• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon World FireRed v2.0

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
I just discovered the Lavender Town 'easter egg' and that was very rude Q.Q

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Stragona_The_Alcremie said:
Is there a mirror download for the game, google drive keeps failing to download it cause of my bad wifi.
I upload my things on google drive because is the place I have an account on.
Edit: I tried uploading in a different site too, so hopefully is a bit better now.

Serefin said:
I just discovered the Lavender Town 'easter egg' and that was very rude Q.Q
It is on theme!
___

The game updated again, and this time we are at 2.0! I won't say final version because we all know how bugs love to show up when the dev is not looking.

Changes:
-The game now uses regular Pokémon sprites instead of Moemon.
-Some of the Pokémon was rebalanced.
(Check the "Pokémon Changes" file for more information)
-Wild Checker removed. Instead, you can better track Wild Encounters for every map you visit on your Pokédex.
(Fill the formulary at any Poké Mart to unlock the Dex features in an old save file)
-Poké Radar added.
(You can get one by entering the Vermilion City Poké Center, even if you already completed the game)
-The game now has a sound effect for walking on tall grass.
-The game now has sound effects for the Celadon Department Store elevator.
-A bunch of gen 6 Pokémon and a couple of gen 7 Pokémon added.
-A bunch of the new Pokémon added as Poké Radar exclusive, alongside with some otherwise hard to find Pokémon.
(Check the game txt files for more information)
-A couple new battle animations added.
-Both Kalos and Alola starters were added to the starter sets.
-Enemy aces are now signalized by a different Poké Ball.
-Hall of Fame changed and now plays the music properly.
-Added an extra Snorlax at the Coral Island so you can easily complete the Kanto Pokedex even if you unintentionally defeated both the Kanto ones.
-Fixed wrong fence tile in Viridian Forest.
-Added some cool alternative forms.
-Added Mega Mewtwo X, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Sableye and Lucario.
-Mewtwo has an extra boss battle if you are playing in the Extra or Legendary Difficulty.
(If you capture it, you will unlock it's WCS trainer regardless of your difficulty settings)
-You can challenge Professor Oak after completing the Kanto Dex.
(Defeating he will unlock a new WCS Trainer and you will receive an Oval Charm)
-The Feather Maker was buffed to give 10x more rewards.
-Every Fossil Pokémon from gen 1 to 6 is now obtainable.
-You can finally choose whether you want to read the intro or not.
-Talking to the Bug Catcher at Pewter City gives you the Squirt Bottle.
-Updated some of the Mega sprites by the larger Prodigal96's ones.
-The National Dex quest is a bit different now.
-Instead of the Rocket Fan Club being accessible by stairs, you can now only get there by elevator at Celadon Department Store, this way you will not accidentally enter it while trying to leave the building by stairs.
-Added Zygarde NPC at the Cinnabar Lab.
-Regular trainers fully reworked for variety sake.
(The difficulty should not be too far from the original experience)
-Lavender is even more fun.
-The Poké Mart formulary will now check the state of your game and apply any possible new change you skipped by playing an old version.
(This unfortunately cannot fix every issue and a new save file may be required for some stuff)
-Hilda will have a completely different team depending on her starter type.
-Extra difficulty teams completely reworked to keep it challenging while the player has all the new content to play with.
-Daily Cave added.
-Johto Dungeon added.
-WCS Lobby was expanded.
-The old man in Vermilion no longer say the S.S. Anne has departed before you are done with the Cut event.
-The outside portion of the S.S. Anne now properly change its color to the time of the day you are playing.
-Some Game Corner prizes and one trainer class was changed.
-You can see the TM names in the Game Corner before buying one.
-The little girl at the rooftop of the Celadon Dept. Store now only show you options of items you have.
-After you get the Town Map, Daisy can raise the happiness of one of your Pokémon per day.
-Momoko and May are now playable!
-Added a grayed out Red so you can switch it for custom trainer sprites you may have.

You can get more information in the main topic.

Last edited:
Years
This looks rather interesting. I have a couple of questions, out of curiosity.

Firstly, how come this is no longer a Moemon game?
And also, how different is this from a completely faithful FRLG remake? Is there a post-game replacing the Sevii Islands or does it just go up to the Championship?

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
This looks rather interesting. I have a couple of questions, out of curiosity.

Firstly, how come this is no longer a Moemon game?
And also, how different is this from a completely faithful FRLG remake? Is there a post-game replacing the Sevii Islands or does it just go up to the Championship?
Moemon is quite behind the actual games because of all the custom sprites. So altought I liked a lot, I felt very limited, especially later on in the development.
Even things like Mega Pokémon I could use just a coulple ones with Moemon sprites, where in the game you could find a lot more Pokémon that should Mega evolve.

Comparing to FRLG, there is a lot more Pokémon, both in the wild and trainers. Some post gen-3 mechanics like Poké Radar or catching experience is in it. I ended up removing most Team Rocket events because they were usually when I stopped playing, specially Silph Co. that I find very annoying.
There is no Sevii Islands, but there is a new set of post game maps with a legitimate way to catch Mew and a lot of new bosses, like a Professor Oak battle based on the one you can find via glitch in RBY.
You can also battle stronger versions of important trainers in a lobby accessible by any PokéCenter to get rewards and unlock more items in the shop if you feel like it, but this bit of the game is completely optional and you can just ignore it to have a closer experience to actual FRLG.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
a little strange to remove the team rocket events. Personally I would have been cool to reinvent the core story revolving around them since by gen 5 standards team rocket's motivations are lackluster.

Now I know that for the most part the game is gen 5 but with buffs on pokemon to improve the power of the pokemon themselves but is there anything like a nature changing mechanic akin to gen 8's nature mints or something that works similar? I just started and I'm trying to get a good nature and IV set on a bulbasaur so I can get a good hiddenpower attack if Earth Power isn't available for Venusaur given your goal with improving pokemon movesets.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
This looks like it will be fun to play, looking forward to facing off against Professor Oak!

I did have a question about Leafeon, is there a story/design reason for why a Leaf Stone can't be used to obtain one?

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
a little strange to remove the team rocket events. Personally I would have been cool to reinvent the core story revolving around them since by gen 5 standards team rocket's motivations are lackluster.

Now I know that for the most part the game is gen 5 but with buffs on pokemon to improve the power of the pokemon themselves but is there anything like a nature changing mechanic akin to gen 8's nature mints or something that works similar? I just started and I'm trying to get a good nature and IV set on a bulbasaur so I can get a good hiddenpower attack if Earth Power isn't available for Venusaur given your goal with improving pokemon movesets.
The idea behind the game is to make the experience more "arcade-like" betting more on replayability than anything. I think doubling down on plot and specially cutscenes not only stray my focus of all the other important gameplay stuff as a solo dev, but would also have a bit of an opposite effect. Personally, I find myself replaying the official games way less than the others when they are too text heavy, even if the experience is great for the first time.

Most things does follow gen 5 learnsets, but there is a couple post gen 5 mechanics like mega evolution. And as one of the game's megas, Venusaur really doesn't need help to be a solid Pokémon.

This looks like it will be fun to play, looking forward to facing off against Professor Oak!

I did have a question about Leafeon, is there a story/design reason for why a Leaf Stone can't be used to obtain one?
I hope you like the game!

To be honest the location related evolutions where kept without much thought. But if is too inconvenient, I can change them alongside a later bugfix.

Years
I've played up to a little past the third gym, around the point where you go back to Cerulean City. Is the EXP Share in this game? And if so, where is it? I'd like to know because I change my playstyle based on what kind of EXP Share there is, if any.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
Is it okay if i ask in the English Moemon Discord server if you could use their sprites to return this to being a Moemon game?
if there's any custom megas, then that may be an issue tho...

Last edited:

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
I've played up to a little past the third gym, around the point where you go back to Cerulean City. Is the EXP Share in this game? And if so, where is it? I'd like to know because I change my playstyle based on what kind of EXP Share there is, if any.
The Exp Share is in the game and works like regular FRLG. You can find it in the gate between Fuchsia and Route 15, with the same requirements as the original game.

Is it okay if i ask in the English Moemon Discord server if you could use their sprites to return this to being a Moemon game?
if there's any custom megas, then that may be an issue tho...
Sorry, I will not make this game Moemon again. But if someone else wants to do it, I wouldn't stop it.

About custom megas, there isn't any, but there is some alternative forms. Like the clone starters from the Mewtwo movie or Mystery Dungeon Kecleon.

Years
The Exp Share is in the game and works like regular FRLG. You can find it in the gate between Fuchsia and Route 15, with the same requirements as the original game.

Gotcha. Sorry for the continuous questions, but I believe I've ran into a couple of bugs.
Firstly, I chose the female character with the black hat and outfit, and her biking sprite has... well, no bike, making her look like she's levitating. It's quite funny, actually, but I thought I'd alert you just in-case this was unintentional.

Also, I purchased the Spiky-Eared Pichu from the Dungeon Lobby, and was given a normal Pichu - or at least there's absolutely no indication of it being a Spiky-Eared Pichu on its sprites or its profile whatsoever. I know there is a sprite for it, because I saw Lt. Surge had one (I think).

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun with this! I personally care a lot about story-telling, but I completely see where your choices as a developer to remove various aspects of FRLG came from, and in terms of replayability, I think it was a smart move, at least for this specific fan-game. Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
I hope you like the game!

To be honest the location related evolutions where kept without much thought. But if is too inconvenient, I can change them alongside a later bugfix.

So far, so fun, the WCS stuff that you can reach from every Center is something I now wish was in more games!

There is one thing that I am not sure if I haven't found the right button to press, or if this is a bug. Some Pokémon moves, like "Electric Terrain," do not display what they do in one page. Is there a button that lets the user see the rest of the text?

Attachments

• long moves.png
    long moves.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 8

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Gotcha. Sorry for the continuous questions, but I believe I've ran into a couple of bugs.
Firstly, I chose the female character with the black hat and outfit, and her biking sprite has... well, no bike, making her look like she's levitating. It's quite funny, actually, but I thought I'd alert you just in-case this was unintentional.

Also, I purchased the Spiky-Eared Pichu from the Dungeon Lobby, and was given a normal Pichu - or at least there's absolutely no indication of it being a Spiky-Eared Pichu on its sprites or its profile whatsoever. I know there is a sprite for it, because I saw Lt. Surge had one (I think).

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun with this! I personally care a lot about story-telling, but I completely see where your choices as a developer to remove various aspects of FRLG came from, and in terms of replayability, I think it was a smart move, at least for this specific fan-game. Keep up the great work!
Don't worry about the questions, I'm happy to see people engaged with the game! About the bike sprite, it is based on a flying machine from the show that character is from, that is why she levitates while on "bike".

The difference in design from Spiky-Eared Pichu from regular Pichu is very subtle. They even have a different pose and the Spiky-Eared Pichu has 2 extra spikes on one of it's ears. Here I printed one I got from the Dungeon Lobby (in the left), and a regular one I found on my Daily Cave (in the right).
Spoiler:
Other good way to know if your Pichu came with a different form or not is to pay attention if it came with a Magnet as it's held item. If it did, it's because all the changes were applied.

I'm happy your experience was been enjoyable so far!

So far, so fun, the WCS stuff that you can reach from every Center is something I now wish was in more games!

There is one thing that I am not sure if I haven't found the right button to press, or if this is a bug. Some Pokémon moves, like "Electric Terrain," do not display what they do in one page. Is there a button that lets the user see the rest of the text?
Glad to see other people enjoying the WCS content too!

Thank you for reporting that, the move description should fit in that space without miss any information. I think I understand what happened; I must have left the XY/ORAS description for those moves as a placeholder so I could change later, but forgot to actually change.

If the moves with this problem are all post gen 5, I am pretty sure that's why. I will add this to the list of things fix.

Years
Don't worry about the questions, I'm happy to see people engaged with the game! About the bike sprite, it is based on a flying machine from the show that character is from, that is why she levitates while on "bike".

The difference in design from Spiky-Eared Pichu from regular Pichu is very subtle. They even have a different pose and the Spiky-Eared Pichu has 2 extra spikes on one of it's ears. Here I printed one I got from the Dungeon Lobby (in the left), and a regular one I found on my Daily Cave (in the right).
Spoiler:
Other good way to know if your Pichu came with a different form or not is to pay attention if it came with a Magnet as it's held item. If it did, it's because all the changes were applied.

I'm happy your experience was been enjoyable so far!

Yeah, I didn't get the one on the left, I got the one on the right. I accidentally knocked out the one in the Daily Cave which wouldn't respawn, so I decided it was a good excuse to spend the free DP on the Spiky-Eared Pichu, but I was given a regular Pichu, with no magnet. I do have a magnet, but from a different random Pokémon that I caught in the wild.

The flying machine is clever though, thanks for clarifying.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
I'll be the one to make the Moe reversion, but I gotta wait until the Discord finishes with the sprites they haven't finished yet. i'm also gonna have to ask them to make sprites of the custom forms...

Years
I've now beaten the main game, and I have quite a few questions in relation to the post-game. Could I possibly private message you to ask about them, so to avoid spoiling anything here?

Also, I've run into another bug, I think. The girl who takes you to the dungeon game thing doesn't say anything when asked to list off the rules.

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Yeah, I didn't get the one on the left, I got the one on the right. I accidentally knocked out the one in the Daily Cave which wouldn't respawn, so I decided it was a good excuse to spend the free DP on the Spiky-Eared Pichu, but I was given a regular Pichu, with no magnet. I do have a magnet, but from a different random Pokémon that I caught in the wild.

The flying machine is clever though, thanks for clarifying.
This is very weird. The way Pokémon Essentials handles those things usually means you either get it to work, or an error/crash pop-out while the game tries to create/edit the Pokémon with an invalid command.
I will have to keep an eye for other people having the same issue so we can at least find some kind of pattern behind the bug.

I've now beaten the main game, and I have quite a few questions in relation to the post-game. Could I possibly private message you to ask about them, so to avoid spoiling anything here?

Also, I've run into another bug, I think. The girl who takes you to the dungeon game thing doesn't say anything when asked to list off the rules.
I think it would be probably better to ask here inside a spoiler so future players with the same questions could get a fast answer, but if you find more comfortable via PM, I'm ok with it.

Earlier today I was fixing some of the new issues and double checking the dungeon lobby so I could try to replicate the Pichu bug and I saw that too, felt very dumb about that one lol

I will copy and paste what the NPC should say in a spoiler for anyone who wants to know before an update happens:
Spoiler:

Thank you for reporting the weird stuff happening with the game!

I'll be the one to make the Moe reversion, but I gotta wait until the Discord finishes with the sprites they haven't finished yet. i'm also gonna have to ask them to make sprites of the custom forms...
I hope everything turns out ok for you! Because the game is open source, if you have RPG Maker XP, is very easy to edit it in case the alternative forms are too much of a hassle.

Years
I think it would be probably better to ask here inside a spoiler so future players with the same questions could get a fast answer, but if you find more comfortable via PM, I'm ok with it.

That's fine, I just wasn't sure how sensitive said spoilers are. I'll list off the questions by number below.
Spoiler:

Back