• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Unity is now out for download!

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Figured this could interest some people here.

Pokémon Unity is a Pokémon game engine developed for Unity 5. His author, IIcolour_Spectrum, released the first version on his subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnity/

The engine isn't complete yet, but there are already many features in it. It is open-source so everyone can download, modify and use it. I hope this will become very complete in the future thanks to the community.

The advantages of Pokémon Unity are multiple: multi-platform, since it uses Unity, you can build it for PC/Mac/Linux but also Android, HTML5 or iOS (even if Apple wouldn't approve it on his appstore), 3D graphics and more...

For now there is almost no documentation, so check the subreddit often since this is where people interact the most for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I have seen some videos I think it was around part 15 or 16 the only one I saw but it looks really good. I'm glad that it has been released.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
so this is software...? I might be interested in using this for my fangame

EDIT: have you included battling, etc? What about the pokemon; will we have to used the 3-d sprites? This is important to know. Would we have to install all of the moves, program the types, set global switches that tell the game you've accomplished several tasks? Operate objects like pokedexes, etc? I'm very curious because I just received a computer capable of programming and my project is moving into the development stage.

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Glad to see that someone else was working on this when I'd gotten bored with my own similar project. Hopefully this will make fangames less visually homogenized, though I won't hold my breath until I see someone making substantial progress with it.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years

EDIT: have you included battling, etc? What about the pokemon; will we have to used the 3-d sprites? This is important to know. Would we have to install all of the moves, program the types, set global switches that tell the game you've accomplished several tasks? Operate objects like pokedexes, etc? I'm very curious because I just received a computer capable of programming and my project is moving into the development stage.

I'm not the one who made this so I can't answer everything. I myself still have a lot to discover about this. I don't know how switches (or any equivalent) are done, if even they exist. The game supports animated sprites (currently it uses gifs, maybe later it will support animation sheets like Elite Battle does). It should be possible to make a full 3D battle scene with 3D models for pokémon but that requires lot of skills to do.

Only a few pokémon, moves and items are in the engine. It's only a matter of filling some data and adding sprites for pokémon / items. Some moves will need some coding though, for specific things. Types are already in, I think fairy is in as well.

Years

I talked to Ilcolour Spectrum and he said that there should be wild battles on route 003 not all of them have it.

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
Years
Just want to say thanks for making this! Runs beautifully, just incredible overall. Can't wait to see the amazing projects that come out of this, and I can't wait to try and give it a shot as well.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 20, 2019
Wow this looks INCREDIBLE
ok,the battle system isn't good like essentials or elite battle,or even the original games,but is very aceptable

will use this,crediting of course

Back