• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Underground

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Question - does Treasure Hunt work similar to Pickup, just with different items?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just started this game and I really like it so far! The open world concept is pretty cool.
    Is there a name rater in this game? I bought the abra in the first town and I'd like to give it a name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Question - does Treasure Hunt work similar to Pickup, just with different items?

Yes, assuming I coded it right. It should give you only sellable items for money, and a chance to get an item after a KO or caught Pokémon, but not by fleeing.

I just started this game and I really like it so far! The open world concept is pretty cool.
    Is there a name rater in this game? I bought the abra in the first town and I'd like to give it a name.

Glad you like it! Yes, the name rater is in the Pokémon center of Adhesiville, which is the town in the top right (you need a bike to get there).

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yes, assuming I coded it right. It should give you only sellable items for money, and a chance to get an item after a KO or caught Pokémon, but not by fleeing.

Is the chance very low or something? I haven't got anything with a team of Nifflers after 50+ battles!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    It's been a pretty interesting game so far and the addition of "field move spaces" in the pc is pretty handy
    Spoiler:

I'm getting an error though that won't let me finish the game

I see.png

Since there's no way to skip gym trainers, I can't exactly get the badge.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    It's been a pretty interesting game so far and the addition of "field move spaces" in the pc is pretty handy
    Spoiler:

I'm getting an error though that won't let me finish the game

Since there's no way to skip gym trainers, I can't exactly get the badge.

Should be fixed now. Had an ID of 2 instead of a 1 for that trainer in the game data. If you replace this file below in the "Data" folder, it should work. If not, you might have to download the whole game folder again.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pobe0n1lvhm02tc/trainers.dat/file

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is something up with the breeding mechanics? I've bred a Munna with the perfect IV ditto without issue, but then when I tried breeding a Drilbur with the same Ditto I got about 10+ eggs where they consistently didn't inherit anything from either parent (so not only did none of them get any perfect IV between them but they didn't even get any of the parent Drilbur's IVs). Wasn't using a Destiny Knot if that helps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Is something up with the breeding mechanics? I've bred a Munna with the perfect IV ditto without issue, but then when I tried breeding a Drilbur with the same Ditto I got about 10+ eggs where they consistently didn't inherit anything from either parent (so not only did none of them get any perfect IV between them but they didn't even get any of the parent Drilbur's IVs). Wasn't using a Destiny Knot if that helps.

Yes, I changed the default inheritance mechanic. I use the average IV of the mother as the new average for offspring IVs. The perfect IV Ditto gives a 50/50 chance to have a 31 IV for each stat (1/64 for perfect IV offspring, 1/32 for 5 IV offspring). I think this gives better chances for perfect IVs and lets you breed stronger and stronger ones over generations, if my math is right.
    I couldn't replicate getting that many offspring without a 31 IV anywhere. I generated 15 eggs with Drilbur and Ditto and every one had at least one 31 IV, so not sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I see - my Drilbur's IVs are pretty terrible (like an average of 9-10) so maybe that's why? (Does the Drilbur count as the mother?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    How to fast forward?

Not sure what you mean. If you turn up text speed, it's close to instant. You can mash through some of the battle text as well.

I see - my Drilbur's IVs are pretty terrible (like an average of 9-10) so maybe that's why? (Does the Drilbur count as the mother?)

Nah, the ditto should always count as the mother. Statistically, what you saw shouldn't happen, so I'll see if I can figure out if anything went wrong.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nah, the ditto should always count as the mother. Statistically, what you saw shouldn't happen, so I'll see if I can figure out if anything went wrong.

I should say breeding with the Ditto has been fine other than that. I used one of the baby Drilburs (with middling rather than bad IVs across the board) and started inheriting the perfect IVs properly, so I suspect maybe it isn't as smooth when you have a really low average IV.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Glad you like it! Yes, the name rater is in the Pokémon center of Adhesiville, which is the town in the top right (you need a bike to get there).

Thank you for answering my question! Unfortunately, the Name Rater won't let me change the name of my bought abra. He just says that "Abra" is a magnificent nickname and it's beyond reproach, and that's it. Is this a bug or is the game treating bought pokemon like traded ones and thusly preventing name changes?
    Still a great game either way!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Thank you for answering my question! Unfortunately, the Name Rater won't let me change the name of my bought abra. He just says that "Abra" is a magnificent nickname and it's beyond reproach, and that's it. Is this a bug or is the game treating bought pokemon like traded ones and thusly preventing name changes?
    Still a great game either way!

Yes, they all count as foreign Pokémon, it's not a bug. I think it fits in with the theme of the game, though, if all the GMPs had generic names instead of nicknames. Anyway, there are wild Abra on Route 7. That early one is really just for early teleport. 🙂

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I should say breeding with the Ditto has been fine other than that. I used one of the baby Drilburs (with middling rather than bad IVs across the board) and started inheriting the perfect IVs properly, so I suspect maybe it isn't as smooth when you have a really low average IV.

I've added the Destiny Knot (Route 13) and the Power weights (sold at Pokéjuice) to the latest version of the game. That should help with breeding IVs.

Someone was also asking about EVs, so I've added an EV checker machine at the Pokémon Institute (Ethylene City).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey :) any chance someone could tell me where to get a SteelGem? I found one once and sold it unfortunately before I checked on how to evolve Klefki :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Hey :) any chance someone could tell me where to get a SteelGem? I found one once and sold it unfortunately before I checked on how to evolve Klefki :/

There's only one item ball in Carbonate Mine that has it. You can also get a random drop from rock smash, but it's rare. I've added a vendor at The Phenol who sells gems. You can overwrite this file in the "Data" folder or download the latest version of the game:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/d3izr1bg0lfi5m9/Map112.rxdata/file

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just finished the game - had a lot of fun and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for something new! Will list the bugs I've found (hopefully won't be too hard to fix):

- When you fly to The Phenol you fly inside the building and get stuck - I imagine this is just an oversight with the coordinates.
    - In Trainer battles the Run option is replaced by "Call" which increases your accuracy and wakes you up if you're asleep (this makes forfeiting from Phenol battles impossible - but I can't lie it is very helpful at times) - I think this is a bug but it may not be?
    - In the Phenol (maybe in general) PP stalling doesn't work properly - as in they just skip their turns without using Struggle when they run out of PP. It can also softlock the game - I got this error when that happened:

https://prnt.sc/1tlfdjz

If it helps I've noticed this twice - first time was against the Double Team Musharna (no error - it just skipped turns) and second was against the Curse skarmory set (this caused the error above, costing me a 70 win streak. Pain)

- Not really a bug but the AI do make very strange decisions at times - seems like they choose moves randomly when that happens.
    - Flying types do not lose their Flying type when they use Roost as they're supposed to.
    - I got another error in the Phenol similar to the one above:

https://prnt.sc/1tlgq4p

This happened against a Hydreigon - but it's only ever happened once and I'm not sure why it happened. It did force a reset as well though unfortunately.

Can I also ask if there's a way to farm PP Ups - is it just through the Pickup ability?

Back