• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: Tentin Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Just got to Southern Tentin and found the Trendy Saying guy. When asked if I had anything trendy to say, I said 'yes' to trigger the thing. This triggered the following error:

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RunTimeError occurred.

Script error within event 4 (coords 40,20), map 240 (Stable Town):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: TextEntry:1242:in 'pbStartScene'undefined method 'width' for nil:NilClass
    ***Full Script
    pbSet(55,pbEnterNPCName("Trendy phrase?", 1, 12, **,*Character32))

Interpreter:243:in 'pbExecuteScript'
    TextEntry:1546:in 'pbStartScreen'
    TextEntry:1620:in 'pbEnterText'
    TextEntry:1617:in 'pbFadeOutIn'
    TextEntry:1617:in 'pbEnterText'
    TextEntry:1635:in 'pbEnterNPCName'
    (eval): 1:in 'pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in 'eval'
    Interpreter:243:in 'pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1606:in 'command_355'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Hi all!
    my decidueye didn't learn the Spirit Shacle to evolution. Is it supposed to be right?
    If yes at witch level he learn it?
    Thanks for the answer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Yes, I have seen that the pokemon moves are up to the 6th generation. Is it?
    For example, my Gardevoir does not learn the fairy moves ...
    I thought that at least for the starters an exception was made.
    And at this point I would have preferred to have starters of the 6th generation
    another question: in the future will the moves of the 7th generation be implemented?

thanks for answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Came across this error while fighting in the 6th gym.

Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `attacker' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x11a15508>
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:160:in `pbCanPoisonSynchronize?'
    PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:221:in `pbPoison'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:232:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2919:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2872:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2872:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3354:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3334:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3357:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3555:in `pbProcessTurn'

Based on the text, it seems like it didn't know what to do when my Toxapex used Toxic on a Synchronize Umbreon. The battle continued as normal, however.

Edit: After battling a female Gym Trainer in the 8th Gym, her sprite suddenly teleported a few spaces to block the path after I came at her from the side. She did not move back after leaving and re-entering.

Edit 2: Battling an Ace Trainer with Dhelmise in Victory Road, this error occurred when it attempted to use Slam.

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `isCont?' for #<PokeBattle_Move_000:0x11c45d58>
    PokeBattle_Move:598:in `pbCalcDamage'
    PokeBattle_Move:1277:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2919:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2872:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2872:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3354:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3334:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3357:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3555:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3554:in `logonerr'

This same error occurred again when it attempted to use Energy Ball. Is Dhelmise perhaps broken?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So I beat this game shortly after my previous post. The Hall of Fame screen said I had 9 hours of playtime. Now, I mention this because it felt...off. Like there was more that I missed somehow. I got the Cut HM early, but never used it. I got the Surf HM (mislabeled as a TM, despite not being able to forget the move) later on; shortly before Victory Road (which is the only time I found it actually necessary). However, I did find at least one place with breakable rocks; one had an item behind it. However, I never came across anyone that gave out or hinted at the Rock Smash HM/TM. Same with the Fly HM. It isn't a big deal, but it was mildly confusing.

Thus my asking: Did I miss something? Is there a chunk of game (either mid- or post-) that I skipped without realizing?

Years
  • So I beat this game shortly after my previous post. The Hall of Fame screen said I had 9 hours of playtime. Now, I mention this because it felt...off. Like there was more that I missed somehow. I got the Cut HM early, but never used it. I got the Surf HM (mislabeled as a TM, despite not being able to forget the move) later on; shortly before Victory Road (which is the only time I found it actually necessary). However, I did find at least one place with breakable rocks; one had an item behind it. However, I never came across anyone that gave out or hinted at the Rock Smash HM/TM. Same with the Fly HM. It isn't a big deal, but it was mildly confusing.

Thus my asking: Did I miss something? Is there a chunk of game (either mid- or post-) that I skipped without realizing?

You didn't miss anything, actually. Looking back, this game is missing things and I'm working on making a 2.0 version that'll address these issues since more seem to be playing. Fly isn't available, and I must've completely missed Rock Smash, (which is really embarrassing.) I suggest playing the sequel since I worked harder that time to change things.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    Hey there! I just wanted to know, since I've seen from the threads of your other games that somehow the plots are connected or mentioned (didn't want to spoil myself anything): what's the right order to play your fangames?
    I figured it would be something like Tentin Redux -> Return to Tentin AKA Light in our Hearts -> The Camry Legend -> TCL 2
    Is that right?

Years
  • Hey there! I just wanted to know, since I've seen from the threads of your other games that somehow the plots are connected or mentioned (didn't want to spoil myself anything): what's the right order to play your fangames?
    I figured it would be something like Tentin Redux -> Return to Tentin AKA Light in our Hearts -> The Camry Legend -> TCL 2
    Is that right?

Thank you for asking! Also, late response, I woke up late today.
    The correct order, by in-game timeline, is The Camry Legend, Tentin Redux, The Light in Our Hearts, then The Camry Legend 2.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2020
    Thanks! Not often you get to play four games with a shared timeline, look forward to it

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I know this isn't a major issue since we can call The Guide for help, but the map of the Tentin region in the Pokegear seems to be the basic map included in Pokemon Essentials.

Also, would it be possible to get a location guide for Pokemon like there is for your other games?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know this isn't a major issue since we can call The Guide for help, but the map of the Tentin region in the Pokegear seems to be the basic map included in Pokemon Essentials.

Also, would it be possible to get a location guide for Pokemon like there is for your other games?

Phew, Tentin Redux is an older game of mine. I sorta miss it, and although I've moved onto Blossom of the Soul, I can still make a location list, though, if you'd like.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    That would be much appreciated, and one for the Camry Legend also, if you don't mind. Many thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Hello i have a prob with my ubdew and my riolu, they wont evolve but i'm in daytime ? and they maybe have enough hapiness

Years
  • Hello i have a prob with my ubdew and my riolu, they wont evolve but i'm in daytime ? and they maybe have enough hapiness

Wow, Tentin Redux. Quite an older game of mine. You'll have to accept a few bugs, but luckily my newer games aren't like this, I promise.
    Also, I'll be locking this thread, since this game is old enough. Any further issues, and my DMs are open.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back