• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Spirit Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

red panda

Mew Fan
Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    I've been trying to learn how to script in case this calls for it.

problem is I can't compile in either XSE(won't let me find rom) or PokeScript(when I manually compile the window and pokescript shut off.)

But I shouldn't really complain, I'll try till I find a Script editor that suites me right.

also I like your map of Johto, Nintendork15.

Reina07

There can only be one victor!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    I still really enjoy the TREES XD

also when will you be uploading newer pics

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    umm Red Panda. Is your name refering to a Red Panda or RedPanda off of FlashForward! xD

also "Nitendork15" i like your new haircut :L :P

Cant wait for a moderator to see this and
    DELETE it since its completly of topic ! ! ! !

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Dont know when i will
    when i have enough progress

These things take time ;)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    New update

Silver overworld sprites

by Red panda (i think)

SilverOverworld.png

tTaaadaaaa

Years
  • Cant wait for a moderator to see this and
    DELETE it since its completly of topic ! ! ! !

As is that. You're the thread owner, but that doesn't mean you can bend rules.
    Anyway, that Silver OW should be edited a little bit- it's in RSE style, while the others are more Gen IV Style. His eyes need to be a pixel lower, then his hair needs to be edited so he doesn't have a massive forehead.

red panda

Mew Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    I used the HGSS Silver Overworlds as a reference and the base was from a R/S/E Red Trainer overworld. I left the eyes the way they were because I leave the eyes alone when I edit overworld sprites, also the massive hair was because of two reasons. One was the SIlver HGSS reference, and Two was that Silver's hair is kinda like a poofy spout of hair that drops down the sides of his head, though it does look like he has a rather massive forehead.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I will keep these OWs for now
    but if red panda imrproves them then thats a different story ;)

I like the silver OWs anyway ;P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I dont know how to use poketscript ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ...
    can you write the script for XSE on notepad and send me the .TXT file

sorry for any inconvienice

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I'll try and convert both scripts to XSE language. But testing will be hard for me. My XSE closed when I began to type. Now it closes the minute I start it.

Both??

Lol
    You only made one script for me

And To prevent stealing
    send me the stuff via PM plz ;) thanks

Reina07

There can only be one victor!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Hello to everyone doing this hack.

I think that u have made big progress and it looks really good.

Good luck ;) especially u Nintendork15 shouldnt u be revising :L

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Thanks *marcus* but i have my future planned already and ahve no need t push myself beyond the limit

red panda

Mew Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    Well then I've learnt a bit of Scripting now so if you need something I can whip it up in XSE.

Years
  • I used the HGSS Silver Overworlds as a reference and the base was from a R/S/E Red Trainer overworld. I left the eyes the way they were because I leave the eyes alone when I edit overworld sprites, also the massive hair was because of two reasons. One was the SIlver HGSS reference, and Two was that Silver's hair is kinda like a poofy spout of hair that drops down the sides of his head, though it does look like he has a rather massive forehead.

Leaving the eyes alone is all well and good, but not if it's based on a different style to the other overworlds- in this case, it is. My advice is to never use an RSE overworld as a working base- they're horrible, in comparison to the other styles.
    Regardless of whether you like it or not, Nintendork- mixing overworld styles is a no-no. It just looks bad.
    Anyway, as I should have mentioned before... You need to work on the mapping. They are far too cramped, generally- they also use the small tree as a border and such, which... Well, it should never be done in a map. I know that in GSC it looks like they did this, but that's just because they didn't have a big tree/the slender trees were considered as the big trees of the game. Look at every game after GSC- the maps all use the big tree as a border. It looks better, frankly.
    So, my advice to you is... Practice mapping. ALOT. Reading a tutorial is fine, but you can't learn creativity from someone else. Having said that, you can examine the various other maps in the games, and practice different methods you see. But definately, work on the maps- start off by making them MUCH bigger.

red panda

Mew Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    I never said I mixed the overworlds with HGSS overworlds.

I scratched them using R/S/E Red as the base and Silver HGSS as a reference only.

Years
  • I never said I mixed the overworlds with HGSS overworlds.

I scratched them using R/S/E Red as the base and Silver HGSS as a reference only.

Nor did I. I said Nintendork is mixing styles- ie, Gold's OW is kind of DP/FR styled, but Silver is RSE styled- yet, they're in the same game, therefore it's mixing OWs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back