• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
  • There is a bad egg error that causes the game to freeze when you're in the pc and there is a gap between the pokemon when you scroll down to the next one.
    I'm liking this hack so far, but I've noticed one issue. After the Multi Battle with Steven against Maxie and Tabitha, I've noticed a glitch that causes the sixth slot of my party to be replaced with a Bad Egg. I'm not sure if it's the same glitch that Jaeren referred to, but I'm assuming not, since there's been no other side effects yet. I wasn't able to view its summary without the game freezing, but I was able to release it, luckily.
    Unfortunately, I've been unable to reproduce these bugs in my test save. Can you guys try to elaborate a bit more on how the glitches were triggered?

Also, it would be awesome if I could get a copy of your save file Cti so I can look into this.

Last edited:

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
    Years
  • I've been playing this hack for some days and I can say it's amazing! Also I found some bugs: when the foe uses ominuous wind the game suddenly reset itself. Also totodile isn't evolving in lv 16 or less (I was using exp share on him)

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    LOL you guys know that qwilfish only has 55 base special attacks? even a hydro pump off it is sucky as hell. sure it has 95 attack but it has no real good move to use it early game, and every other stat is weak. "but its OP early game!". yeah your starter and many others are also OP early game considering that the difficulty is pretty much unchanged from the original.

anyway perhaps i have played tons of emerald hacks before, i don't particularly see the appeal of your hack tbh. all those features of your hack can be seen in other emerald hacks as well, and those other hacks have improved difficulty and/or graphics, even storyline modifications to boot. if you have the time maybe you can offer an increased difficulty patch at least, other wise can't see why i will play this over say, theta emerald which also have many of your features and more (650 mons!)

whats your problem

Years
  • I've been playing this hack for some days and I can say it's amazing! Also I found some bugs: when the foe uses ominuous wind the game suddenly reset itself. Also totodile isn't evolving in lv 16 or less (I was using exp share on him)
    Thanks! The next update focuses purely on fixing the bugs that came as side effects with the added moves and new learnsets, to make the game as polished as possible before continuing to add new stuff. I'm so sorry about this, I'll try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

As for Totodile, it should evolve at level 18 like it normally does.

EDIT: v1.6 is up and includes fixes to bugs I have found through a test playthrough. Teams that have Natu and Xatu (except Liza and Tate) have been changed up to add diversity as well as provide a temporary workaround until the Ominous Wind bug is fixed.

EDIT 2: Ominous Wind has been removed from learnsets until a solution is found for the animation issue. Additionally, some of the modified trainers from v1.6 have been reverted in v1.62.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    PLease Aadd even the GEN IV evolutions only like Electivire,Magmortar,Dusknoir,POrygon Z, Garchomp,Lucario,Zoroark,Greninja,Darkrai, Littleo

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    I'm playing through this right as I type and a Kirlia used Draining Kiss on my Crobat and after the little angel kiss animation ended the battlefield was stuck in the pink background and it took a few minutes for the turn to end. No resets, no loss of data, just took much too long and made me think it froze softly because the music was still playing but nothing was happening.

Aside from this I've had no issues and I'm currently in Mt. Pyre.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm playing through this right as I type and a Kirlia used Draining Kiss on my Crobat and after the little angel kiss animation ended the battlefield was stuck in the pink background and it took a few minutes for the turn to end. No resets, no loss of data, just took much too long and made me think it froze softly because the music was still playing but nothing was happening.
    May I get a copy of your save data? I can't successfully recreate this one either :/

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    May I get a copy of your save data? I can't successfully recreate this one either :/

View attachment Pokemon Sigma Emerald.sav

I saved right next to the woman with the kirlia that nearly froze the game. I don't remember exactly how the battle went, but I'm sure I switched from one pokemon to my Crobat, used a move and nearly made the kirlia faint with just a smidgen of red health left. It then used the Draining kiss attack and just as the little angel animation with the pink background the move summons touched the crobat nothing happened and it continued doing nothing for a minute or two with the text box still displaying "the opponents kirlia used Draning Kiss!". I was tempted to reset but didn't because it had been a while since my last save. I then saved after the fight, sorry if that complicates things. Also, I'm playing on a PSP using the gPSP emulator.

Great hack btw, this is my first playthrough of a pokehack and I look forward to any improvements you make in the future.

Years
  • View attachment 78718

I saved right next to the woman with the kirlia that nearly froze the game. I don't remember exactly how the battle went, but I'm sure I switched from one pokemon to my Crobat, used a move and nearly made the kirlia faint with just a smidgen of red health left. It then used the Draining kiss attack and just as the little angel animation with the pink background the move summons touched the crobat nothing happened and it continued doing nothing for a minute or two with the text box still displaying "the opponents kirlia used Draning Kiss!". I was tempted to reset but didn't because it had been a while since my last save. I then saved after the fight, sorry if that complicates things. Also, I'm playing on a PSP using the gPSP emulator.

Great hack btw, this is my first playthrough of a pokehack and I look forward to any improvements you make in the future.
    I checked the trainers at Mt. Pyre and recreated your scenario; switch from Crobat to Kirlia, bring it down to red health, then have it use Draining Kiss. You might have patched BPEE v1.1 as your ROM base (instead of v1, a common mistake that people make with SE it seems) because the woman you saved next to is meant to have a Shuppet. The Kirlia you were referring to actually is supposed to belong to a Psychic on the floor below, and the Draining Kiss animation worked fine.

Make sure the Emerald ROM you're using is v1 and not 1.1. Then you should be able to keep on playing using the same save data :)

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • So I encountered a shiny (poochyena) before I got my Pokedex or Pokeballs. Have Shiny Encounter rates been adjusted or am I just that unfortunate?

I have a screenshot, but mobile phones have their limits to attaching images on here apparently.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    I checked the trainers at Mt. Pyre and recreated your scenario; switch from Crobat to Kirlia, bring it down to red health, then have it use Draining Kiss. You might have patched BPEE v1.1 as your ROM base (instead of v1, a common mistake that people make with SE it seems) because the woman you saved next to is meant to have a Shuppet. The Kirlia you were referring to actually is supposed to belong to a Psychic on the floor below, and the Draining Kiss animation worked fine.

Make sure the Emerald ROM you're using is v1 and not 1.1. Then you should be able to keep on playing using the same save data :)

Oh right, I kept playing a bit after the incident so I could evolve Omanyte before going to bed so my memory is a bit fuzzy. I remembered I had a savestate from before the battle and I decided to recreate it as well and there was no issue this time. I hope it stays a one-off, freak accident.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    always wanted to ask, is Gen V-VI Pokemons not yet inserted on this hack? i got quite confused

as far as i know there are only the pokemon until the 3rd gen included. So the same as in the original emerald. Therefore no Roserade, ...

Years
  • always wanted to ask, is Gen V-VI Pokemons not yet inserted on this hack? i got quite confused
    as far as i know there are only the pokemon until the 3rd gen included. So the same as in the original emerald. Therefore no Roserade, ...
    Like Tlachtli already mentioned, the game only has the 386 Gen 3 Pokemon. Don't write off cross-gen evos completely though, I may or may not add them when there's time ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Hi , first you hack is georgous thank you for you great work. Second i have a little issue with the NPC in charge of telling IV at the battle frontier. it is telling the same value no matter how many times i tried.. Is it only me or the same for everybody ? thank you in advance and sorry if there are any english mistakes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2016
    Pokemon Sigma Emerald_06_03_2016_16_16_54_234.png

Professor Burch channels satan and speaks in strange tounges when giving me my National Dex.

Years
  • The new version should still work with the moemon patch right?
    Apologies for taking so long to reply. Snow Cloak and Overcoat add new ability checks under weather, so you'll have to wait for an updated Moemon patch.

Hi , first you hack is georgous thank you for you great work. Second i have a little issue with the NPC in charge of telling IV at the battle frontier. it is telling the same value no matter how many times i tried.. Is it only me or the same for everybody ? thank you in advance and sorry if there are any english mistakes.
    Perhaps you have EVs and IVs mixed up. IVs are determined whenever a Pokemon is "generated" (via wild encounter, egg etc.) and are permanent, so if you show the same Pokemon, he will tell you the same value every time.

View attachment 78824

Professor Burch channels satan and speaks in strange tounges when giving me my National Dex.
    That's been there since Tlachtli's Alphas. I am trying to find a way to access that script and fix the text; no worries, it's a one-off error that has little to no effect on the game itself. Also, if you have bug reports to make please PM them to me instead of posting here.

Back