• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I am guessing that is Fall City in Fiore, i hope im right :-)
    Nope :3

This game is certainly going to be huge. Extremely ambitious, and the image output so far is extremely high quality. The mapping is beautiful and spacious, allowing for unconfined exploration of a more "realistic" world which is something I never thought could work in Pokémon. Friendly word of warning though, don't let the scale compromise quality. I've seen other projects try to cram in too much and it can be overwhelming. Remember the amount of NPCs and random houses you've got to fill, and you'll have to think carefully about weighting the gym challenges so that they don't become too easy as your Pokémon get more powerful throughout the course of the game. If any project can deliver, though, it's this one. Keep it up!

Well, Arcane is going to try and make this online...So a large amount of space is almost necessary

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • This game is certainly going to be huge. Extremely ambitious, and the image output so far is extremely high quality. The mapping is beautiful and spacious, allowing for unconfined exploration of a more "realistic" world which is something I never thought could work in Pokémon. Friendly word of warning though, don't let the scale compromise quality. I've seen other projects try to cram in too much and it can be overwhelming. Remember the amount of NPCs and random houses you've got to fill, and you'll have to think carefully about weighting the gym challenges so that they don't become too easy as your Pokémon get more powerful throughout the course of the game. If any project can deliver, though, it's this one. Keep it up!

Thats the fun part!!!
    I love adding all the people, making sure everything fits just right. Making new overworld people sprites, filling the game with an unimaginable amount of different looking people, and buildings. An intire world, which truly shows what pokemon can truly become.

Many times I think about what I'm doing, and all I do is become happy, because knowing that I have the determination for completeing something like this, making a world within a world, its just amazing. And I've always understood that its not going to be easy, but, if everything "was" easy, then nothing would be fun, am I right? And if it was easy, then there would be hundreds of badly made pokemon fan games out there, ruining the title of Pokemon. But more than anything, this is my way of saying thank you to Nintendo for creating the greatest RPG franchise in the world.

Also, thank you very much Fangking Omega, for actually knowing and realizing the difficulty of creating something such as this , (which many people do not) and still incuraging at the same time. And besides, of all people, you should the difficulty of making a pokemon game, seeing how you yourself are making one. (which I'm looking forward to playing ^^)

thanx again Omega.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Then you've got the attitude to make this beast work and I'll be supporting you every step of the way! If you have the determination and get the level of enjoyment out of making it that you say you do, then the quality comes naturally. It shows with the expert mapping. As I say, I've never seen "big" maps work so well before but you use space perfectly. You've also got the originality and I love the ideas generated in areas such as regional transport. It all seems well thought out and professional. Thought about setting up a website? Anyway, I'll enjoy watching this project develop.

I'm just curious to know how you'll handle moving into new regions and leagues. You'll have Pokémon with a certain standard level and as you progress that level gets higher so what happens when you've been playing through a few regions and have hugely high levelled Pokémon? Blooding new low levelled Pokémon might become difficult because opposition levels are too high for them to realistically compete, and if you keep your opposition purposefully low your high levelled 'Mons might just sweep the board in hilarious style. And you could end up catching lv. 89 wild Pokémon, or else struggle to catch them because you keep knocking them out. It's a very hard balance and it's the main issue in a game of this size.

A.T.K.

>>"{LoneWolf}"<<
    Years
  • That's not what he means... When you enter a new region, Pokémon from a previous region that are above a certain level, cannot be used in the new region you get the badge in the new region that gives you the ability to use them. For example, say you start in Kanto, and you get to the last gym in Johto, beat it, then you can use any Pokémon from a previous region.

OK thanks for clearing that for me :DDDD

and Captain Arcane it must take u for ever to make a map of one city and i respect you for that. I hope you dont give up on it.... it looks like its going to be the best poke game ever

Last edited:

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    my guess is the 7th gym badge twon in GSC ... forget what tis called though :(

Captain Arcane

Years
  • well, all I can say to you guys is thank you. The encurage ment does much more than what most people think, so in a way, your all making this to.

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Thats Olivine City,

Well done Arcane for realising this games hardness to complete but once you have done it will be one of the most popular online pokemon games in the World and you will become as popular as Zel is with his game (hack) of Shiny Gold.

Well thank you very much, but its not like I just realized it, I've always known that this is going to be tougher than I could ever imagine, and thats why I'm doing this. Oh and again, thanks.

................by the way....that is Olivine City!!!! ^____________^!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No way. That's not Olivine - it looks way too good for that :P
    Your maps and tiles are amazing.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
  • i got this idea:

- you can upload an avatar (50x50 pix, or other formats) to place on your trainer card (back of the card), also you can write your biography on the back of the card (below the Picture)

i know you already made the design of the trainercard.
    i could try and make another page for the trainercard.
    i'll post it if i'm finished.

i made these pics to make sure everyone can see what i meant in my previous post (idea about the trainercard) not that these are just examples, if Capt. Arcane desides to add a last page to the trainercard he can use this, but he may also make another one.

--- THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL PICTURES, ONLY CAPTAIN ARCANE CAN SUBMIT THOSE PICTURES !!! ---​

Note: I saved these as JPEG's to prevent people from stealing custom work.

( tell me if you like my idea captain ;) )

The First Pic: this is the design of the last Tab (or the back)
    The Second Pic: this is an example of the card-tab (or back) in use
    The Third Pic: this is a list of all tabs (and/or back)
    The Fourth Pic: Pokémon The Lost World Logo (Made By Captain Arcane)

[click the attachments to enlarge them.]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No way. That's not Olivine - it looks way too good for that :P
    Your maps and tiles are amazing.

That's only one section of the entire town xD
    I've seen some of the other "secret" buildings xD
    Guess what my reaction was?

Captain Arcane

Years
  • i made these pics to make sure everyone can see what i meant in my previous post (idea about the trainercard) not that these are just examples, if Capt. Arcane desides to add a last page to the trainercard he can use this, but he may also make another one.

--- THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL PICTURES, ONLY CAPTAIN ARCANE CAN SUBMIT THOSE PICTURES !!! ---​

Note: I saved these as JPEG's to prevent people from stealing custom work.

( tell me if you like my idea captain ;) )

The First Pic: this is the design of the last Tab (or the back)
    The Second Pic: this is an example of the card-tab (or back) in use
    The Third Pic: this is a list of all tabs (and/or back)
    The Fourth Pic: Pokémon The Lost World Logo (Made By Captain Arcane)

[click the attachments to enlarge them.]

Sorry Toph, but I already have the whole trainer card sorted out, if there would be any changes, they'd be done by me personally.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I know this will be awesome.
    when it says made with sphere on the first page, what does that mean?

A.T.K.

>>"{LoneWolf}"<<
    Years
  • Ok, when tha game comes out...do you haft to play online or can than be a option... i personaly dont like online games..like mmorpgs...they slow my computer down too mutch and this game is going big and i still want to be able to play it :D.... soo is it going to be a option or all online???

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Ok, when tha game comes out...do you haft to play online or can than be a option... i personaly dont like online games..like mmorpgs...they slow my computer down too mutch and this game is going big and i still want to be able to play it :D.... soo is it going to be a option or all online???

Arcane wants to include online features, so yes if Sphere will work

A.T.K.

>>"{LoneWolf}"<<
    Years
  • I don't know, we may be able to have an offline function.

We're still to much in development to have thought of these things much yet

Ok :D thank you, i hope you add an offline function, because all the other players running around bug me....than it will become an MMoRPG and im done with them, and many other ppl r too... but have an online function is fun is allways and you get bored, so going online will be funn, and then you can mess thith the little noobs or hang with friends and battle other ppl once and a will...but i vote for and offline function :p

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    First off I wanted to say, this project is amazing and the work Captain Arcane and the rest are doin is incredible. Anyways, my question goes off the last couple about online things, I was wondering if the rare pokemon that there are supposedly going to be events for, with the online connectivity is there only going to be a limited number of legendary/rare pokemon per server? Or is everyone gonna be able to get every single legendary or rare pokemon, my worry is that if every can get them they wont be anything special. I just dont wana see everyone running around with a cookie-cutter group of legendarys

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back