• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon: Sakoku Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Name of The Project: Pokémon: Sakoku Story

About The Game: Sakoku Story will take place in modern Japan, but is influenced by Edo-period events, people, and places. I'll add every quality of life change from my previous games to this game as well, plus the other features. For those who have played my other games, Sakoku Story will be starting a brand new timeline. To clarify, even though the main characters are not technically "new", let's just say this is a separate universe altogether. This is why I need spriters for this fan game! My several-year quest to find a spriter will hopefully finish here!

About the Story: After a long and grueling war, the Ryoku region was left destroyed. The victor of the war became the Shogun of Ryoku, and suppressed the powers of the Emperor. Using his new powers, the Shogun enacted the Sakoku Policy, which closed the region to all visitors and restricted anyone from leaving. This policy also forbade anyone from owning a Pokémon, or even talking about them. As a result, the entire region suffered. How can you fix such a difficult situation? Might it even take the work of two unlikely allies, or will you take them on your own path?

About the Region:
    As said before, Ryoku is based off of Edo-period Japan, but more modern. They are very, very traditional and spiritual, especially in the more rural areas. Not only are there large cities in the region, but there are also smaller villages and many landmarks to explore! Want to learn a bit more about the areas? Read about them here!
    Spoiler:

About Some of the Characters:
    Spoiler:

Looking for: Spriters: ideally, people who can make overworld sprites, main character sprites, and in-battle Trainer sprites.

Requirements: Just link me to an example of your work through my DMs.

How to Contact Me:
    - Message me on Discord: drawntoast#9565
    - You can also message me on this website as well.

Team Members: Drawntoast (just me so far)

Game Features To Be Included:
    The game will be using Essentials v19.1.
    - Five separate Prefectures for the player to explore in Ryoku, all based off prefectures in Japan.
    - Dynamax (with Dynamax Adventure, but note that Dynamax will be restricted to one or two areas in the game)
    - Z-Moves
    - Multiple save slots (which you can use to your advantage using the Cable Club)
    - All Gen. 1-8 Pokémon
    - Following Pokémon
    - Two main characters that are playable separately
    - No Gyms (A separate, but similar system will be in place)
    - No HMs (HM items will return instead)
    - Achievements System (with rewards that increase as you play.)
    - Upgraded Quest System
    - TM Case, where TMs and TRs are stored
    - An online mode where you can trade and battle with real-life Trainers! (This uses the Cable Club script, which I was finally able to get running and fixed a few glaring bugs in it myself. The server it is on will also be run by just me.)
    - As an added note, you can indeed trade with yourself online if you wish to do so. There's nothing wrong with that!
    - A battle facility similar to Mt. Battle from Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD. This will be a optional area where TRs can also be obtained.
    - And more features are coming as I develop!

d0khXUS.png

L1JIUce.png

bUCgiIR.png

SOFuyIk.png

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update! I have edited the main post with extra information regarding the game, such as what the prefectures are based on, and also character info! Still looking for any available sprite artists!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back