• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Shining Silver - Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    Excuse me if Im wrong but.. those OWs are almost definetely mine.
    I made them for Tainui cause he said he needed em.. so please could ya credit me?

Whoops. He didn't tell me *sigh*

that's true T_T i told you they were his >.< wait... did i?

No. You didn't. XD

Nice updates, but why stick with the berry system from the GS days? The berry system got a huge upgrade with the RSE games and I still don't understand why they abandoned it for FR/LG and HG/SS. Plus there would be no need to program in a new berry system if you stuck with the RSE system.

The HG/SS grass looks great BTW.

I've been waiting for a good Silver remake ever since I heard about Shiny Gold and it looks like this might be the one to get it right.
    (Silver is my all time favorite pokemon game)

Thanks for your comment.
    I know, I might change to the RSE Berry System. I had some problems with it before, but I'll see what I can do.

And its great that your looking forward to the release ^^

I didn't say that you have to have Green roofs. i just said that New Bark kinda have green roofs if you look here maybe:
    Pokémon: Shining Silver - Reborn

or here:

But anyway. I realy like those new updates. Are you planing on changing lab tiles also ?

Hmm, you do have a point, but I don't want it to be like the GS/HGSS roofs XD. I think the tiles match the trees, pals etc. But thanks. And yes, I plan on changing the Lab Tiles, just haven't got around to it. :P

I love what you did with the new updated new bark town especially the hero.

Thank you so much chimchar8. :)

I'd repeat what the one of posters above said...
    New Bark Town should have green roofs but it's your hack you can do color and style of houses whichever you want :)

Hmm, yeah but as I said I really don't want to have the same roofs as GS/HGSS. :P Thanks for comment, though.

I dont think it matters it doesnt have to have the same stuff that heartgold and soulsilver has. it can be different.

:) Thank you.

Ye chimchar is right, It isnt a HGSS Premake, It is a GSC Remake..

Yep. :)

Updates... Again!

Sheesh. Updates have been coming up very rapidly in the past few days. ^^ This time its Cherrygrove. It's 25% completed, and since I'm nice I decided to show you guys the Old Man tutor script. Here it is:

Yes, the Cherrygrove House tiles will change soon. Did you notice the DP font? It's barely noticable... lol. Enjoy. :)

Credits to:
    • Tainui, my Scripter - The old man script

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    The tile error in the 5th screen will be fixed? The water pallete is also not okay, the water surrounding the rock should be darker than the rest of the water.

Years
    well you tried paranoid maybe you can put a harbour with those slateport umbrellas instend. that will be kinda cool.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Maybe just a mapping tip: Try to make those paths bigger. if you don't know what i mean. Here :
    This is like what you have.
    But maybe try to make it like this:
    it looks a bit more natural. and there is more free space to walk.

But Cherrygrove looks amazing anyway.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    You mean the rock? The grey one xD

I'll see what I can do.

Cherrygrove looks nice... I like it :) You used great tiles for it.
    It's kinda contrasting xD New Bark to Cherrygrove...

Thank you. Yeah I know XD :p Oh well.

LOVE WHAT you did with cherrygrove keep it up!

Why thank you chimchar8. :)

Lovely Update Henry.
    I am really sorry, I tryed, but couldnt make that beach house you requested..

Thanks.
    That's ok. I don't mind. Thanks for your time, though.

well you tried paranoid maybe you can put a harbour with those slateport umbrellas instend. that will be kinda cool.

:)

Maybe just a mapping tip: Try to make those paths bigger. if you don't know what i mean. Here :
    This is like what you have.
    But maybe try to make it like this:
    it looks a bit more natural. and there is more free space to walk.

But Cherrygrove looks amazing anyway.

I'll see what I can do, and thanks for the tip. And thanks for the comment.

Updates!

Yup. I have finished the Galactic Grunt event in Route 29 (oh, and I think I mentioned that team Galactic is in the hack ;)). Oh, and just a preview of something different ;)

Yep. That's right. A Gym Leader mugshot. Each Gym Leader will have one. It'll be replacing useless Pokemon, unless I find an alternative way. :) Sorry gamesharkers, but if you enable the "All Pokemon in Dex" cheat, you'll find some useless pokemon with Gym Leader mugshots on them! Hahaha... Oh well. Enjoy the updates, and thanks again for your comments.

PS: The lady will not be there in the Alpha/Beta with Falkners mugshot. XD It was just a test script.
    PSS: I am aware of the Tile error near the Berry tree.

Credits to:

• 874521 - For her Galactic Grunt OWs
    • NickAlert - For the Falkner GymLeader mugshot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Nice updates really :) This is starting to look amazing. And just another tip. Why don't you use 25 free pokemon slots for mugshoots ? Its kinda better than overwriting old pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Oh.. I'll try to find a way about this. I've done it on ruby rom and it worked. But didn't try at emerald. Good Luck anyway.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    This is looking very promising, even if I do have a certain distaste for johto remakes that have been made since ShinyGold. I'm starting to perhaps see the error of my ways. Can I ask one thing though? Are you going to make Kanto a little better than it was in gen 2? Its just that in gen 2:

• Cerulean Cave is missing.
    • Viridian Forest is missing.
    • Pewter Museum is missing.
    • The underground path is missing.
    • The safari zone is missing.
    • Rocket's celadon base is missing.
    • Pokemon mansion is missing.
    • Mt. Moon has been shrunk.
    • The power plant is there but its all done up and there are no wild pokemon.
    • Same with Lavender Tower.
    • Seafoam Islands were shrunk down completely to just 1 island and Blaine's gym (if you can call it that) takes up the whole thing.
    • Where was giovanni in the plotline? Why dosn't he gelp you defeat team rocket instead of Lance (in gen 1 lance didn't seem to care)?
    • Why is Silver (your rival) so easy to beat?
    • Why are the elite 4 (with the exception of Lance) so easy to beat?
    • Why is lance the champion? Surely they could have come up with a brand new one rather than recycling Lance AND Koga.
    • Why is the Johto league in Kanto? Why couldn't they have made it like the silver conference in the anime (though I'm not really an anime fan) and have it based at Mt.Silver?
    Call me finicky but those were my probs with Kanto in Gen 2. Will your kanto be dramatically different?

Sorry for the list and keep up the good work!

~The Cynic~

Years

• [*]Cerulean Cave is missing.
      [*]Viridian Forest is missing.
      [*]Pewter Museum is missing.
      [*]The underground path is missing.
      [*]The safari zone is missing.
      [*]Rocket's celadon base is missing.
      [*]Pokemon mansion is missing.
      [*]Mt. Moon has been shrunk.
      [*]The power plant is there but its all done up and there are no wild pokemon.
      [*]Same with Lavender Tower.
      [*]Seafoam Islands were shrunk down completely to just 1 island and Blaine's gym (if you can call it that) takes up the whole thing.
    • Where was giovanni in the plotline? Why dosn't he gelp you defeat team rocket instead of Lance (in gen 1 lance didn't seem to care)?
    • Why is Silver (your rival) so easy to beat?
    • Why are the elite 4 (with the exception of Lance) so easy to beat?
    • Why is lance the champion? Surely they could have come up with a brand new one rather than recycling Lance AND Koga.
    • Why is the Johto league in Kanto? Why couldn't they have made it like the silver conference in the anime (though I'm not really an anime fan) and have it based at Mt.Silver?

The bolded points can all be answered with the same sentence- there was a lack of space in the game itself, I believe. Well, just not enough to include those dungeons, I suppose.
    However, you made a good point- it would have been cool for an undercover Giovanni to help you (although it'd only have worked if you didn't actually find out it was Giovanni until everyone else did- it would have failed if he just said "I'm Giovanni, I used to lead Team Rocket, will you help me stop them?")
    @Silver and the league being weak, well, the entire game is generally low-levelled, excluding Red, of course).
    They shared a League because they're part of the same continent (Tohjo), right beside each other, although, depending on whether you're from Johto or Kanto, you'd be the Johto or Kanto Champ upon winning.
    I guess Lance and Koga were there for some reference to the fact that things change over the years. Although Koga was a bit random, it was still cool, to see him as an Elite.
    I'm not a fan of the Anime anymore either, but the whole tournament concept is an Anime thing- it'd be all cliche if Ash beat the Elite 4 of each region he went to, so tournaments suit "Real Life" things better, I guess.
    Anyway, I don't think I commented here before, but this is a really nice hack so far. I love the choice of tiles, really:D I'm an Emerald hacker myself, good luck Flandre!:)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    There's an error in the name. It's actually Cherrygrove City, not Town. I know, it seems weird, considering how tiny Cherrygrove is, but it's still named as a city:

Also, wtf is Team Galactic doing in Johto? I find that really weird, considering how they have 2 bases in Sinnoh, and yet, a random grunt decides to go to Johto just to play Pokemon Emerald in Route 29.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back