• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: The Camry Legend

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    I haven't played this game yet, but I just wanted to comment the creator on how much work they must be putting in. I've been reading the comments and it's really encouraging to see you responding to everyone and trying to make this game the best it can be. Thank you for all your hard work on the game and I can't wait to play it!

Play it! This game is awesome! Best fan game I've played yet! Lots of helpful things given to you in the beginning of the game (move relearner, Help Line if you get lost and most importantly Exp All!).

I know I'm being selfish, but I wish it was controller supported too. Lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2019
    I am fully enjoying playing your game. After trying and failing Pokemon Reborn, it is nice to have a game that gives me an option if I want to play on skilled mode or normal mode. The story, the characters, and the humor is just wonderful. Sir Gloomy with his trainer had me cracking up. Seeing the old school pokemon of my youthful days just warms the heart. I am still learning the newest gens so it is helpful to see the first generation pokemon in there too.

There is a bug that keeps popping up. The error states: Script 'FollowingPkmn' line 666: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method for nil: NilClass. When that error code pops up, it completely turns the game off. Unfortunately, it occurs within the first five minutes of the game. It started after I attained the fifth emblem, so ever since then my pokemon doesn't follow after me. I tried to reboot my computer, download the newest version of the game but none of that worked. So I figured I would let you know so you can fix the bug.

Years
  • I am fully enjoying playing your game. After trying and failing Pokemon Reborn, it is nice to have a game that gives me an option if I want to play on skilled mode or normal mode. The story, the characters, and the humor is just wonderful. Sir Gloomy with his trainer had me cracking up. Seeing the old school pokemon of my youthful days just warms the heart. I am still learning the newest gens so it is helpful to see the first generation pokemon in there too.

There is a bug that keeps popping up. The error states: Script 'FollowingPkmn' line 666: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method for nil: NilClass. When that error code pops up, it completely turns the game off. Unfortunately, it occurs within the first five minutes of the game. It started after I attained the fifth emblem, so ever since then my pokemon doesn't follow after me. I tried to reboot my computer, download the newest version of the game but none of that worked. So I figured I would let you know so you can fix the bug.

I'm so glad you enjoy the game and Skilled Mode! I will look more into this bug so it won't cause any more problems. A new fix will be out hopefully tomorrow!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2022
    I started playing the game the march 18th update. The Kanto Dex still crashes the game but the national dex works fine.
    THe gameplay is too slow that it beats my tolerance. Once I am done with some more of the game, I will give my feedback. For now I found that electric type pokemon are getting paralyzed. As of gen 6 shouldnt electric type not get paralyzed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2020
    is mimikyu in the game and if it is is it found in necrolane ive been looking for awhile

Years
  • I started playing the game the march 18th update. The Kanto Dex still crashes the game but the national dex works fine.
    THe gameplay is too slow that it beats my tolerance. Once I am done with some more of the game, I will give my feedback. For now I found that electric type pokemon are getting paralyzed. As of gen 6 shouldnt electric type not get paralyzed

Thank you for informing me of this. For the Pokedex, just avoid using the Kanto dex. But for the gameplay being too slow, I can't help there without more info. I will add these to a new update!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2022
    Thank you for informing me of this. For the Pokedex, just avoid using the Kanto dex. But for the gameplay being too slow, I can't help there without more info. I will add these to a new update!

So I am now at Seamur City. I have found some errors. FIrstly moves like sand tomb, bind, do not work. Maybe other moves that do damage every turn dont work either but I am sure about sand tomb and bind.
    Secondly, when the Dragon Slayer fellow at the graveyard and the prof at seamur both say to go towards EAST, they actually mean WEST.

Years
  • So I am now at Seamur City. I have found some errors. FIrstly moves like sand tomb, bind, do not work. Maybe other moves that do damage every turn dont work either but I am sure about sand tomb and bind.
    Secondly, when the Dragon Slayer fellow at the graveyard and the prof at seamur both say to go towards EAST, they actually mean WEST.

I will be able to fix these, too. So thank you for reporting these bugs to me. If you find any more, please tell me!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    It's been a while but here's my personal thoughts about this fangame!

This time around you are challenging Emblem Leaders instead of Gym Leaders. And you fight 6 instead of 8 people to get to the final location. Before challenging each Emblem Leaders you will have mini events with to learn about them, which is a good addition to your regular Pokemon games. There are some memorable events such as the Professor who loves hiding in the refrigerator etc and there is never a dull moment playing this game. I always find myself returning to the game immediately after closing it because it was so much fun.

The map, although small, is an interesting area to traverse in. Camry region has a lot of fun places to travel and I didn't really went through any annoying areas that has high encounter rate. And because the map is small, you easily get to the next city without having the problem of walking too long. And there aren't a bunch of trainers to stop you in the way, so you don't have to constantly feel the need to keep returning back to the Pokemon Center to heal up as you try to get through the routes to the next city.

The game itself is not too difficult, but still poses some challenge if you aren't careful enough. No much potion/berries abuse from the top trainers so you won't have to pluck your hair from your head out of frustration, which is nice. Music selection is extremely amazing, and I highly approve Gator Gamer's taste in choosing the music for the appropriate areas, events and battle.

The game is at a good working condition with stable FPS most of the time. There are some minor bugs and glitches but nothing major that affects the gameplay too much or progress. The only time the game crashed is when I opened up the Pokedex but I believe the newest version of this fangame has fixed the crashing issue.

I'm giving this game a score of:

8 out of 10

I honestly have a great time with this game. The reason why this game didn't have a higher score is because I hope there are more things to do in this game as this game is extremely enjoyable. If I recall correctly, there aren't that many encounters with legendary Pokemons for you to catch so you can't exactly build your OP dream team but this is just a minor complain. Nevertheless, this is a fangame that you shouldn't miss and should start playing immediately!

PS to Gator Gamer: Any plans to implement controller support any time soon?

EDIT: Full playthrough of this game can be found here if you're curious about the game or get stuck in certain parts of the area:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQJZvIgYpjE1coAK2ZiAFgCsGNMDYUYq8

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Hi

I do enjoy this game and the zodiac feature, amongst other things; only issue is I am stuck on victory
    road, a boulder just won't move, it says when I interract that it can be movd, but no, I restarted game to last save but the issue remains, and I do not feel like restarting the game to see if this boulder would move...

I cannot post a screen due to 1st message (just ceated acc coz I couldn't find anything anywhere else to help) but I can pm the imgur link of the bugged boulder.

Years
  • Hi

I do enjoy this game and the zodiac feature, amongst other things; only issue is I am stuck on victory
    road, a boulder just won't move, it says when I interract that it can be movd, but no, I restarted game to last save but the issue remains, and I do not feel like restarting the game to see if this boulder would move...

I cannot post a screen due to 1st message (just ceated acc coz I couldn't find anything anywhere else to help) but I can pm the imgur link of the bugged boulder.

Just to make sure, do you have Strength? It's in Seamar City. If you already have it, then I can look more into the buggy boulder.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Just to make sure, do you have Strength? It's in Seamar City. If you already have it, then I can look more into the buggy boulder.

Yes I do, I used it to get an item before, it is THIS boulder that won't move.. and according to the walkthrough, it could be passed with a bug with tilesets not bordered but it has been fixed in the
    version I am playing :/ (1.3.1)

Edit: fixed !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    I'm getting two errors one is I'm getting an error where eevee doesn't follow me anymore that crashes the game and then I'm getting an error with the pokedex that also crashes the game, I have the april 2019 version of the game as well. And is there a discord for the game?

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    So i got a couple questons there are 3 games whats the best and most recent that your working on and are u making a new one and are all pokemon in your games including legendaries and starters

Years
  • So i got a couple questons there are 3 games whats the best and most recent that your working on and are u making a new one and are all pokemon in your games including legendaries and starters

My most recent game is The Light in Our Hearts, then The Camry Legend, then Tentin Redux is the oldest. I'm currently working on a sequel to The Camry Legend. I'm thinking of posting a recruitment request here to find a person who can make the region map first. Also, for all games, you can't really get all Pokémon but Mystery Gift can nab you a Meltan and all Tapus in The Light in Our Hearts.

Back