• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Serene Crystal (V1.5.3)

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    pokecrystal-31.png

Pokémon Serene Crystal is a hack that strives to change up the original Crystal, with new gym leaders and Pokémon from newer generations, alongside new original regional forms! There have been several QOL improvements that, alongside the new dex, makes for a fun experience! While the story remains largely unchanged, there have been a few minor changes to make some characters feel more coherent. Apart from that, it's identical to Crystal's story.

All new and changed sprites by me.

Download (IPS patch)
    Encounter Tables (Google Drive)

Full Changelog (Google Drive)

Update 1.5 Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Update 1.4 Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Update 1.3 Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Features
    Spoiler:

Bugs
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Pokedex
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Pokecrystal disassembly: https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal
    Rangi42's Polished Map: https://github.com/Rangi42/polished-map
    Nuukiie for help in the past with both spriting and disassembly advice: https://twitter.com/nuukiie

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks really interesting, although, I am a wee bit confused. I do see Pokemon from newer generations, but are the older Pokemon given new typings or regional forms?

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Yes, several of the older Pokemon have gotten type changes. Apart from the ones that got the fairy type in XY, a few other Pokemon have had their types changed. It's just what I thought fit better than what they already had.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Played through and beat the Elite 4 today. Really enjoyed this game! Just assuming it felt like there was no physical special split but that ghost and dark were flipped. Is that the case? If so that felt like a good change. Is there any data on moves that have received changes? I noticed cut was a new type and Cross Chop was buffed as well but with gen 2s move viewer, it doesn't show accuracy.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Played through and beat the Elite 4 today. Really enjoyed this game! Just assuming it felt like there was no physical special split but that ghost and dark were flipped. Is that the case? If so that felt like a good change. Is there any data on moves that have received changes? I noticed cut was a new type and Cross Chop was buffed as well but with gen 2s move viewer, it doesn't show accuracy.

Happy you enjoyed it! There was no split indeed, and Dark and Ghost were flipped yes. I felt like it made the most sense. I like that the older games didn't have a split, it feels more unique. A lot of moves have been changed, and I'll make an extra documentation file to showcase all changed moves.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Do any of the starters have a secondary typing? I ask since the totodile line may be ground but is it also dark to take advantage of how dark moves are now physical?

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Do any of the starters have a secondary typing? I ask since the totodile line may be ground but is it also dark to take advantage of how dark moves are now physical?

Feraligatr is Ground/Steel, Meganium Bug/Fairy, Typhlosion Ice/Fighting, Charizard Rock/Dragon, Venusaur Water/Poison and Blastoise Psychic/Flying

Years
    • Seen today
    Really nice to see more curated dex hacks! A small bug I noticed whilst doing sprout tower, if you have full party after beating the elder, you will get told that your party is full and you will be able to rechallenge him infinitely untl you have space in party for the natu.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Really nice to see more curated dex hacks! A small bug I noticed whilst doing sprout tower, if you have full party after beating the elder, you will get told that your party is full and you will be able to rechallenge him infinitely untl you have space in party for the natu.

Oh crap, hadn't considered that, thanks for letting me know! Am gonna work on fixing it rn

Edit: Fixed that bug. If your party is full, he now says "Alas, maybe it's for the better..." If you have room any time after that, you can still get the Natu!

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Feraligatr is Ground/Steel, Meganium Bug/Fairy, Typhlosion Ice/Fighting, Charizard Rock/Dragon, Venusaur Water/Poison and Blastoise Psychic/Flying

Those are some cool typing choices. I am confused on why bug for meganium at all though.

I had the chance to look at the move listings in the docs after I found them and I was confused as to why Totodile's first ground move is magnitude but the same slot on croconaw is mud slap. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also its a shame Crunch still appears to be a egg move in this for the totodile line as opposed to a level up move, since it should be a default move choice with Feraligatr. Also some bug types, notably Butterfree still lack sufficient attack power due to the way you chose to set up the moves, which hurts it a lot due to the fact it has two physical STABs.

Lastly where does one find the kanto starters in this? I have an idea on a team but I dont want to get my hopes up factoring how logically they would be in what is known as the Nolah region.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Those are some cool typing choices. I am confused on why bug for meganium at all though.

I had the chance to look at the move listings in the docs after I found them and I was confused as to why Totodile's first ground move is magnitude but the same slot on croconaw is mud slap. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also its a shame Crunch still appears to be a egg move in this for the totodile line as opposed to a level up move, since it should be a default move choice with Feraligatr. Also some bug types, notably Butterfree still lack sufficient attack power due to the way you chose to set up the moves, which hurts it a lot due to the fact it has two physical STABs.

Lastly where does one find the kanto starters in this? I have an idea on a team but I dont want to get my hopes up factoring how logically they would be in what is known as the Nolah region.

Probably because their new designs actually look like bugs? xD

But anyway very interesting hack Peanut, kinda reminds me of Fool's Gold from a while back with how all 6 starters are fully redesigned with brand new typings. Although I am a bit surprised you went with Ice type for the Cyndaquil line since if I recall they were Ice in Fool's Gold in that too, and isn't Ice/Fighting a horrible typing itself even? I remember nobody liked Crabominable a lot lol. Not complaints or anything, just curious is all xD

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today

I made a few oopsies with the movesets, but the line is supposed to have Magnitude as first STAB move. I wanted Crunch to be a level up move as well, but it was tough to fit since all the other moves I put on I liked a lot as well. I can always still change it if I have a change of mind, but I'm fine with it for now. Butterfree's indeed still a little underpowered, but I'm not trying to make it "good" per se. I just want to make the fall off it has a little less drastic so you can use it a bit longer.

The Kanto starts (and all starters for that matter) are available throughout the region, and they're all catchable. I'm gonna upload a doc here with the encounter tables for each area. It's gonna be a bit messy, since I'm just gonna upload the content of the .asm files into it, but should get the point across.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Probably because their new designs actually look like bugs? xD

But anyway very interesting hack Peanut, kinda reminds me of Fool's Gold from a while back with how all 6 starters are fully redesigned with brand new typings. Although I am a bit surprised you went with Ice type for the Cyndaquil line since if I recall they were Ice in Fool's Gold in that too, and isn't Ice/Fighting a horrible typing itself even? I remember nobody liked Crabominable a lot lol. Not complaints or anything, just curious is all xD

Thank you for your interest! I just realized I used the same concept as Fool's Gold, but it wasn't my intention to copy that idea. I just liked the idea of the fire turning into icicle spines was cool. Ice/Fighting is kinda trash defensively (even with my Ice type buffs negating the Flying weakness), but I really like the offensive combination, and I was eager to sprite a Typhlo with elements of both (even if the Fighting type doesn't show very well).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    BIG ERROR HERE. I permenantly lost the poison barb after a Nickit used thief on me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I see Raichu has an evolution. How do I evolve my Raichu?

Edit: nm, I see in the changelog it evolves through happiness at night.

Last edited:
    Back