• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Unborn

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
Years
  • In Development

Story & About: https://pkmnunborndevs.wixsite.com/pokemon-unborn/about

Screenshots (some atleast): https://pkmnunborndevs.wixsite.com/pokemon-unborn

Download page: https://pkmnunborndevs.wixsite.com/pokemon-unborn/download

When a new version releases, the old version needs to be unninstalled first before installing the new one (otherwise some events and map positions may not work)
    Installer may be blocked by windows SmartScreen for reasons i dont yet know (im working on figuring out how to solve this, Windows 7 and earlier users wont have this problem, its purely a win8 win8.1 and win10 problem)
    (i myself dont have this problem either as im still on windows7 myself)

Asset, Sound and Tileset Contributors are shown on the intro when the game boots.

Making the game on rpgmaker , along with audacity and fl studio for some of the sounds and PSP8 for some editing
    Installer is made with Setup Factory 9

And sorry for my english, i know its bad :)

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hey I really want to play your game but the link not working are you going fix it take your time to fix it.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hey I really want to play your game but the link not working are you going fix it take your time to fix it.

dude what are you even talking about the links are working perfectly fine i just downloaded the game myself and am currently playing it

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it is safe dude.

yea idk what they were even talking about tbh like i had said i had just downloaded the game immediately after seeing their message and it works just fine tho i wanna ask, is there a speed up button im overlooking or not in this game? if not that's fine

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I'll wait for a male character, thank you very much

there's like a million fangames with exclusively male protagonists, chill out my man

anywho, is it possible to download this game as a ZIP file instead?

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    there's like a million fangames with exclusively male protagonists, chill out my man

im gonna guess not without a bit of editing as this is done as an installer

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
    Years
  • there's like a million fangames with exclusively male protagonists, chill out my man

Il include both a installer and zip version when the next version of the game gets uploaded (altho if something copys wrong then that's on you :) )

This will however mean that i have to get rid of some older installer versions from the "previous versions" section.
    il keep the 1.0 version alive in there and use the rest of the "Mega" cloud space for both the newest installer packages and Zip's

Sorry for the late reply and not uploading any new versions. ive been sick last couple weeks and havent been working on the game.

Last edited:

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
    Years
  • yea idk what they were even talking about tbh like i had said i had just downloaded the game immediately after seeing their message and it works just fine tho i wanna ask, is there a speed up button im overlooking or not in this game? if not that's fine

There is not a speed up button yet altho i might add it for the battle system later on

Sorry for the late reply and not uploading any new versions. ive been sick last couple weeks and havent been working on the game.

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
    Years
  • hey I really want to play your game but the link not working are you going fix it take your time to fix it.

The link is working. if it does not work for you your browser or a addon may be blocking "Mega",
    Cleaning your browser cache may help as some browsers sometimes dont load mega due to cache building up.

I tried downloading it from another pc on a clean firefox, chrome and IE install
    Firefox and chrome both downloaded it fine, just IE kinda messed up (as expected from IE, Dont use IE :) )

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh wow, since you've already got a demo out, I suggest you change the highlight tag of your post to "Released" so people are aware that a demo has been released and can attract more traffic to this thread. I actually didn't know this had a release till I saw a snippet of the last post whole browsing through the section.

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
    Years
  • Oh wow, since you've already got a demo out, I suggest you change the highlight tag of your post to "Released" so people are aware that a demo has been released and can attract more traffic to this thread. I actually didn't know this had a release till I saw a snippet of the last post whole browsing through the section.

Well since its not a "full release" yet, i'd rather keep it in developing until its +/- complete-ish (story wise), its more of a beta/alpha then a actual "release" now, lots of stuff is still missing and most gyms are even still missing.

But when all 8 gyms are there (or 16 if the amount of badges change, wich im not sure of yet) and the story is mostly complete il change the tag,

im not bethesda/Cd Projekt red lol, i don't like a full release with 80% of the game files missing :)

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
    Years
  • 1.4.9 is Live
    (both the .zip and .exe)

Upcoming update (2.O) will be a bigger update wich wil take a bit longer, so please be patient.

Unborn Dev

Unborn Dev
    Years
  • Announcement:

I don't think i will be able to continue the game for the following reason(s).

I ran into some ransomware and my antivirus software was not strong enough.
    All my files were encrypted and i had to reset my pc and do a clean install.
    I do have a copy of the encrypted most important files saved including my rpgxp projects, but i do not know if these will even be possible to decrypt/get decrypted.

If someone else wants to continue building the game, feel free to do so (that is, if you still have a older .zip version where i left the rpg project file inside)

Im truly sorry for this.

(If someone knows of a decryptor thats available somewhere for this kind of ransomware, please let me know.
    Filetype .neer whereas everything changed to that. Example: Picture.jpg > Picture.jpg.neer Document.txt > Document.txt.neer
    It seems to be a STOP DjVu ransomware of some kind)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    If someone else wants to continue building the game, feel free to do so (that is, if you still have a older .zip version where i left the rpg project file inside)

you can just copy an .rxproj file from any rpg maker project and you can edit the game with that

Back