• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
OK, well as a fellow house mapper I have a fw comments that you might like to know.
Well its original and realistick in size, but there are to many pot plants. Annnnnnnnnnddd its WAYYY to semetrical. I doesn't look as good as your other screenies, but it is better than nintendos.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Yeah, there are a couple plants that I would like to remove, and now that someone said it. *in an alimighty echo voice* "IT SHALL BE DONE"

Also, I probably wont post anymore pictures of the Pokemon Center until I finish it competely.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
wow this is good, the maps are actually real towns, villages and cities unlike the pokemon games where it only has like 2-4 houses in a town >.< .
ngood job ^^!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2007
Could you please PM me the tileset you are using for this game. I downloaded sphere and need a tileset!

Years
Somewhere in options you can convert normal tilese to Sphere format.
I don't think so he will PM you the custom work.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i have another problem with the level restriction things that i mentioned earlier
what is to stop you from taking pokemon that you caught in a new realm, and powerleveling them back in a different realm where you can have them face lvl 60 pokemon who are beaten by a lvl 70? if you just do that to the top of the lvl restriction, then that would make that pointless.
unless you were to place a restriction on where the pokemon could travel (like, youu cant use apokemon caught in orange islands in kanto region) until you have beaten that league
right? does that make sense? i don't even know if it makes sense to me

Captain Arcane

Years
Ok, I see what your saying.

If you took a Pokemon that you got in Johto (per say), and went back to another previously visited region like the orange islands. And you trained that Pokemon past the level cap, and brought it back to Johto to fight.

Well, the answer to that is, It will not obey. Which may I say is what I was trying to say in earlier posts, but I couldn't remember the word I was lookoing for. But yeah, in any case, if you try to use a Pokemon that is past the level cap for any given region, it will not obey you, just like the original pokemon games.

oreobytes

super de duper!
Years
this looks like an AWESOME game so far!
i really can't wait to play it, even if it's a demo, though don't worry i won't rush you or anything, cuz you should take as much time as you need to make a great game hehehe =]

anyways,
you asked for ideas of the starters in Orange Islands, Orre, and Fiorre, maybe you could get an Eevee in each zone? if you can't figure out anything else, then maybe have a mix of the other starters for that region, like, for Orange Islands have it be Totodile, Bulbasaur, and Chimchar (to fit the 'tropical' theme kind of)
or have different types? like Electric, Ground, and Flying? or Poison, Psychic, and Dark...it's really up to you, but that's just my suggestions.

also i had some questions-
-Will you be able to choose whether or not you're a girl or boy in the beginning?
-Also, what player sprites will you use? Or, maybe you can choose what sprite you want in the beginning as well (like how you could look) like on that really bad online game Pokemon Crater does?

that's all for now, good luck with the game! i can't wait =)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
Heya! I've been tailing this for ages and finally decided to post a comment.

This is brilliant so far, but the some of the maps are too... Spacey...

Other than that, it's brilliant.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
this looks like an AWESOME game so far!
i really can't wait to play it, even if it's a demo, though don't worry i won't rush you or anything, cuz you should take as much time as you need to make a great game hehehe =]

anyways,
you asked for ideas of the starters in Orange Islands, Orre, and Fiorre, maybe you could get an Eevee in each zone? if you can't figure out anything else, then maybe have a mix of the other starters for that region, like, for Orange Islands have it be Totodile, Bulbasaur, and Chimchar (to fit the 'tropical' theme kind of)
or have different types? like Electric, Ground, and Flying? or Poison, Psychic, and Dark...it's really up to you, but that's just my suggestions.

also i had some questions-
-Will you be able to choose whether or not you're a girl or boy in the beginning?
-Also, what player sprites will you use? Or, maybe you can choose what sprite you want in the beginning as well (like how you could look) like on that really bad online game Pokemon Crater does?

that's all for now, good luck with the game! i can't wait =)

The Eevee idea is good, but for Fiore, I would say Plusle or Minun.
For Orre, Eevee.
For O.I., I would have to say either of the Nidorans.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
well, what about on that same note, if you takes tests to become different classifications - like you have to take a test, which would involve questions and puzzles, as well as a pokemon battle, to become hiker ___ or psychic ___
kinda like a guild
then you could get rewards for it

oreobytes

super de duper!
Years
scienceboy said:
well, what about on that same note, if you takes tests to become different classifications - like you have to take a test, which would involve questions and puzzles, as well as a pokemon battle, to become hiker ___ or psychic ___
kinda like a guild
then you could get rewards for it

that's an AWESOME idea!
i would love to do that hahaha
kind of like a "class" in pokemon games, considering it's already an RPG, i think that'd be a neat thing to add into it, also something that adds more sidequests too.

Jake said:
The Eevee idea is good, but for Fiore, I would say Plusle or Minun.
For Orre, Eevee.
For O.I., I would have to say either of the Nidorans.

i like that idea a lot, for the Orre and Orange Islands, but i honestly hate Plusle and Minun...they are just ripoffs of Pikachu. =(
but maybe Eevee there as well with the option of a stone? (to get Jolteon, Flareon, or Vaporeon)
Or maybe you just get a Pikachu in Fiore and an Eevee in Orre!

Captain Arcane

Years
Wow, lot of replies! (O)_(O)

Hmm, I really like that idea about the class thing. I'll keep that in mind, and I'll think about that. Give a few weeks, and by then, I should have a good decision if I am or not going to do that, but that seiriously is a very good idea. Thanks

Now, about the whole starter confusion with all these different regions. I have decided that you are only going to get the original 3 starters in each region that you should originally get them. Now, I know many of you might not like that idea, but look at it like this. When your in Kanto, you get the chance to obtain an Eevee, but if your starter pokemon in the Orange Islands was an Eevee, then you would have 2! But nobody wants a starter that they already have, and especially if they can breed it to get more, it completely takes away the special feeling of what a starter Pokemon is suposed to be. So I have decided to do it like this.
Some regions will share level caps with others, so that it takes away the whole starter mess.
Level Caps and Starters:
Kanto, Sevii Islands, Orange Islands (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)
Johto (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)
Hoenn, Orre (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip)
Sinnoh, Fiore (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

What this means is that, when you defeat the Indigo Plateau, you can use all your Pokemon from Kanto in the Sevii Islands and the Orange Islands, without the fear of them disobeying you. But when you get to Johto, then your limited by the level cap. And so on and so forth.

Oh, and I'll let everybody in on a big secret! There is going to be something different about all the elite four areas in the game! I wont tell just yet, but trust me, its going to be B-I-G.

oreobytes

super de duper!
Years
Wow, lot of replies! (O)_(O)

Hmm, I really like that idea about the class thing. I'll keep that in mind, and I'll think about that. Give a few weeks, and by then, I should have a good decision if I am or not going to do that, but that seiriously is a very good idea. Thanks

Now, about the whole starter confusion with all these different regions. I have decided that you are only going to get the original 3 starters in each region that you should originally get them. Now, I know many of you might not like that idea, but look at it like this. When your in Kanto, you get the chance to obtain an Eevee, but if your starter pokemon in the Orange Islands was an Eevee, then you would have 2! But nobody wants a starter that they already have, and especially if they can breed it to get more, it completely takes away the special feeling of what a starter Pokemon is suposed to be. So I have decided to do it like this.
Some regions will share level caps with others, so that it takes away the whole starter mess.
Level Caps and Starters:
Kanto, Sevii Islands, Orange Islands (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)
Johto (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)
Hoenn, Orre (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip)
Sinnoh, Fiore (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

What this means is that, when you defeat the Indigo Plateau, you can use all your Pokemon from Kanto in the Sevii Islands and the Orange Islands, without the fear of them disobeying you. But when you get to Johto, then your limited by the level cap. And so on and so forth.

Oh, and I'll let everybody in on a big secret! There is going to be something different about all the elite four areas in the game! I wont tell just yet, but trust me, its going to be B-I-G.

Awesome, i can't wait to here your decision on the class thing,
also i like how you figured out the starter mess, it looks like it'll work nicely. =)

and now i'm all excited for the "big" secret about the elite four, hahaha XD
Good luck with your game!

Captain Arcane

Years
Alright, I made a sig for Pokemon The Lost World, you can get the code for it on bottom of the first page. Hope you like it.
jfkqb7.png

Improfane

hiatus
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
Your Pokemon center is cool.

If you make a list of all the available chairs within those sitting areas, you could randomize NPCs to appear at different places. These NPCs should be more useful than the typical NPCs in the rest of the Pokemon center, to justify walking to them. They could give you items and sidequests. Although you would need to ensure the placement looks natural, you don't want too many people crowding in the same areas or just one person on each side.

Different towns should have varying levels of activity, small towns like the island of Cinnibar, Cherrygrove and Verdanturf would only have two or three NPCs. Places of interest like Viridian (for the Indigo Plateau), Goldenrod and Safron would be full. These NPCs could also be be found in different centers to simulate their travels.
Captain Arcane said:
Well I had to incorporate the online factor, and I also tried to incoporate the anime into it aswell. See, from what I can remember, there was a Pokemon Center in the episode were that one guy abandoned his charmander. Well, the guy who abandoned it, was in the Pokemon Center sitting at a area where there was couches and had carpet. Just like a hanging out type of area.
I remember that episode with the neglected Charmander! That was a good episode. It would be also be a good example of the mission or sidequests given by these NPCs.

Last edited:

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
woot! a suggestion from me that someone would actually follow!!

and also, that isn't what i meant. what i meant was
lets say that ur level cap was lvl 20 for the first gym. i can take a pokemon i just caught, train it in a different region to lvl 20, then slaughter the gym. no challenge whatsoever.

for the starter things - so the pokemon are giong to be stronger in the regions with the same caps? ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back