    Try to make the game more sensible,as i don't see more than a really weird,unsensible and crazy game now.

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    I like the maps, they are really good. But please make it more challengeing and get rid of the capibility to buy Master balls and Rare candies and put the prices up in the marts. If you do this i will really look forward to this hack.
    Thank you very much! I really like that you like it already a little bit. That items in the mart are only after you've beaten the elite four, but now I put it in Viridian City becouse I haven't tested it yet so far.

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    Urm...It doesn't seem a really good hack for me now. Palettes look very messy and mapping is very bad in some places. For example,you used the little bushes as a "blocking" tile. They aren't supposed to be like that. Put ledges,fences or any tile which look good in mass numbers. There are also lots of gameplay issues. We get a Lv.100 Pikachu? Really? And we can buy Master Balls,Rare Candies and stones in the first mart? Wild Legendary Pokemon appear in the grass? I see this hack seems now as a "we can do whatever we want" hack. The storyline seems not good,either. It's hard to understand,and it's a visible overhaul of Fire Red.
    After watching the videos,it was even worse. WE GET 100 MASTER BALLS AND PP MAXES AT THE BEGGINING OF THE GAME? Great. >_>
    Try to make the game more sensible,as i don't see more than a really weird,unsensible and crazy game now.
    1. Could you please tell me why the palettes look so messy, so I can try to fix it?
    2. I used that bushes becouse it is a maze, I can't put high trees in a maze :S
    3. I already told that you don't get a lvl 100 Pikachu, but that Pickachu must be strong already becouse it is Ash his old Pikachu.
    4.That items won't be available in the first mart, like I've already told.
    5. Most of the legendaries are only obtainable if you have Rock Smash.
    6. I'm still busy with the storyline, sorry for that. It isn't easy if you are alone.
    7. I know that the amount of Master Balls and PP Maxes is to high but I forgot to change that. Thanks for telling me this.
    8. You don't need to download the game if the beta version is ready...

Andrut

Years
    1. Could you please tell me why the palettes look so messy, so I can try to fix it?
    2. I used that bushes becouse it is a maze, I can't put high trees in a maze :S
    3. I already told that you don't get a lvl 100 Pikachu, but that Pickachu must be strong already becouse it is Ash his old Pikachu.
    4.That items won't be available in the first mart, like I've already told.
    5. Most of the legendaries are only obtainable if you have Rock Smash.
    6. I'm still busy with the storyline, sorry for that. It isn't easy if you are alone.
    7. I know that the amount of Master Balls and PP Maxes is to high but I forgot to change that. Thanks for telling me this.
    8. You don't need to download the game if the beta version is ready...
    Pokémon Reverse Version

Well,for example this one screen. The bushes are white (?),flowers look to sharp and the grass is blue-orange-green (?).
    2.Well,i'm pretty sure you could,but that would take more mapping. You could also use this tile:
    Pokémon Reverse Version

3. Remember,Pikachu lost to many weak rookie trainer's pokemon! It doesn't need to destroy everything of 1/12 of its hit.
    4.Well,you didn't tell it,but fine.
    5.It still seems stupid that you may catch legendaries in grass like Pidgeys. What's the change if just most are obtainable later?
    6.I understand,but you could think a more before pushing it in the PHwhatever.
    7.I don't really understand that. If you knew this,why would you put it? Well,whatever.
    8.I'm just ranting without mercy posting my constructive criticism to (hopefully) try to make the hack better and more engaging to play.
    EDIT:Also,i think Metapod23 needs credit for all of the Ash sprites.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Like xoax already said the palette are repulsive. Also there isn't much of a stroy. It doesn't matter that it's Ash's Pikachu. If you remember he lost to a lv 5 (assumed) Snivy. So starting with a Level 5 Pikachu won't kill anything. Also the legendaries in the Grass is a HUGE mistake as it lessens the value of all the other pokemon in the game. Why catch a Pidgey if i could just get a Moltres and fly with that! There seems to be a lot that needs to be changed. Good luck, I guess.

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    Like xoax already said the palette are repulsive. Also there isn't much of a stroy. It doesn't matter that it's Ash's Pikachu. If you remember he lost to a lv 5 (assumed) Snivy. So starting with a Level 5 Pikachu won't kill anything. Also the legendaries in the Grass is a HUGE mistake as it lessens the value of all the other pokemon in the game. Why catch a Pidgey if i could just get a Moltres and fly with that! There seems to be a lot that needs to be changed. Good luck, I guess.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean! Thank you very much for your information!
    PS: i didn't know that he lost to a lvl 5. :)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Maybe add the story to the top so people don't miss it...? I almost did. :P
    The story seems... Pretty short, in my opinion. All that it says is that Ash gives his Pikachu to Prof. Oak and then he starts a new adventure. Maybe talk about his "new" adventure, and the problems/events that occur...?

The tiles... Don't look that pretty. Maybe it's because the palettes don't match very well, or that they just don't look good in general. I dunno.. But I guess it's your choice on what you do with the hack. But maybe re-insert new ones to make this hack more appealing.

...Hm. Overall this hack could use some work, but you seem to be putting your effort into it. So, I wish you good luck.

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years

Pokémon Reverse Version

Well,for example this one screen. The bushes are white (?),flowers look to sharp and the grass is blue-orange-green (?).
    2.Well,i'm pretty sure you could,but that would take more mapping. You could also use this tile:
    Pokémon Reverse Version

3. Remember,Pikachu lost to many weak rookie trainer's pokemon! It doesn't need to destroy everything of 1/12 of its hit.
    5.It still seems stupid that you may catch legendaries in grass like Pidgeys. What's the change if just most are obtainable later?
    7.I don't really understand that. If you knew this,why would you put it? Well,whatever.
    8.I'm just ranting without mercy posting my constructive criticism to (hopefully) try to make the hack better and more engaging to play.
    I've been working for a new palette, so what do you think about this??

Maybe add the story to the top so people don't miss it...? I almost did. :P
    The story seems... Pretty short, in my opinion. All that it says is that Ash gives his Pikachu to Prof. Oak and then he starts a new adventure. Maybe talk about his "new" adventure, and the problems/events that occur...?

The tiles... Don't look that pretty. Maybe it's because the palettes don't match very well, or that they just don't look good in general. I dunno.. But I guess it's your choice on what you do with the hack. But maybe re-insert new ones to make this hack more appealing.

...Hm. Overall this hack could use some work, but you seem to be putting your effort into it. So, I wish you good luck.
    Is it okay now? I moved the introduction. :)

Would maybe a lvl 25 Pikachu be okay?

Pokémon Reverse Version

Pokémon Reverse Version

That previous one wasn't good, I know. But what do you think about this??

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrut

Years
    Well,i suggest sticking to old FR palette with tile adjustments,as palette edits don't look very good. I mean,something like this (here,it's Emerald but something lookalike):
    Spoiler:

If you don't like GameFreak palettes,here are mine suggestions to this one:
    -Make the pink flowers a bit less light and contrastive,tone down they colours the bit.
    -Edit the original FR grass to match the colours of the new one and replace it instead the new one as it's the only tall grass in the game,or just delete it and leave the old grass.
    -Edit the red flowers' inner part. (the one between the petals) to a bright yellow one.
    -Delete the flower in water.
    Would maybe a lvl 25 Pikachu be okay?
    Well,i think it shouldn't be better than ordinary Pokemon,as Ash lost to many rookie trainers when his adventure begins the second time.

I see your mapping isn't that great and you have a hard time working alone,so i could help you with mapping in my spare time if you really want to.
    @down
    Well would lv 25 bo okay then or lv 5??
    Well,i meant Lv.5,as i think there wouldn't be any fun of the game playing with an overpowered Pokemon.

Last edited:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    Well,i suggest sticking to old FR palette with tile adjustments,as palette edits don't look very good. I mean,something like this (here,it's Emerald but something lookalike):
    Spoiler:

If you don't like GameFreak palettes,here are mine suggestions to this one:
    -Make the pink flowers a bit less light and contrastive,tone down they colours the bit.
    -Edit the original FR grass to match the colours of the new one and replace it instead the new one as it's the only tall grass in the game,or just delete it and leave the old grass.
    -Edit the red flowers' inner part. (the one between the petals) to a bright yellow one.
    -Delete the flower in water.

Well,i think it shouldn't be better than ordinary Pokemon,as Ash lost to many rookie trainers when his adventure begins the second time.

I see your mapping isn't that great and you have a hard time working alone,so i could help you with mapping in my spare time if you really want to.
    Well would lv 25 be okay then or lv 5??

I'll try to do my best with the mapping and if you would like to help, then you may help from me.

I like the palette now, is it really that bad??

Are these flowers better for you, or not??

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrut

Years
    I like the palette now, is it really that bad??
    If you like it,use it right now. xD Is my opinion that important?
    Well,first i think you should hear more opinions,then decide for yourself.
    Pokémon Reverse Version

Just tone down the purple colour a bit,as the outlines are a bit too dark.
    @Down that ones are much better.
    @Down Down That ones look quite good too.

Last edited:

Dylanimus

as seen on YouTube
    Years
    If you like it,use it right now. xD Is my opinion that important?
    Well,first i think you should hear more opinions,then decide for yourself.
    Pokémon Reverse Version

Just tone down the purple colour a bit,as the outlines are a bit too dark.
    Here are the new flowers :D

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    Palettes and mapping are really bad. Also...why have a level 1000 pokemon and 80 master balls from the start? Just makes the whole thing pretty pointless tbh :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back