• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Travellers - PG 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    Hey! I've been off for a while and I really do wish to attend a good RP. I'm asking if you'll still accept me, and if, for my RP sample, I could just recommend one for you or really have to copy and paste? And what's the difference between Biography and History?

Last edited:
    Years
    Any word on this starting? its sounds very interesting...

if you don't want to look after it KS I would be happy to... broke my foot last week so now have 6 weeks sofa bound :(

Sweet Dreams

Years
    ((Ooc: Well, if you don't mind, I replaced "Likes" and "Dislikes" with "Personality". I just couldn't think of much to be seperated into the two. Hopefully that is acceptable.))

Name: Kari (kah-RI)

Appearance: Tall, slight and tanned, Kari looked better suited to a runway than out in the wild, hunting for fearsome creatures. Her dark, wavy hair always looked slightly windblown and reached down to the small of her back. Her eyes, however, were not brown as someone might expect, but a deep ocean colour which looked blue to some and green to others. Of course, she herself didn't care what colour her own eyes were.

The outfit she favoured for training and journeys to mild or hot climates was a caramel, sleeveless tee and chocolate coloured short-shorts that held quite a few pockets. Usually found on her person was a bag riddled with pockets, the colour of orange leaves during autumn. To prevent herself from becoming too scratched, she donned thin, brown socks that reached up to her mid-thighs and worn, scruffy running shoes. At times, she was known to wear red, cotton gloves.

In cold or temperate climates, Kari wore a lime t-shirt and a flowing skirt which reached past her knees and matched her shorts. She also consented to wear tights as well as short, white socks. A light brown jacket was always handy if the temperature dropped too far for her to be comfortable in her present clothes.

Personality: Often, Kari is fearless and brave when confronted with extreme situations, facing them without one word of complaint – except when she was dealing with the wet and the cold. She absolutely detested being either wet or cold, and although she could live with it, she would whine and grumble for the duration of that particular situation, and several hours after. Apart from these times, however, she really was a quite cheerful person with a fast wit.

For her, making decisions is the harder part of life. Some could lead to many a sleepless night with her wringing her hands in an agony of indecision. Once a decision was made, either by her or by someone else, which she approved of, Kari would carry it out come fire or famine, unless persuaded to do otherwise. Sometimes, she could get extremely stubborn and pigheaded, especially after a bout of cold rain.

History: Kari was born on Cinnabar Island to a poor household with more than enough children. She was the fifth child of a total of eight when her mother died in the last childbirth and left her at the age of four. Raised by an irate sister and a practical, hard-working father, she developed a need to get away from the household and family – just like everybody else in the family.

Luckily, she was saved from becoming a fuming and rebellious teen by one of her older brothers and younger sisters. Their gentle caring and hilarious antics were one of the few things keeping her sane. Her Pokémon, of course, helped her deal with that as well.

When she heard about a chance to get away and prove herself worthy of the world, she took it, barely even glancing at the risks listed. To journey into and discover a new region sounded like a great adventure, free from the stifled life she led with her family.

Pokémon:

Name: Fluffy
    Species: Arcanine
    Personality: This canine was rash and irritable, not to mention stubborn. At times he seemed to be the embodiment of every bad habit and personality glitches that Kari had. However, like all canines, Fluffy was extremely loyal and sometimes compassionate and willing to listen. He was also one of the best cushions in the world for Kari because of the ever-burning fire present inside him. Caution and tact were two words that were not present in the Arcanine's otherwise rather large vocabulary.
    History: As a pup, Fluffy was found on the beach by Kari as a very young girl. She was six years old when she took him in, or so to speak. He was carried to a small niche to be rested and taken care of, and since everything had to have a name, she dubbed him Fluffy. After a while, their bond grew and his strength returned. They always snuck in times to play on the beach when Kari's sister wouldn't miss her.

Name: Jewel
    Species: Steelix
    Personality: Jewel is usually steady and calm, as well as patient; she could take provocative gestures and words, and throw them away without a second glance. She was Kari's pillar, the one that Kari looked for when in need of reassurance. With the wisdom and patience almost equal to that of the Earth itself, she is greatly appreciated by Kari for her hindsight and support.
    History: The lads at Kari's home town had dared her to enter a dark cave and catch the biggest Pokémon she could find. Desperate to prove them wrong when they called her chicken, (it had just finished raining) she agreed, and managed to catch an Onyx without getting killed. Kari gained both the boys' respect for her that day, and a great friend.

Name: Razor
    Species: Sandslash
    Personality: Jewel may be calm and Fluffy may be loyal, but Razor was the careful one. He always looked before he leaped and had saved his teammates hides more than once. He also carefully calculated and judged his next move in an instant when battling an opponent he feels is either strong or smart enough to beat him. He had long ago assessed that if an opponent underestimated you, there was more of a chance for you to win than they did, and so worked to accomplish that. Otherwise, the Pokémon with the most threatening name in Kari's group was really the youngest and smallest of the lot.
    History: One day, as an inexperienced and unruly Sandshrew, Razor wandered down to the beach and its baking hot sand during a low tide before curling up to sleep. Tired, he had not noticed the sparkling blue waves that started to approach the cliff-face until he woke up in pain as the first spray of salt water splashed onto him. He backed up against the cliff edge which was impossible to climb and knew he was done for. That was when a girl riding an Arcanine scooped the terrified bundle into her arms and carried him to safety.

RP Sample: Danna cursed as she ran down the hall, instantly berating herself for that outward show of frustration. Members of the Team were dispersing from the large room where meetings were held, and she knew that she had missed an important announcement. Aside from a clenched jaw, no outwards sign of irritation showed on her face as she grabbed a hold of a Grunt's arm and calmly ordered him to inform her of what the meeting was about.

Deciphering the Grunt's jumbled stutter, she gleaned that new Legendaries have been found, and inwardly sighed; frustrated at the Anti-Nova meeting she had to attend. She checked to see if Brad or even Lupin had paged her and given her an assignment concerning the discovery. Five words winked at her from the small, electronic device; New Legendaries: Capture – Mount Silver. She let go of the Grunt's arm and continued on to the hangar where her own flyer was stored.

Her flyer was rather plain, compared to a few others, who like to lavish theirs with unique decorations, and was therefore nicknamed "The Needle". With a sharp point at the front that emphasised the long, thin body to decrease wind resistance, and a couple of fins near the rockets for aerodynamics, it did slightly resemble a needle. Two mechanical wings were folded and wrapped around the body, covered in a reflective foil to semi-camouflage the Needle. The foil was also coating the whole ship itself. The wings were shaped like fans and used mainly for saving energy and silence, as well as stopping the flyer in an emergency. It was no battle ship, but one created for stealth and invisibility along with speed and precision. Her battle jet was in another hangar, and would be of no use for capturing.

The Needle didn't seem to have a door, or she, a key, to enter the clear bauble that contained the driver's seat, half in the needle, and half out. She pressed her right thumb to a small, gel pad just below the edge of the shield and waited for a moment, letting the machine scan her finger print. With a small whoosh, the hemi circle rotated backwards and allowed her to climb in. The magnets on the bottom of her flyer were also commonly used on the others' ones as well, to hover gently before using the thrusters and rocketing out to the sky outside.

The Needle was smooth and relatively quiet, which made for a pleasant ride, and she leaned back, smirking slightly.

Sweet Dreams

Years
    ((Ooc: Well, if you're gone, then I'll start.))

Kari clutched at the smooth, steel railing tightly, closing her eyes and laughing as the wind blew her hair away from her face. She was on the deck of the ship, enjoying the warmth of the blazing sun and eager for a first glimpse of the island. Opening her eyes, she gasped as she really did catch sight of a sandy beach and green forests beyond. Quickly gathering herself and clutching at her bag, she scampered off the deck and into the shadowed corridor which held the rooms.

'We're close to the island! We're almost there! Hurry, gather your things, get your Pokémon, we're almost at the island!' She shouted, knowing that the occupants of the room would hear her. Sprinting past, she arrived at the training facilities and opened the door. Without bothering to check who was in there, if anyone, she repeated her shouting in a slightly breathless voice.

She knew that the news would travel swiftly with the other trainers and scurried back to the deck. The island they were going to explore was much larger than she expected it to be, which was all the better, seeing as it would take longer to explore. She leaned over the railing in excitement, but quickly leaned back when she saw the expanse of icy cold water below. Instead, she whooped to get rid of some excess energy. This day really couldn't get much better.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
    Kamora was looking at the sea as the boat started to move away from the port. He couldn't believe he had won a spot in an tournament on a far away island. With that he let Combusken and Skitty out of their pokeballs. The two pokemon cheered as they saw Kamora's face. "We're about to reach the island and then we will catch some more pokemon. Even though we have two ribbons we will still need to work harder and get some cool combinations." said Kamora patting his pokemon on their heads. As Kamora finished praising his pokemon he returned to his cabin for some sleep. As he slept he remembered his encounter with the legendary Zapdos and how powerful it was. He still felt that legendary pokemon didn't belong in contest, but he did think they were an awesome sight to see. Then he had a dream about entering the Grand festival and beating his competitor. He stood tall holding the trophy and his pokemon by his side. Just as the dream was getting good the captain informed everyone it was time to get off the ship and get on the island.

Cariger

24 Days Till My B-Day!
    Years
    Yeah, Carol E. Cadena would have been also leaning against the railing, just like many other excited trainers were doing since just smelling the salty sea water surrounding them pumped up their adrenaline. After all they were going on an island untouched by any other trainers. They were going to be the pioneers of the island. They could become famous. They could even discover new pokemon. So of course everyone was just oh-so-excited. However this brown haired girl was just relaxing on a sun bathing car, her emerald eyes closed as she felt the warm sunlight on her slightly tanned skin.

See, she decided to take a nap before getting to the island, that way she'd be one hundred percent ready for this trip. No matter what happened. Let it be bad whether, some insane earthquake, or an evil organization that is planning to capture the pokemon on the island. After all she had to be ready for anything and everything that could and would happen on the island.

Her nap didn't last too long though, for eventually the sound of trainers loudly chattering about how the island was already in view and how they were almost there woke the slumbering trainer up. "Eh, what?..." The drowzy manner Carol spoke was a tell-tale sign that she was obviously still a bit tired. But then as soon as the words that the other trainers were saying sunk into her head, she woke up. "Oh we're almost here?! Oh shoot!" Okay now the party was going to get started and it was about time too.

Carol leaped out of her chair and slung her green backpack over her right shoulder, not bothering to hook her left arm around the other strap. And as soon as that was done, the small five foot female dashed off towards her room, just to glance once more at her room to make sure she didn't forget anything inside of it. After all the girl was known to be rather forgetful and clumsy.

Sweet Dreams

Years
    ((Ooc: The following is based on practical reality. There's no way a large, luxurious ship can strand itself on the beach and manage to ever get away again.))

The cruiser, being much too large to land on the sandy shore, threw down her anchors when they were still quite far away from it. When they announced that the trainers would be split into two groups to row a couple of floats to the shore, Kari's blood ran cold. She was quite certain the boat will capsize – with her, it always did. She'll end up whiny and biting, and that was not a good first impression. She bit her lip nervously, clambering aboard one of the two bloated, yellow, plastic boat-like objects. She was too busy closing her eyes and muttering to herself under her breath, oar in hand, to notice who else was on the raft.

'Please, please, please do not capsize. For once in my life, I hope the boat I'm in doesn't capsize. I hate being cold and wet. If I can make through this without getting cold or wet, I swear I will try my best to love my family, although they can be hard to love, sometimes,' Kari kept prattling on to herself under her breath. Anything to forget the icy, unforgiving depths that lay below. With a jolt, she felt the float start being lowered ever downwards and screwed her eyes shut. Her mutterings intensified as she clutched the oar so tightly that her knuckles were white from the strain.

'The next time I see him, I'll give Dad a big hug and thank him and Naomi for what they've done for me, and Kyle, and Day, Rachel, Terrance, Rika and Stacy. Yes, I'll give all of them big hugs and presents the next time I see them, if you'll only let me get out of this boat trip dry and relatively warm,' she moved the oars as somebody from the large ship next to them shouted down at them to hurry up and get moving. Kari was very conscious of the fact that the raft was very unsteady and kept bobbing as the tide rushed towards the beach.

Years
    Tiger enjoyed the sea breeze as he was lowered down on his boat. he was looking forward to this adventure into the unknown. Until now he had felt that he was missing something, so many people before had adventures just like his own and what he wanted was something new, a real adventure. He raised his bright blue eyes to look at the beach not far away

'this is it' he thought to himself 'this is what I have been waiting for'

Tiger felt the reassuring weight of his 3 pokeballs at his waist. Jocal especially would be excited about this, he was just as adventurous as his trainer. Tiger glanced around at his fellow passangers as the boat hit the water, some looked nervous, others almost as excited as him.

Cariger

24 Days Till My B-Day!
    Years
    As soon as Carol got out of her room, she noticed that many trainers were murmuring something about taking some little yellow boats to shore since the one they were currently inside of was too big to be sailing over to the shore. Which was fine with the brown haired trainer. "Alright Lotto, come into your pokeball since I doubt that ya will be able to fit on those yellow boats with all those trainers." She told the normal-type pokemon as she took out the premiere ball that her Ditto was given to her in. "Ditto." It waved her a quick goodbye before disappearing with a bright red light. Then the brunette clipped the pokeball onto her yellow belt and moved down the halls until she reached the area where all the trainers were gathering so they could get into one of the two yellow boats.

Carol waited for her turn, and once she was able to get into one of the yellow boats, she took hold of the oar given to her. "This is gonna be fun." She grinned and then placed the oar on the water as she waited for the signal to start paddling to shore. After all she wanted to make it in one piece and as fast as possible. Mostly because she already wanted to get to the island and explore it. But it was also because the brown haired girl didn't know how to swim, although she wasn't scared. If anything happened, she could get one of her pokemon to save her. Anyways what sort of trainer would she be if she was scared of a little bit of water?

As she waited for the signal to take off, her emerald eyes began to look around at the other trainers who were either holding their oars confidently, nervously, or just boredly. Although the girl wasn't sure on why anyone would be bored if he or she was about to embark on one of the most wicked awesome journeys of a lifetime. But whatever, it wasn't her fault that some people in this world were just as enthusiastic as a rock.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
    Awake from his sleep Kamora saw trainers boarding boats. he looked over and saw that people were going to the island. Kmaora didn't want to be left behind so he got on a boat too. He looked around on the boat and found that he had to grab an oar. Kamora was mad, but then he grabbed it and started to row. "I hate doing hard labor. However, it will help us get to the island faster and catch some pokemon." said Kamora rowing over and over. The trainer across from him was a brown haired girl that was having fun. He couldn't believe she enjoyed rowing the oars to the island. He let it go and continued to row. He hoped they would get to the island before it got cold.

(sorry if its too short, couldn't think of much)

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Can I Join In?

Name: Savanna
    Appearence:
    Pokémon Travellers - PG 13

Dislikes: Being Bored,Sleeping,Complaining People,Explosives,People That Talk Too Much
    Biography:
    History:
    Pokemon:
    RP Sample:

Will Edit

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back