• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Another hack by DJG, another potentially great one.:happy:
    Well, a few stuff I'd like to ask:

• If you planned on adding a bunch of rivals, maybe try to balance the gender ratio?
    • Don't put Double Team on every Pokemon we face please, there are ways to annoy us other than evasion hax you know.:P
    Anyway, good luck.:wink:

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Am I the only active mapper except for DJG!? Everyone else is inactive :/
    But so far, great work with the scripting man! Everything's looking greeeat!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Am I the only active mapper except for DJG!? Everyone else is inactive :/
    But so far, great work with the scripting man! Everything's looking greeeat!

I'll be help you soon! :)
    Unfortunately, I've got my own problem to deal with first before I join. Can't wait for the beta though :)

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Omg I can't wait for the beta to come out! I loved Life of Guardians, so I hope this one will be just as good (but who are we kidding, it WILL be just as good as the others). ^^

Also, do we know if the Kalos trio will be obtainable / be our starters this time around? I'm just curious.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    do we know if the Kalos trio will be obtainable / be our starters this time around? I'm just curious.

I really love to have them in the hack, but eh, I can't.
    If there's a way to increase the number of PKMN in a Ruby ROM, then I might reconsider. :P

Another hack by DJG, another potentially great one.:happy:
    Well, a few stuff I'd like to ask:

• If you planned on adding a bunch of rivals, maybe try to balance the gender ratio?
    • Don't put Double Team on every Pokemon we face please, there are ways to annoy us other than evasion hax you know.:P
    Anyway, good luck.:wink:

The rivals are usually the people who have helped me with my hack, and most of them so far are males. :P
    I'll try and add female rivals when I can. ;)

And as for the Double Team, yeah, I will not put that move in every battle this time around. ;)
    (except for that one gym leader... >.>)

Plz hurry with this im dieing of suspense. Must play XD

I don't want to rush this thing, because this hack is big. ;)
    But I plan to release a beta before November. Because I'm gonna get myself Omega Ruby and that will definitely eat all of my spare time. ^_^

man,I Think my Heart Skipped a beat... Psych XD . At least there's some Progress, I wanna see some Screenshots.:|

No screenshots for you. :P

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Girls, start helping DJG!
    Or not...
    That won't happen... so...
    Males who help DJG, change your gender!

... o.o

Ahem... Anyway...
    I think I'll just recycle the two female rivals from SkyLine. :3

Are you going to be adding mega evos?

Nope. I wanted to, and I have a plan of how to put that into the game (evolution via stone! huzah for creativeness!), but eh, I already replaced a lot of 'mons in the game already. =/

I updated the F.A.Q. for these questions though~ :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you need help with your hack pm me and this wil be a great hack...and i have ideas of mega evolution..i have mega evolution in my hack.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Okay hmm.. The tiles are good, the font is good, and also the mapping is good.. the plotline seems to be unrevealingimo.. kinda new way to get a new starter, that's good and also the fakemon's sprite is great..

And also since people found a way to expand the dex in Emerald, I'm sure there will be someone to to port it over to ruby sooo.. we might find ourselves some Mega Evolutions and other 'mons right? Anyways, Good Luck!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Okay hmm.. The tiles are good, the font is good, and also the mapping is good.. the plotline seems to be unrevealingimo.. kinda new way to get a new starter, that's good and also the fakemon's sprite is great..

And also since people found a way to expand the dex in Emerald, I'm sure there will be someone to to port it over to ruby sooo.. we might find ourselves some Mega Evolutions and other 'mons right? Anyways, Good Luck!

Expanding on Ruby.. really really bad lol
    If you do megas djg, don't go nuts with it. X/Y emphasized it a little too much, to the point where it's just "AHHH SHUT UP"
    If you include them, keep them there and reference them a little, not too much. :)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Expanding on Ruby.. really really bad lol
    If you do megas djg, don't go nuts with it. X/Y emphasized it a little too much, to the point where it's just "AHHH SHUT UP"
    If you include them, keep them there and reference them a little, not too much. :)

turns out that emerald is just as broken as ruby was... you could actually use Ksiazek's method on emerald too.. and I was like wut? So it maybe not that hard to port it... and also there's a good ASM-er of Ruby too and it's Andrea.. :D ... If she plans to extend the dex that is.. hahaha..

I'm not saying I like megas and such, but I do like mons from other generations... (megas that act as evolution sucks imo :P)

Years
  • So I see that the three games are 2014 v1. Are you planning on doing small updates to them or you gonna update them if other hackers try to fix some of the bugs that are in the games or add new stuff like me updating the Pokemon sprites for all three games? Cuz I was actually thinking of doing updated Trainer Sprites as well for RoL.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Can we see a changelog of the 2014 updates?

For RR and LoG, the only changes were the PKMN sprite changes.
    For RoL, aside from the PKMN updated sprites, I also fixed the bug wherein you cannot progress through the game if you lost against Diark inside Francia Woods.

Last edited by U.Flame; Today at 07:36 AM. Reason: Autocorrected changling? Lul

*Le Gasp!*
    Who are you and what have you done to the REAL U.Flame, you meanie Changeling! >:/

So I see that the three games are 2014 v1. Are you planning on doing small updates to them or you gonna update them if other hackers try to fix some of the bugs that are in the games or add new stuff like me updating the Pokemon sprites for all three games? Cuz I was actually thinking of doing updated Trainer Sprites as well for RoL.

I will update them eventually. By that, I mean I'll try and fix some of the known bugs in those games.
    I'll only do so if I'm bored with making progress with Broken Timeline. :P

On reign of legends how do I get back to the dark woods

From Borora Town, try and go back to the Cycling Road. A PKMN Ranger should try and ask for your help.

...edit...
    I almost forgot...

For those who are curious about progress of Broken Timeline, I just finished Part 4 of Chapter 1 last Sunday.
    I'm moving towards making progress with Part 5 now, and after that, I'm going to add some other stuff, like NPCs giving rewards if you beat the Gym Leader (just like in SkyLine) and some other things I want to add.
    And then beta testing.
    And then a public beta~ ^_^

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Eeyup, my iPod thinks changelog means changeling. :p Can we see all the sprite changes? Maybe in a spoiler thingie?

Btw, is there any possibility that the broken end of Rescue Rangers will ever be fixed? (not being able to lose at the Tower of Fate, being the other Pikachu, but not really, and the secret battle not activating)

Last edited:
    Back