• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon info in next month's CoroCoro

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Speaking of that Nintendo NYC tweet I posted earlier about the 2nd floor being closed today... I'm wondering now what it is, since Nintendo just recently revealed their plans for E3. Nothing but Zelda all around, they don't even have a Digital Event/Direct planned for it this year:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-using-their-e3-press-conference-slot-for-a-1774864305

So I think it's a safe bet that we probably won't be seeing anything Sun/Moon related at E3 unfortunately. If they're dedicating all of their E3 slot to Zelda next month, then I'm wondering if we do have a Direct coming up within the next few days to cover the other non-Zelda stuff, including Sun and Moon. It's all suspicious to me... or I'm just being paranoid.

Years
I guess that with the E3 presentation being entirely focused on Legend of Zelda, that means we'll be safely betting on expecting new Sun & Moon information in CoroCoro and the Directs. Also, I'm sure Sun & Moon are going to be the first generation-debut games that are being completely snubbed from E3, unless if there was another generation-debut Pokemon game I'm forgetting.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Main Pokemon games are typically never shown at E3. There's like only three instances I could think of (FRLG, XY and ORAS) and they're just there to pad the presentation.

When is the CoroCoro update for this month?

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
Speaking of that Nintendo NYC tweet I posted earlier about the 2nd floor being closed today... I'm wondering now what it is, since Nintendo just recently revealed their plans for E3. Nothing but Zelda all around, they don't even have a Digital Event/Direct planned for it this year:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-using-their-e3-press-conference-slot-for-a-1774864305

So I think it's a safe bet that we probably won't be seeing anything Sun/Moon related at E3 unfortunately. If they're dedicating all of their E3 slot to Zelda next month, then I'm wondering if we do have a Direct coming up within the next few days to cover the other non-Zelda stuff, including Sun and Moon. It's all suspicious to me... or I'm just being paranoid.

Didn't the "only zelda" quote just mean that zelda 2017 was the only playable game on the show floor. It is practically certain that other Nintendo titles of the year will be shown at E3, just not playable, which is strange considering that Federation force is released in August so why not have that playable too.

Years
Main Pokemon games are typically never shown at E3. There's like only three instances I could think of (FRLG, XY and ORAS) and they're just there to pad the presentation.

When is the CoroCoro update for this month?

So Pokemon games have been snubbed from E3 before... interesting.

As for CoroCoro, I'm expecting it to start leaking sometime next week.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Didn't the "only zelda" quote just mean that zelda 2017 was the only playable game on the show floor. It is practically certain that other Nintendo titles of the year will be shown at E3, just not playable, which is strange considering that Federation force is released in August so why not have that playable too.
No. There won't be any direct at E3 this year. It's really just Zelda there and the Treehouse stream showcasing it.

Years
"The official Japanese site has updated and said that the first news for Pokémon Sun & Moon is to come out on May 10th 2016. The news will be given at 21:00 JST, which is 13:00 BST, 12:00 UTC, 08:00 EDT & 05:00 PDT. We don't know how the information will be given but we'll post it as soon as we can. Keep checking back for news."

:)

Ah yes finally... guess I have to mark my calendars for this Tuesday. If they are going to reveal new information then, that means CoroCoro will likely feature it in their Pokemon articles.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What does everyone think the new info will be? Will it be just the box art or something more than that?

Does this mean we'll get a steady flow of information now?

Years
It's hard to believe we had to wait through two months of speculation based on nothing. Like Absol said, I believe it'll be a YouTube presentation that will then be rounded up in CoroCoro.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Oh god I can't breath... that's Monday my time. I'm getting my blood drawn that day, I hope my excitement doesn't have any weird effects on my test results and cause the doctor to raise eyebrows.

51016712.jpg

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Okay Coro Coro , What scoop you will reveal that beats today's news ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd say nothing. There's no reason for it to reveal anything new. We have a lot of information now so I don't know why they'd release something new that could be leaked as soon as tomorrow. It'll repeat all this information and maybe give us the names of the protagonists or something.

Years
I mean the video gave us the typical new gen reveal, and trust me I'm not complaining, I'm so incredibly hyped for this gen, way more so than I was for X and Y when they released those starters (though the creation of Greninja certainly made up for that), so I don't think we're getting anything else in the CoroCoro.

One can always dream, though!

Years
I'm sure the starters are the main focus of CoroCoro, but I'm hoping for info on the legendaries as well. And one that I'm taking with a grain of salt, the protagonist artwork.

blue

gucci
Years
Totally forgot about CoroCoro but I'm pretty much in agreement in everyone else in that it will just cover what was already revealed today. They might expand on some smaller details and contain new screenshots, but the general focus is likely to be on the starters and legendary mascots.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Amazing huh !
Few days ago , We couldn't wait for Coro Coro to release ! And Now we don't give a freaking care about Coro Coro.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
I am super stoked for new games... I actually forgot corocoro was still yet to come..

As far as what it can reveal new.. Maybe legendary attack names, that bird Pokemon, and meaning of the diamond in logo... But I don't expect anything else

Back