• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Saiph - The VytroVerse Part 1 (Full Game released!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    This game definitely deserves a polishment/rework, as it built on a solid basis, but it has some major deficiencies that disturbed me while playing.

One thing disturbed me the most in particular was LACK OF ITEMS - not just useful items, but items in general. I found maybe 30 items in total during the gameplay, including postgame, and vast majority of them were battle items and almost none of them were potions, status healing items, berries, PP restoring items, vitamins or balls. While I understand that story-wise, as the player walks through a whole new region, sometimes it is annoying to backtrack to the nearest pokémon center again and again. I also had to suffer with Pikachu until the end, because there is no Thunderstone available, or if there is, there is no way to tell, because there is no Itemfinder available. Which also brings me to the next point-

Too few money. Again, I understand if you wanted to make healing/catching items more special, but either stick with less money or with less items in overworld, not BOTH. I havent bought a single potion up until the 7th gym or so, because I rather wanted to catch mons instead so I rather bought Ultra Balls instead of healing items.

Other thing that disturbed me are mapping errors. Multiple times I encountered a tile that I should't be able to walk on but I did, and vice versa. There was nothing gamebreaking, aside of one particular quest (which is mentioned on title page, but I had to try it anyway), but that is something that would definitely need some work.

Also, there are some Pokémon errors, for example Staraptor evolving at level 36 instead of 34, which means he cannot learn Close Combat until postgame, as there is (again) not enough Tiny Mushrooms to use services of Move Relearner, and there are some very bad movesets on new Pokémon (for example, I started with Delphox and I had to use Ember until lv. 42 or so until it learned Flamethrower), but this is something that can be worked with, although still annoying.

Also also, there was a general lack of ... I dont really know how to say it ... special things? I mean, you have no reason to backtrack to most of the areas because there is nothing to backtrack for - no hidden items behind water or behind a tree, no hidden areas (excluding an exit to Route 14). You just happen to go forward and do things, and then just game ends. You have no reason to go back because you missed something rewarding.

There is also lack of strong pokémon you can catch, but that can mostly be forgiven, as not even Elite 4 uses strong pokémon, of course with a few exceptions. However, I would consider changing those random trainers/grunts with Alakazam - it can easily sweep your entire team if youre not overleveled or not using strong pokémon.

There are also other coding errors (or not?), for example free 50 master balls, which can be obtained on a rock at Oldale Town, bugged text on trainers inside Victory Road etc.

However, game has solid pacing, simple yet nice story and mainly, you dont need to grind too much (which always annoyed me), so I could mostly get though all of the above and finished it and I even slightly enjoyed it. If it gets polished, it will be a much better experience that it already was. Im looking forward to try the sequels.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Hello! This is a silly question, but how do I play your game? Do I patch it with another Rom, and if so, which one is it? Thanks in advance.

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • This game definitely deserves a polishment/rework, as it built on a solid basis, but it has some major deficiencies that disturbed me while playing.

One thing disturbed me the most in particular was LACK OF ITEMS - not just useful items, but items in general. I found maybe 30 items in total during the gameplay, including postgame, and vast majority of them were battle items and almost none of them were potions, status healing items, berries, PP restoring items, vitamins or balls. While I understand that story-wise, as the player walks through a whole new region, sometimes it is annoying to backtrack to the nearest pokémon center again and again. I also had to suffer with Pikachu until the end, because there is no Thunderstone available, or if there is, there is no way to tell, because there is no Itemfinder available. Which also brings me to the next point-

Too few money. Again, I understand if you wanted to make healing/catching items more special, but either stick with less money or with less items in overworld, not BOTH. I havent bought a single potion up until the 7th gym or so, because I rather wanted to catch mons instead so I rather bought Ultra Balls instead of healing items.

Other thing that disturbed me are mapping errors. Multiple times I encountered a tile that I should't be able to walk on but I did, and vice versa. There was nothing gamebreaking, aside of one particular quest (which is mentioned on title page, but I had to try it anyway), but that is something that would definitely need some work.

Also, there are some Pokémon errors, for example Staraptor evolving at level 36 instead of 34, which means he cannot learn Close Combat until postgame, as there is (again) not enough Tiny Mushrooms to use services of Move Relearner, and there are some very bad movesets on new Pokémon (for example, I started with Delphox and I had to use Ember until lv. 42 or so until it learned Flamethrower), but this is something that can be worked with, although still annoying.

Also also, there was a general lack of ... I dont really know how to say it ... special things? I mean, you have no reason to backtrack to most of the areas because there is nothing to backtrack for - no hidden items behind water or behind a tree, no hidden areas (excluding an exit to Route 14). You just happen to go forward and do things, and then just game ends. You have no reason to go back because you missed something rewarding.

There is also lack of strong pokémon you can catch, but that can mostly be forgiven, as not even Elite 4 uses strong pokémon, of course with a few exceptions. However, I would consider changing those random trainers/grunts with Alakazam - it can easily sweep your entire team if youre not overleveled or not using strong pokémon.

There are also other coding errors (or not?), for example free 50 master balls, which can be obtained on a rock at Oldale Town, bugged text on trainers inside Victory Road etc.

However, game has solid pacing, simple yet nice story and mainly, you dont need to grind too much (which always annoyed me), so I could mostly get though all of the above and finished it and I even slightly enjoyed it. If it gets polished, it will be a much better experience that it already was. Im looking forward to try the sequels.

Yes, I do plan a remake of this game that would pretty much be a complete overhaul!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Yes, I do plan a remake of this game that would pretty much be a complete overhaul!
    Is this gonna happen ? :O I am about to start it so... SHould i wait ? x)

Also guys... I just got the romhack ! It's my first ever ! ^^ Tho, i did download the 2020 patch, got it on a firered rom hack and when starteing the game everything was going nicely until i got my first pokemon 1703262220163.png And my menu looked like this :x Any idea what's wrong?

Edit one : Okey, after changing for Mgba emulator, now i have 1703265096513.pngstll weird...

Last edited:

Vytron

Years
  • Is this gonna happen ? :O I am about to start it so... SHould i wait ? x)

Also guys... I just got the romhack ! It's my first ever ! ^^ Tho, i did download the 2020 patch, got it on a firered rom hack and when starteing the game everything was going nicely until i got my first pokemon View attachment 153170 And my menu looked like this :x Any idea what's wrong?

Edit one : Okey, after changing for Mgba emulator, now i have View attachment 153171stll weird...
    Yeah mGBA isn't that good for Saiph 1, the bottom menu will have that visual error on all emulators though.

Vytron

Years
  • I'm having the same problem.
    Game crashes on Pokemon stats using 3DS' VC GBA.
    Try applying the 'Emulator Fix Patch' packed with Pokémon Sors, and then make the vc out of the rom, that should fix the issue!

Vytron

Years
  • i have a problem on playing it flash cartridge whenever i look up the summary of a pokemon it crash the game
    You can apply Sors' emulator fix patch, that reverts the summary screen back to its FR look which won't crash on flashcarts

Back