• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    no, I meant like the variations of male/female and region posted before.

but if you aren't accepting anymore I won't post any, thanks for warning me beforehand.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    >_> I feel like I'm one of very few who actually read all the way through this thread, or at least read the first page, as about 70% of the questions asked are answered in the first post, or in subsequent pages. guess they're just lazy.

<_< anyway, this game really looks AMAZING, and I'd love to support you, Capt. Arcane, and the rest of the Pokemon: TLW team. Good luck to you all.

also: when/if I ever get close to even working on my own game, would you mind if I used your world map? I know it seems kind of lazy but theres no way I could do any of that stuff on my own.

also, I'd like to try some spriting for the first time, so would you mind if I tried some variations and posted them here?

Yes thank you for the support, its much appreciated.

Oh, and yes, he is correct, about all the questions that get asked, I have already answered them on the first post. So, please, to save me, or other members trouble, if you have a question, look at the front page, and if you can't find it, then ask it. Thank you.

Now, what you could do though strawhat_luffy is create a pixel art thread with your variations or whatever sprites your working on. I would be more than happy to judge your work to help you. :D
    Or you could PM them to me to.

Well, about my world map, I'm not to sure, its not finished yet, but I don't really know if I want to let anyone use it. Mainly because I made Sinnoh from scratch comlpetely 100%, and also orange islands, fiore, and Orre, so I'm not to sure...yet.....

Again, thanx for the great support.

Last edited:

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    yeah, I kinda get what you mean by using it from scratch and not wanting to let other people use it.

>_> besides, I probably won't start working until I really learn how to map/script. thanks for the tips though :)

poo__

The Pokemon Master
    Years
    Asom game. thx for this great game kep up the good work here in this game. i give it 10/10 game and i hope u agree with me

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Awesome captain!
    I would like to see the world map you make, it should surprise me!

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
    >_> I feel like I'm one of very few who actually read all the way through this thread, or at least read the first page, as about 70% of the questions asked are answered in the first post, or in subsequent pages. guess they're just lazy.
    I salut you, my fellow reader!
    happy to see there are people who read everything.

and thank you for your supportive post ^-^

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    I think it would be cool if you could add a field next to P. Oaks Lab to view the pokemon you have in the PC

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
    I think it would be cool if you could add a field next to P. Oaks Lab to view the pokemon you have in the PC
    wouldn't that become quite a lot of pokemon? at least 493 (?) if you catch one of all of them, not to mention the amount when you catch more then one of some.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    wouldn't that become quite a lot of pokemon? at least 493 (?) if you catch one of all of them, not to mention the amount when you catch more then one of some.

It would only be a good idea if you made it a breeding center, and you had a spriter who was willing to sprite an overworld for every single Pokemon.

Its plausible but impracticable, much simpler to have some Pokemon such as Rattata and Pidgey roaming the grass, although you can't reach them.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, professor oak does have something like that in the anime, so it would make sense to be in the game ... although it might make more sense to put it a bit outside of pallet town

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Or, when you view pokemonh in the PC, there can be an option to have that pokemon shown in the field. It can also have somthing like a limit of pokemon. Like 10 when you bet the kanto elite four, 20 after the orange Islands, 30 when you bet the johto elite four, so on so forth.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Or, when you view pokemonh in the PC, there can be an option to have that pokemon shown in the field. It can also have somthing like a limit of pokemon. Like 10 when you bet the kanto elite four, 20 after the orange Islands, 30 when you bet the johto elite four, so on so forth.

Again, the sheer amount of spiriting would be an ordeal on its own. Unless we were lazy and just used Mystery Dungeon 2 sprites. Then again, its not such a bad idea after all D:

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Holy mother of......

I believe I found the motherload of Pokemon fangames, here......if it's really to be THIS big, then I don't blame ya' one bit for not wanting to release anything until you've finished - which suits me just fine, since there's no way in hell my comp would be able to handle this one (in other words, my comp sucks). I really don't blame ya' for not wanting Fakemons, either, since I see those better off as something for after GF stops making 'em themselves for the most part (unless they're not evos/pre-evos of previous ones).

I see I'm not the only one who's always found the '4 Moves of Doom' formula to get rather old; when I make a fangame, you bet I'll also be ditching that, too. I hadn't thought of doing it by way of levelling, though; you mind if I borrow that for mine? :P Damn, I wish I HAD thought of that.....

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Ok, I want to know on a scale from 0-1000, how much is done?

I really want to play a good online RPG, that is pokemon.

seeing other's walk around, instead of turning into random people and wandering, like in the union room on pokemon R/S/E/FR/LG.

Though I have to ask... Will you make Orre a free roaming desert? or will the routes be routes?

And what is the point of Fiore being there? I mean, What will the towns be for? they have no point in the pokemon Rangers game, and there are no wild pokemon grassy areas?

lastly, can I use your Orre tiles? I am working on a Hack of pokemon fire red, based in the Orre region, and my tileset team is having a hard time making a proper sand, and you seemed to master it perfectly!
    I'll put you in the special thanks section and the Tile set section of the credits, and I could even make a battle against you, starring Captain Arcanine, and he would have some bad-ass pokemon!

PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!

Years
    Ok, I want to know on a scale from 0-1000, how much is done?

I really want to play a good online RPG, that is pokemon.

seeing other's walk around, instead of turning into random people and wandering, like in the union room on pokemon R/S/E/FR/LG.

Though I have to ask... Will you make Orre a free roaming desert? or will the routes be routes?

And what is the point of Fiore being there? I mean, What will the towns be for? they have no point in the pokemon Rangers game, and there are no wild pokemon grassy areas?

lastly, can I use your Orre tiles? I am working on a Hack of pokemon fire red, based in the Orre region, and my tileset team is having a hard time making a proper sand, and you seemed to master it perfectly!
    I'll put you in the special thanks section and the Tile set section of the credits, and I could even make a battle against you, starring Captain Arcanine, and he would have some bad-ass pokemon!

PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!

Even if he did let you use them, how would you shrink them properly to fit into a hack (RPGXP tiles are bigger than GBA tiles)

btw, really nice game. Good luck on the rest of it.

Edit: damn just remembered he isn't using RPGXP, so maybe what I said has no relevance. The tiles are probably the same size.

tautologous

Unnecessary Repetition
    Years
    Do you know how awesome this game looks? I can't wait to be able to play it =) Just reading the beginning of the thread made me want to faint from the power of awesome-ness.

Keep it up guys, this is great!

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    If you need more pokemon variations for the Orange Islands, I have a book with some. I was also wondering if you were going to inclued all the areas from all the movies. And are you going to put in minigames? Because if you are, there is this system called pokemon mini that has tons of good minigame ideas (made by nitendo)

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
    Again, the sheer amount of spiriting would be an ordeal on its own. Unless we were lazy and just used Mystery Dungeon 2 sprites. Then again, its not such a bad idea after all D:
    It's not that I think it's a bad idea, just that I'm wondering what you will use it for? there is no real use for it, except for seeing a bunch of pokemon walk left/right/up/down in a field. yes the spriting would be an awfull lot, but it can be done. given sufficient time that is of course.

Lastly, can I use your Orre tiles? I am working on a Hack of pokemon fire red, based in the Orre region, and my tileset team is having a hard time making a proper sand, and you seemed to master it perfectly!
    I doubt he'll let you use the tiles. besides, there already are some sand tiles right? the beach tiles, the desert from R/S/E and various other pieces of sand in the games.

Edit: damn just remembered he isn't using RPGXP, so maybe what I said has no relevance. The tiles are probably the same size.
    Yes the tiles are the same size.

If you need more pokemon variations for the Orange Islands, I have a book with some. I was also wondering if you were going to inclued all the areas from all the movies. And are you going to put in minigames? Because if you are, there is this system called pokemon mini that has tons of good minigame ideas (made by nitendo)
    A book? like an official one or how do you mean that? I never heard of such a thing so I'm verry curious.

ah yes pokemon mini xD
    I used to have one, no wait that was the pikachu thingy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back