• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Sunday updates! July 12th!

Ayselipera

I think its the best one they've had for it yet.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Also, the magnificent surf theme can be heard. It sounds so awesome. <3

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • thanx for the filb.de vid its so clear! lol lapras jus hovering on land and totodile dancing about I LOVE IT!! ^^ the minigames arent quite what i expected but hey better than nothing thanx again

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    You can also hear the Johto battle theme. Best remix I've heard so far.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    Yeah, I have to agree its one of the best i've seen so far. I look forward to seeing more improved sprites :D

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    The Filb video is so clear :D
    the racing game looks awesome
    Gyarados looks awesome

Im a bit dissapointed about the surf sprite but i guess its all cool :D

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • First off, the remixed Johto Wild Battle and Surfing themes sound so awesomely done. XD

Now, that Red Gyarados looks sweet. Someone on YouTube said that it looks so smooth, you can't see the pixels like in other games' sprites, and I have to agree. It also seems they've made Lake of Rage have more water to it, which is always a plus, since there wasn't much surfing involved to get to it. As for the surf sprite, eh, I'm not really bothered by it. Would've been cool if they redid the Lapras-like sprite, though. XD

Can't wait for the next update. Hopefully, it'll be something more involved with the games' plot, or maybe even a Gym Battle and stuff, since the newest CoroCoro had some Gym Leader profiles. And I hope there's more awesome music heard. XD

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • .... God, this will be THE best games EVER.

--

I love Love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the music that plays while fighting the RG! So GBC-ish! <33333333

Years
  • I love the music that plays when you battle Red Gyarados. It's not annoying at all. I like it a lot better than the original and the DPPt battle music.

The surfing theme sounds pretty. :)

I like the rain on Lake of Rage. It looks nice. I also like the bubbles that appear before the battle begins. I wonder if it's only raining for when Red Gyarados is there, or if it will stop once it faints or gets captured.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm loving the new sprite for the Red Gyarados, I'm wondering if the non shiny one will look like that as well or are they going to give shiny Pokemon a different sprite

:t354:TG

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • <3 <3 <3 <3 That wild pokemon theme! I think the rest of the music is going to be pretty awesome if that's any indication.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • the new sprite for red gyarados looks really sweet! and what is that building showed earlier in the video that gold is walking into? possibly a building similar to gts? or battle tower?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    the new sprite for red gyarados looks really sweet! and what is that building showed earlier in the video that gold is walking into? possibly a building similar to gts? or battle tower?

I believe you are talking about the mini-game building for Pokeathalon :P

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • Seems like each pokemon has individual stats like speed, jump, stamina etc. I wonder what they base them on...

And is there just two minigames there? Dash battle and..Pound field?
    according to the CoroCoro scans there are 9 new minigames total

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Like everybody I too liked Gyrados's sprite. The OW was not clear but it was okay. I really would have loved it if those tracks for racing games were more curved and were like a.....um..... track? But whatever...
    (Thanks Twilight Darkrai for always giving these updates!! You ROCK!!!! :D)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah twilite is good for Pokemon Sunday. Like I am for corocoro scans. Usually.
    Anyway somethings to note
    -the games are on the area near the national park. You can tell it right away.
    -These better replace contests we need something new.
    -The red gyarados. Why did it go on its side diagonally?
    -Note how proper animation was used for it.
    -Your pokemon seems to be underwater. Perhaps when you send it out it splashes underneath and you jump on?

Back