• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
  • Question is Post-game 100% and is redwood forest Finished ?
    I would like to add more post-game story events in the future, but for now the post-game is finished. You can 100% everything currently in the game if you wanted to and feel satisfied at the end.

Is there going to be postgame for Sandbox Mode or will it always end at being Champion?
    A big problem with the way the post-game is set up is that it's mostly pointless when you have Sandbox Mode (as are most of the Missions in the main game). Eventually I'd like to basically make Sandbox's post-game the BFD, alongside an actual update to the BFD.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Skeli I know you rarely reply here but in rare occasions you do, any idea for how much longer you plan to support Unbound? I mean the game's already finished and at a state that can't be "remastered" or "enhanced" like it was from 1.1.3.1 to 2.0. All that is left is some minor bugfixes but that's about it and of course whatever you feel like adding to post-game.

Years
  • Hi there, I've just finish my very first run in this game on Android with My Boy! Free and I love it!
    I've been playing in v1.1.3.1, how can I update the v2.0.2? I tried using UniPatcher to patch 2.0.UP on v.1.1.3.1 and it doesn't work.
    Is it possible to have a patch guideline? Or a full game download link, sorry for asking too much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    You have to clean patch to another fire red file, but you can transfer the save by renaming the save file to match the updated rom! I suggest backing up the original save by just copying it to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2022
    pokemon Unbound v2.0

hello everyone I'm just want to ask how to get the item that can easily find pokemon cuz i forget the name that item its on the side of the pokedex. that item can use for identify what pokemon you can catch in area also you can get it east by scan it or register it
    thanks for helping me

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    How do I update my save file? I want to get the surfing Pikachu but my save isn't 2.0.2... Please help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    I would like to add more post-game story events in the future, but for now the post-game is finished. You can 100% everything currently in the game if you wanted to and feel satisfied at the end.

A big problem with the way the post-game is set up is that it's mostly pointless when you have Sandbox Mode (as are most of the Missions in the main game). Eventually I'd like to basically make Sandbox's post-game the BFD, alongside an actual update to the BFD.

Hi, would you consider adding the character hair colour/skin tone changing feature in the coming update,
    dont want to restart the game to change my character appearance all over again. please.

Years
  • I made a copy for the last save (both gba save and in-game save just for sure) and change the name that match the .gba name.

After that, try to load the save from gba, if not working, just load the in-game save.

That's work for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Hey Skeli,

I love Pokémon Unbound and all of the missions, characters, and customization options! :D In my second playthrough of the game, I noticed that it's possible to softlock the game in the Blizzard City mission where you rescue the kid wearing the Pikachu costume. Right above where you find him, there's a Battle Girl running from left to right, and there's a small nook that you can trap yourself in with the Battle Girl not being able to move out of the way because either the player or Willy is blocking her path. Since the player won't have Fly when the mission is first available, the only way out is to use Teleport (I'm not sure if it's allowed when an NPC is following you) or to reset the game to a previous save. I think this could be fixed by simply moving a tree or a rock around by one tile. It shouldn't be too much of an issue, though, since it's only possible if the player intentionally traps themself. I love the game, and can't wait for the postgame to be finished!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Does anyone know how to teach Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows to Zygarde in the 2.0.2 version? (already got all cells)

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    Hi for some reason after I beat the rival on route 12 he didn't give me garchompite. Is there some other place you need to get it? All of the guides says you get it there. Did it change with the new update?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2022
    First time poster here, just wanted to say that this is by far the best ROM Hack I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The overall quality is downright insane, and I legitimately cannot find any other hacks that even come close to holding a candle to Unbound.

As I have been injecting the hack onto a .cia file for 3DS portable play, I have been holding off on starting a new game, as when the final complete update with the Cube Corp. interior comes around I do not know how (if even possible) to transfer my save over to the new updated .cia file of the game I will need to create. I just wanted to ask- does the final update have any tentative release date window in mind in the next weeks/months?

Thanks!

Back