• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon info in next month's CoroCoro

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I've got a lot of things on my metaphorical plate this month and next, so hopefully I'll be able to wait without getting too antsy for news. Honestly, any news is welcome at this point but I'll just toss a few guesses out there:

I'd say there are two likely options. One is that, sometime before the CoroCoro issue, the mascots are revealed through another official source (likely the Pokémon YouTube channel). Then the CoroCoro issue will inevitably leak go on sale and will show the protagonists and starters, and maybe give us another glimpse at the mascots (maybe official art if we are shown only in-game 3D models of them beforehand). BONUS: If we're lucky we may get to see the rivals, too, along with some confirmed features and maybe some info on a town or city.

The second option is similar to the first, just remove the part with the mascots being revealed beforehand.

It's tough to say just how much or little information we're gonna get, since the games are coming out...pretty soon, if you think about it (7-8 months will...sigh...sadly be gone before we know it...ughhh....). But they could always be saving a large info dump for another time. Either way, I think I'll be alright if I don't think about it too much for the time being.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
We're probably just going to get silhouettes of the trainers and starters, followed by the reveal of them.

It's interesting that you bring this up, actually. Silhouettes were a part of gen 5's pre-release period, but from what I remember gen 6 did away with them completely. I wonder which trend Sun & Moon will follow... I guess it would depend on how much info they plan on revealing to us before the games' release. If they're gonna reveal a substantial amount, they may not want to go with silhouettes because that essentially doubles the time for us to get any real information, and there are only 7-8-ish months until release. On the other hand, if they want to either save all their info for one big reveal, or if they're gonna leave lots of untold secrets for us, silhouettes may make a comeback.

Edit: Also, from what I can see in the scan, it says
「2016年、冬
伝説開幕」
Which, to my understanding, means "Winter 2016, the curtain rises on/for a legend." Interesting.

Last edited:
Years
It's interesting that you bring this up, actually. Silhouettes were a part of gen 5's pre-release period, but from what I remember gen 6 did away with them completely. I wonder which trend Sun & Moon will follow... I guess it would depend on how much info they plan on revealing to us before the games' release. If they're gonna reveal a substantial amount, they may not want to go with silhouettes because that essentially doubles the time for us to get any real information, and there are only 7-8-ish months until release. On the other hand, if they want to either save all their info for one big reveal, or if they're gonna leave lots of untold secrets for us, silhouettes may make a comeback.

I think you're right, silhouettes are something I'm not expecting either given the release period. But as far as 5th Gen was concerned, the only silhouettes I recall were Zoroark, the starters and the mascot legendaries. I'm mostly thinking substantial amounts of news to be shared over the coming months.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think you're right, silhouettes are something I'm not expecting either given the release period. But as far as 5th Gen was concerned, the only silhouettes I recall were Zoroark, the starters and the mascot legendaries. I'm mostly thinking substantial amounts of news to be shared over the coming months.
Reshiram and Zekrom had them too? I don't recall that, were they brief like Magiana and Sylveon's?

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Wanna see the mascots and character design. :)
I'm also quite eager to see the new starters, almost always I picked
the water one, we'll see what this gen will hold for me/us. :D

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I don't think Reshiram and Zekrom had silhouettes; what had happened was that TPCi set up the official websites for Black and White, with the mascots plastered on the front page with the game trademarks.

With that said, I think I'm going to make the official website as my Home page on my phone's browser, starting now. I have a funny feeling we're gonna get slapped in the face with something before CoroCoro next month.

NightmareClown

NightmareClown
Years
All I want is the starters... Don't give a damn bout anything else just want to know what the biggest decision of the game is going to be.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't think Reshiram and Zekrom had silhouettes; what had happened was that TPCi set up the official websites for Black and White, with the mascots plastered on the front page with the game trademarks.

With that said, I think I'm going to make the official website as my Home page on my phone's browser, starting now. I have a funny feeling we're gonna get slapped in the face with something before CoroCoro next month.

My guess is 1 of 2 things:

1) We get a direct within the week, and it shows us a trailer of what will be in Coro Coro

2) They just upload a trailer of what corocoro has, either before or around the time it leaks.

Years
I'm thinking . . .corocoro's coverage for this month will be just be them recapping the concept art from the announcement trailer, or something related to Magearna (whether it be it's typing, or a new forme).

I hope I'm wrong though, and I'd like to see box legendaries or starters, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting a bit longer for those.

Years
I'm thinking . . .corocoro's coverage for this month will be just be them recapping the concept art from the announcement trailer, or something related to Magearna (whether it be it's typing, or a new forme).

I hope I'm wrong though, and I'd like to see box legendaries or starters, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting a bit longer for those.
I think we'll see better pictures of the concept art, like their in game images. Maybe reveal of the bird.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

I think that's being a little too pessimistic.

The trailer was shown on Japanese TV for the first time last Sunday AND the trailer is available online. (and I'm sure anyone in Japan can access the trailer easy enough online)

It would be rather weird for CoroCoro to focus on something you could just find online. I mean how many times are you expecting them to go over the same information?

I'm cautiously optimistic. CoroCoro is usually a lot more reliable than any of those Pokemon shows anyway.

Years
Just a reminder that CoroCoro will be releasing around next Friday (April 15th) so a couple of days into next week we should be expecting leaks to happen. Hopefully we get some major information this time after the Pokenchi letdown.

Years
I think that's being a little too pessimistic.

The trailer was shown on Japanese TV for the first time last Sunday AND the trailer is available online. (and I'm sure anyone in Japan can access the trailer easy enough online)

It would be rather weird for CoroCoro to focus on something you could just find online. I mean how many times are you expecting them to go over the same information?

I'm cautiously optimistic. CoroCoro is usually a lot more reliable than any of those Pokemon shows anyway.
BW's first corocoro focus on showing the new graphics. I can see a repeat of that. We probably will see the 'hotel/palace's' in game appearance.

Years
BW's first corocoro focus on showing the new graphics. I can see a repeat of that. We probably will see the 'hotel/palace's' in game appearance.

I wonder if that means we may get some 5th Gen shoutouts in these games? I know X/Y was heavy on 1st Gen shoutouts and 5th Gen introduced a roster of new Pokemon only a slight bit bigger than 1st Gen's.

Years
I wonder if that means we may get some 5th Gen shoutouts in these games? I know X/Y was heavy on 1st Gen shoutouts and 5th Gen introduced a roster of new Pokemon only a slight bit bigger than 1st Gen's.
I expect Sinnoh and Kanto shoutouts. It's DP's 10 anniversary and they're the next in line for remakes. Gen III had shoutouts to both previous gens, Gen IV had a lot of Johto ones, Gen V and VI had Hoenn ones, in addition to Kanto of course.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I expect Sinnoh and Kanto shoutouts. It's DP's 10 anniversary and they're the next in line for remakes. Gen III had shoutouts to both previous gens, Gen IV had a lot of Johto ones, Gen V and VI had Hoenn ones, in addition to Kanto of course.

Yeah, I do feel like this game will be the johto to kanto, but with shoutbacks to D/P.

Too be fair, I wouldnt mind if we just got silhouettes instead of Pokemon reveals for the most part. OK, I might a little bit, I love seeing new Pokemon. Though I also like seeinthe fanbase guessing and drawing concepts.

Years
Yeah, I do feel like this game will be the johto to kanto, but with shoutbacks to D/P.

Too be fair, I wouldnt mind if we just got silhouettes instead of Pokemon reveals for the most part. OK, I might a little bit, I love seeing new Pokemon. Though I also like seeinthe fanbase guessing and drawing concepts.
Like the Zoroark ones. Some were pretty good.

Years
So, CoroCoro will be out this time next week but we could be seeing leaked scans happen in coming days so be on the lookout. I was looking at speculation threads on Serebii and Wulava (one of the mods there) thinks it'll likely be the protagonists, starters, mascot legendaries and a bit of region overview. Probably gonna side with him for the moment, since it's like they are usually among the first official new info revealed.

Back