• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Shining Silver - Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    love the new cherrygrove especially with the shades you know how you change it from sunny to shady anyway great job!

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Awesome Update, I really like your style. Keep at it and finally youre on the gameplay. good luck with the next route:rambo:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    well, i find your new tiles are still dark its for this that i prefere the others.....

but well its not very important, the most important is that the game is good ;D

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    Awesome Update, I really like your style. Keep at it and finally youre on the gameplay. good luck with the next route:rambo:

Thanks sir.euge. :)

looks great!! looking forward to play it=]

Thanks Scifferay. Glad you like my hack. :)

well, i find your new tiles are still dark its for this that i prefere the others.....

but well its not very important, the most important is that the game is good ;D

I had very many problems with those tiles, including many many glitches like the tiles messing up, and them not changing with the day/night sequence. But thanks for your comment. :)

Updates!

I inserted all (well most) of the FR/LG overworlds, and me and Nosman (my mapper) have finished Route 30, map-wise :P. I did not do all of the person events, but I have done the berry mans house and Mr. Pokemons house. Check it out. Oh, and along with a New Battle Background.

Pokémon: Shining Silver - Reborn

Thanks guys. :)

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    The updated screenshots looks pretty nice
    (specially the palletes and the tiles )

Nonetheless here are some of my recommendations:-

1)Your should be You are

2)The background could be better
    (Btw how did u managed to insert Background I tried to find a tutorial but couldn't find any)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Wow, graphically I gotta say that this is coming along pretty well, script wise to. I love the irony of the Galactic grunt playing Pokémon Emerald on a hack of Pokémon Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023

Thanks guys. :)
    IMO, since you're going for a FR/LG-ish style, I think you should change the battle text box to the FR/LG one. Even though I dislike FR/LG, there's some things in it that are actually good ideas, such as the text box. IMO, I think the FR/LG battle text box looks better than the R/S/E one. The unlZ number for the battle textbox in Emerald is around 772.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Finally som one doesnt try to implement the pokegear but instead just use a pokenav. Really like that youre not concerned about POKEGEAR like all other remakes do. I like the battle background and the route looks awesome. Now for Violet City. good luck

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Meow thats a goodun when is a beta coming out i really wanna play looks better then liquid crystal and shiny gold x

;) anyway i like all you've done ^_^ lol cant wait to see more progress

LOL IM GONNA BE
    A BIG FAN OF
    THIS HACK
    COZ ITS SOOOO
    COOOOOOOOL

Years
    Meow thats a goodun when is a beta coming out i really wanna play looks better then liquid crystal and shiny gold x

LOL IM GONNA BE
    A BIG FAN OF
    THIS HACK
    COZ ITS SOOOO
    COOOOOOOOL

NO.
    That is all.​
    Love the battle screen, Flandre! Looking nice. Emerald generally requires a total overhaul on the graphics. I mean the features are great, but... It looks horrible :/ Anyway, you're doing very well with the replacement graphics, good work! I look forward to playing through this, eventually.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Still no progress? lol. im wunderin where u got those tiles cuz im lookin all over everywher and cant find them. can some one show me the wayplz.sry for offtopic

Years
    I see a little tile error in the screen where you're receiving a call from Elm? You see that flower underneath the right corner of Mr Pokemon's house? The tree beside it, it has no left edge, because the flower is there.
    That's one of the only problems with overlapping trees, they always overlap on to something that's not just normal land.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
    The updated screenshots looks pretty nice
    (specially the palletes and the tiles )

Nonetheless here are some of my recommendations:-

1)Your should be You are

2)The background could be better
    (Btw how did u managed to insert Background I tried to find a tutorial but couldn't find any)

Thanks, well I got help mainly from my friends. :)

Wow, graphically I gotta say that this is coming along pretty well, script wise to. I love the irony of the Galactic grunt playing Pokémon Emerald on a hack of Pokémon Emerald.

Hahaha, thanks. :) Well, I was out of ideas, so I just decided to make the Galactic Grunt play Emerald. :p

IMO, since you're going for a FR/LG-ish style, I think you should change the battle text box to the FR/LG one. Even though I dislike FR/LG, there's some things in it that are actually good ideas, such as the text box. IMO, I think the FR/LG battle text box looks better than the R/S/E one. The unlZ number for the battle textbox in Emerald is around 772.

I was actually thinking of changing the text-box in Emerald. Thank you Chaos Rush. :)

Finally som one doesnt try to implement the pokegear but instead just use a pokenav. Really like that youre not concerned about POKEGEAR like all other remakes do. I like the battle background and the route looks awesome. Now for Violet City. good luck

Well, the PokeNav is a good substitute for the PokeGear for now. And thank you. :)

LOL IM GONNA BE
    A BIG FAN OF
    THIS HACK
    COZ ITS SOOOO
    COOOOOOOOL

Um... thanks?

NO.
    That is all.​
    Love the battle screen, Flandre! Looking nice. Emerald generally requires a total overhaul on the graphics. I mean the features are great, but... It looks horrible :/ Anyway, you're doing very well with the replacement graphics, good work! I look forward to playing through this, eventually.

Hahaha.

Thanks gira. :) Glad you like it.

nice work! this hack was nicely done.

Thanks, but thank my team also. :p

Still no progress? lol. im wunderin where u got those tiles cuz im lookin all over everywher and cant find them. can some one show me the wayplz.sry for offtopic

Well, I believe I got the from WAH. I can't remember what section though... Think it was the forums?

Again new tiles?
    You could've stayed with the first Cherrygrove tiles...
    These have a good PC and Mart.

So Mr. Pokemon's script is complete... that's nice progress :)
    As for background... it's not that bad as others said :)
    Keep the updates coming :)

Well, the plain Hoenn houses got replaced for the FR/LG style gate. :) And thanks you Ash.

I see a little tile error in the screen where you're receiving a call from Elm? You see that flower underneath the right corner of Mr Pokemon's house? The tree beside it, it has no left edge, because the flower is there.
    That's one of the only problems with overlapping trees, they always overlap on to something that's not just normal land.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I forgot to change it. >_<

Updates!

Yup. This is probably the most update you'll love to see. The Demo release of Shining Silver is here. :) The demo goes up to Cherrygrove City only, unfortunately. But with this, you can get a taste of whats coming up soon. (oh by the way, the last SS didn't even have a release! Ha!)

You can download the .ips file in the attachments below. My tester went offline, just as the patch was created, and I was too busy to test it myself, but if there is any bugs, feel free to report them either on the thread, and VM or PM. :) As far as I know, there shouldn't be any bugs, apart from grammar -_-

Thanks you guys! :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Here's my review of what you've got so far:

1. Your routes/cities are really small. Remember, this is GBA. GBA can do much better than that...

2. In Elm's lab, the Pokeballs are gray O_o...

3. Consistency error: Your towns/cities/routes have lowercase letters, but their signposts are in all caps. For instance, "New Bark Town"'s signpost says "NEW BARK TOWN"

4. Corrupted music: I'm also hacking Emerald, so I've experienced this. For some reason hacking Emerald can corrupt your music so some instruments/melodies sound "8-bit". The way how I avoid that is simply to constantly make backups, and whenever you insert/overwrite something, I keep choosing a different offset until I select one that doesn't corrupt my instruments.

Since it's already too late (unless if you have a backup that doesn't have messed up instruments), maybe you could try "fixing" the voicegroup by going to the offset with a hex editor (Sappy shows you where), and then using the hex editor to copy the voicegroup bytes from a clean Emerald rom. I haven't tried this, however, so I don't know if it works.

5. Why does your mother have the exact same sprite as the FR/LG mom? I seriously doubt that the FR/LG protagonist and the G/S/C protagonist have the same mother...

6. Signpost in Route 29 doesn't work.

7. Don't use D/P/Pt/HG/SS backsprites. It looks horrible on GBA.

8. If you're going to use HG/SS sprites, at least re-size them properly... some D/P/Pt/HG/SS Pokemon sprites that exceed 64x64 look really sloppy in a GBA game.

9. Galactic Grunt says, "Phew... Finally bet MAY".

10. The Pokemon Center music you're using is horrible... Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it sounds very "empty" compared to standard GBA Pokemon music.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back