• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Tri-Color Nostalgia Series

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    Due to a naming screen bug I just noticed in the French version, 10.1's official release has been delayed to next month. Further, after careful consideration I've decided 10.1 shall be called Mister Rogers instead. 10.2's codename shall be determined at a later date, as will a new timeframe for releasing 10.2. Meantime, I'll see if the bug extends to the German version as well (the English version, at least, doesn't have the bug).

Also, I'm considering swapping the badges so that Koga hands out the Marsh Badge and Sabrina hands out the Soul Badge as was likely the original intent during localisation.

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    I ended up starting from scratch after moving development from Windows to Linux. I'll be starting fresh, from v1.0 on. Needless to say, I'm back. A former user here was getting a little too hostile towards me for wanting some help with my code, so I decided to junk it all and go back to the old drawing board. I'm also going to be a lot more cautious about who I ask for help from now on, and for the most part, as of now I work alone. As the old folk song goes, "I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now."

Last edited:

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    v1.0 will be released in weekly builds, beginning next Saturday (9/7).

The first weekly build will include the following:

- Updated Pokémon and trainer sprites and backsprites
    - Focus Energy fix
    - Automatic defrost
    - Text anti-censorship in Viridian City and Pewter Museum of Science
    - Running Shoes
    - Female player character
    - Updated movesets for certain Pokémon, including making Charizard, Dragonite, and the Pikachu family compatible with Fly and the Pikachu family compatible with Surf
    - New moves
    - Mirror Move fixed
    - Physical/Special split
    - And, of course, a Green Version
    - Plus other changes, mainly aesthetic

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    Easter eggs new to TCNS v1.0:

- Hold up, select, and A on the title screen to see some technical information about each build.
    - Sometimes, if you try to run from a trainer battle, you'll get Rickrolled ("No! There's no running around!").

I might add the Konami Code itself in this or a later build.

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    First, I'm going to have to do some serious work on compatibility.

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    This looks very interesting i might try this out. But the Link on the first page is not working it keeps saying the link is unavaliable. i had to get a old version called "10.0.3" from 2 post before this page. hopefully someone will fix this. thanks though.

Last edited:

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    I'll post the current, freshly-rebooted version on Saturday.

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    Here it is, made available on 7 September at 11:36 PM EDT.

Feel free to let me know of any issues you encounter during playthrough, and I'll take your queries into account in future updates.

Last edited:

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    How do you like my attempt to replicate the original Japanese intro sequence and title screen for the Red and Green versions?

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    I'm planning on it. I wish I could jump into it immediately, but there are a few issues to iron out first, including in the home bank.

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    Yeah its a great intro sequence

Thus far, I haven't been able to get the audio from the Japanese version, but with the help of Danny-E 33 and YamaArashi, I was able to get the visual side of things nailed down.

Fotomac

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    Now that I've had a chance to view the SGB borders, I noticed that the Green Version's border doesn't look the way it was intended to. Therefore, this week's build will incorporate a fix to address that. Also, there will be an assortment of minor enhancements in v1.1.

Last edited:
    Back